Ratnam Ebonites

ashishwakhlu

For Sale from left to right

Pen 1&2 -Ratnam Supreme ebonite eyedropper,two tone fine steel nib, holds 5 ml ink Price 40$

Pen 3,4,5 - the ever popular Ratnam 302 in Gren, Brown and Hooded nib avtaars. perfect fit for most hands. Price 35$

Pen 6 - The Ratnam 21, slimmer hooded nib pen, for smaller hands. Price 30$

All prices include registered worldwide shipping,

If buying two pens discount 5$

If buying 3 discount 7$

If buying more than 3 pens discount 10$ off total price.

PM please, thanks for looking.

Ashish

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20Supreme/Picture011.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Ashish_031/Ratnam%20Supreme/Picture012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ashishwakhlu

• beginnersmind

• rhr2010

• Brian C

Bump,

One 302's remaining in all three types, excellent pen to begin an eyedropper experience.

• 4 weeks later...

New Ratnam Supremes and 302's have arrived for those interested to start an eyedropper experience, very good to use pens.

I just received my Ratnam Supreme in the email. Sometimes it takes 4 weeks, but it comes through.

Looking forward to inking up and from the looks of it and capacity of the pen, staying that way for a few months!

Good stuff, Ashish!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_k2HuEPkFBP8/TThGRwBFFQI/AAAAAAAAAE0/vHzP5ssKm3g/s128/Porkopolis%20Penners.png.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received my Ratnam 302 in brown ebonite. A beautifully made, large pen. Very happy! Thanks Ashish!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Question abou the 302 green or brown.

Do they come with medium or broad nib? Is the nib steel? Who makes the nib? (As a matter of fact I do not know anything about the maker of the pens, either, I am assuming is an Indian manifacturer).

I cannot see from the photos how the clip is attached to the cap. Can you explain or post a photo? What is made of the large yellow cap band? How is attached?

Thanks

" I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- Albert Einstein

Is the nib steel? Who makes the nib? (As a matter of fact I do not know anything about the maker of the pens, either, I am assuming is an Indian manifacturer).

I cannot see from the photos how the clip is attached to the cap. Can you explain or post a photo? What is made of the large yellow cap band? How is attached?

Hi, Ratnam(son) is probably the oldest manufacturer of fountain pens in India. You can read much about this company in this early post from 2007: link

The clip is of the "washer" type and is attached in the usual fashion. The yellow band is a paper label affixed by the maker that indicates the model number, this can be easliy peeled off.

The nibs are generic IPG stanless steel, but since i cannot speak on behalf of the OP, he will be able to answer in much detail.

I hope this helps.

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thak you Hari, It sounds like a good pen.

I will wait for an answer about the nib, especially size .

If yellow band is just paper, does the 302 have 1 metal band, while the Supreme has 2?

" I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- Albert Einstein

I just read of the link posted by Hari that Ratnam manifactures golden nibs. Ratnam, would you be able to get a green Ratnam 302 with broad gold nib for me?

I just read of the link posted by Hari that Ratnam manifactures golden nibs. Ratnam, would you be able to get a green Ratnam 302 with broad gold nib for me?

Hi, to answer your queries in order -

The steel nibs are IPG, all nibs are high quality, no misaligned tines or unequal breather hole problems. the 302 has one metal cap band while the supreme has 2, yes a gold broad nib 302 can be made for you on order, it takes 2 weeks to make the pen.

regards

Ashish

Thank you for your answers. How much would cost a green 302 with gold broad nib shipped to US?

Last question would the nib be flexible?

Last question would the nib be flexible?

Hi, the gold nibs are 14 KT and not flexible, as to the cost I will check and let you know.

regards

Ashish

Ok, please let me know cost of a green 302 with 14kT nib. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my supreme and it is a great comfortable size for me almost the same as the MB 149. The steel nib was not to my liking so I put in a 18K and it is preforming wonderfully. ashishwakhlu handled a difficult situation that arose with shipping the pen to me in a VERY professional and commendable manner. I would order from him again. the only thing I would suggest is better packaging for shipment to the states--the package just barely arrived intact--the pen was perfectly safe but the envelope had seen better days! Maybe a box instead of an envelope. For $40 this is a great deal.

www.stevelightart.com