Ratnam Ebonites

ashishwakhlu

I received already my Ratnamson Supreme in black. It took more than two months to arrive...

Oh no! over two months! I will probably explode before it gets here! Oh well, "patience, grasshopper" :rolleyes:

I have already mailed your pen, the usual time is 14 working days, however some parcels do go walkabout....... but all buyers get their pens!

regards

Ashish

Thank you! I did not mean "explode" in a violent sense, mostly in a wimpering to myself kind of way. :embarrassed_smile:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ashishwakhlu

• beginnersmind

• rhr2010

• Brian C

Friends,

the 302 model is now available in flat top version as well, both the open nib and hooded nib versions, steel fine nibs - 37$ including registered shipping. thanks

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20302/Picture12439.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20302/Picture12440.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20302/Picture12441.jpg

Friends,

Some additions to the Ratnamson family of pens from left to right

Green Clipless Supreme Eyedropper, IPG Fine nib 45$

Green Flat top Supreme Eyedropper, IPG fine nib 50$

Brown Special Supreme Large Flat top Eyedropper, IPG fine nib, 55$

Green Special Supreme Large Flat Top Eyedropper, IPG fine nib 55$

All pens can be fitted with Broad nibs IPG nibs(15$ extra)

As before all prices include registered Trackable shipping

discount on two pens 5$ off the total

discount on three pens 7$ off the total.

enjoy, regards

Ashish

Are the Special Supreme even bigger than the regular Supremes?

Friends,

Some additions to the Ratnamson family of pens from left to right

Green Clipless Supreme Eyedropper, IPG Fine nib 45$

Green Flat top Supreme Eyedropper, IPG fine nib 50$

Brown Special Supreme Large Flat top Eyedropper, IPG fine nib, 55$

Green Special Supreme Large Flat Top Eyedropper, IPG fine nib 55$

All pens can be fitted with Broad nibs IPG nibs(15$ extra)

As before all prices include registered Trackable shipping

discount on two pens 5$ off the total

discount on three pens 7$ off the total.

enjoy, regards

Ashish

Are the Special Supreme even bigger than the regular Supremes?

yes

6.5 inches long, 0.8 inches maximum diameter. almost as big as the guider jumbo

regards

I got my flat top supreme a few weeks back and meant to post it here but something else kept me busy. The pen itself is very simple, but nicely made, most noticeable by how well the section fit into the barrel, it's been a few weeks and through about 2 refill of ink and there's no leak at all even without putting on any silicone grease or a rubber o-ring.

However the nib that came to me was flawed. The size of the iridium tip is uneven, therefore it was very scratchy. I took it to a wet stone to grind down the bigger side and now it writes noticeably better (still not as good as the Pelikan m600 but that might just be my grinding skill and lack of fine coarse paper to finish).

Overlooking that flaw, one thing I noticed about the nib is that it is a bit more springy than the Pelikan's 14k gold nib, however similar to other member mentioned here, Noodler's ink does flow heavily in this pen, such that it becomes nearly unusable past half full, I am going to get some J. Herbin to try out soon.

Overall a pleasant experience and a good pen to start to get into eyedropper world.

I got my flat top supreme a few weeks back and meant to post it here but something else kept me busy. The pen itself is very simple, but nicely made, most noticeable by how well the section fit into the barrel, it's been a few weeks and through about 2 refill of ink and there's no leak at all even without putting on any silicone grease or a rubber o-ring.

However the nib that came to me was flawed. The size of the iridium tip is uneven, therefore it was very scratchy. I took it to a wet stone to grind down the bigger side and now it writes noticeably better (still not as good as the Pelikan m600 but that might just be my grinding skill and lack of fine coarse paper to finish).

Overlooking that flaw, one thing I noticed about the nib is that it is a bit more springy than the Pelikan's 14k gold nib, however similar to other member mentioned here, Noodler's ink does flow heavily in this pen, such that it becomes nearly unusable past half full, I am going to get some J. Herbin to try out soon.

Overall a pleasant experience and a good pen to start to get into eyedropper world.

I am thrilled to hear that the nib in this pen has some spring to it! I can't wait to get mine!

• 2 weeks later...

I received my black Ratnam Supreme with medium steel nib a couple of days ago. It took about 10 days to arrive from my initial order (India to London). Here's a mini review:

Inked the pen - it takes alot of ink just under two eyedrop fills - about 4.5 mls but its what I expect from eyedroppers. I have not added any silicon grease in threads - the only time I ever use grease is if I'm doubtful of the pen to retain the ink and the Ratnam supreme seems quite capable.

After filling it with ink, I still soak the feed in the ink bottle to fully wet the pen and then its up and writing away with only one belch of under nib blot. The nib on this pen has a true medium line and actually has some spring to it - its not a stiff one. Very nice smooth write.

The pen capped is the same length as a MB149 and likewise unposted. But when posted the Supreme is about 1cm longer. However even with a full inked Ratnam, the MB149 is still just heavier. (the Ratnam is bulkier though). Its a big size pen but balances well for me.

As with eyedroppers I only now need to see how the nib/feed performs when nearing empty - which might be a while due to the ink capacity. The 149 I was using, will have a break form rotation this week, lets see how the Ratnam goes...

Thanks Ashish for the purchase.

Edited by floydee1

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Supreme for a few weeks now, it's wonderful. I cannot add any new praise to what others have already said. The pen is large, holds quite a bit of ink, and is a pleasure to write with.

It lays a smooth medium line, hasn't skipped once.

Ashish was great to deal with, the few messages we exchanged were responded to in a timely manner.

I look forward to seeing future releases from Ratnam.

Ratnam Supreme Special Flat Topped Eyedropper with no 45 Medium nib (65$ including shipping)

thanks for looking

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20Supreme/Picture12432.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20Supreme/Picture12433.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20Supreme/Picture12435.jpg

regards

• 2 weeks later...

i just wanted to add my two cents of praise for the Ratnamson Supreme. i have had mine now for about a week (at last i got it. Indian customs was determined to teach me patience!) and I am so pleased with it! I was looking for a pen that would be an everyday user with the qualities of a 149 without the delicacy and conspicuous consumption issues of the MB. This pen fits the bill perfectly. I requested the finest nib available and the good people at Ratnamson delivered. The pen sports a very fine Genius nib that has a small bit of flex and writes very precisely. They tailored the feed to the nib beautifully. i was worried about an ebonite feed being all drippy (bad experiences with 5 different Omas pens) but this pen has great controlled flow despite the ton of ink in the reservoir. The pen is a very pleasant weight and girth and a joy to play with. It has a welcoming feel like an old friend and has definitely upset my rotation. The fact that Gandhi used one is a very cool perk. And just a note: Ashish has been absolutely wonderful through the problems that the mail offered. Great communication, and a total gentleman. He made this whole process a pleasure!