Pay it Forward 2010

Carrie

A pack of 5 Pilot/Namiki Cartridges (Black) and a Con-50 to the first recipient who correctly answers this question.

According to Bernard Woolley, what is the difference between 'under consideration' and 'under active consideration?'

Please email response to Immoteus@gmail.com (PMs are disabled)

That was certainly quick, Carts and Converter goes to Chthulhu.

Drats!

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. - Mark Twain

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carroll

• Scrawler

• Sailor Kenshin

• twigee89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd21/jimg_2007/pens/DSC_1000-1.jpg

I have a bunch of Esterbrook "J" caps and barrels and levers etc that I am happy to give away. No complete pens I am afraid but I am hoping that someone can use the spares. I will wear the postage from here in Australia to where you are.

Edited by jimg

Wow, pretty! So, which of them are missing which parts? If there is one that is only missing a nib, I would like to try it :)

I have a bunch of Esterbrook "J" caps and barrels and levers etc that I am happy to give away. No complete pens I am afraid but I am hoping that someone can use the spares. I will wear the postage from here in Australia to where you are.

I really like this idea. So how about this? I've picked out 5 colorful but inexpensive pens for a grabbag. Send me your address (U.S. only, I'm afraid) and I'll pop one in the mail to you. One per person, first come, first served.

In the spirit of things, I have three 50 mL bottles of Lamy Black (I'm 99% sure it was just "black" - there's no color noted, but the numbers are: "T52 08931") that I'm willing to ship. Two of them are unopened and have a blotter roll in the bottom, and one is probably 75+% full.

Free to good home (in the US - shipping by whatever's cheapest at the post office), though I'll take a donation for shipping if you're feeling generous!

PM me or my username @ gmail.com

EDIT - They're all spoken for. Mike, Tripp and Jin were quickest on the draw...

Edited by davidjs

I really like this idea. So how about this? I've picked out 5 colorful but inexpensive pens for a grabbag. Send me your address (U.S. only, I'm afraid) and I'll pop one in the mail to you. One per person, first come, first served.

Count me in Rachel. PM for mail addy!

Rachel's pens are gone everyone.

She made a new thread in the forum, and is rather new and might not know to edit her post here or at least put a new post in here about it. That was a nice thing she did so hopefully this can help her not get flooded by requests and lose heart over the experience. ;)

-MJ

Samantha Carter - You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick. Now you're Mr MacUseless. Dear God! I'm stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!

Edward : Say it... Out loud...

Bella : Vampire...

Rifftrax: Close. I'm a Metropire.

I just thought about it. Anyone want a used K&E Barch-Payzant 3224-6 Lettering Pen? It's used, a bit dirty, box isn't perfect but it is there. I think you'll need to clean the gap in the brass 'nib' to use it as the adjustment screw doesn't seem to pull or push it apart, most likely as the ink residue is holding it in place. I got it with a bunch of drafting tools years back. I have no use for it. And I have some other stuff I need to send out at the PO in the next couple days so it seems like a good opportunity. It is a size '0', the only pics I can find online are of a set on eBay... Auction is ended so I don't think I'm violating any rules to post a link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320457791156

I'll pick randomly from those that contact me over the next day or two, (or longer if no one is particularly interested) so it isn't just the person who was sitting here waiting to snag stuff that gets it.

And, sorry, only CONUS unless you have a very good reason and cover int'l shipping.

Take care,

-MJ

Samantha Carter - You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick. Now you're Mr MacUseless. Dear God! I'm stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!

I just thought about it. Anyone want a used K&E Barch-Payzant 3224-6 Lettering Pen? It's used, a bit dirty, box isn't perfect but it is there. I think you'll need to clean the gap in the brass 'nib' to use it as the adjustment screw doesn't seem to pull or push it apart, most likely as the ink residue is holding it in place. I got it with a bunch of drafting tools years back. I have no use for it. And I have some other stuff I need to send out at the PO in the next couple days so it seems like a good opportunity. It is a size '0', the only pics I can find online are of a set on eBay... Auction is ended so I don't think I'm violating any rules to post a link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320457791156

I'll pick randomly from those that contact me over the next day or two, (or longer if no one is particularly interested) so it isn't just the person who was sitting here waiting to snag stuff that gets it.

And, sorry, only CONUS unless you have a very good reason and cover int'l shipping.

Take care,

-MJ

Looks interesting. I've never seen one of those before, are they for calligraphy? Is it a dip pen or is there a reservoir (or something completely different)?

I think they were for making fixed width lines, since the 'nib' comes down as a round I imagine line width would be constant regardless of direction, but I'm not sure. I saw them referenced in music notation. They have (seems to me) an open air reservoir for India ink or other thick inks on the top you probably eye drop a few drops into as you write. If you look at that one I referenced the 00 and 000 are flipped up and you can see that area. The 0 would be the size in the middle.

-MJ

I think they were for making fixed width lines, since the 'nib' comes down as a round I imagine line width would be constant regardless of direction, but I'm not sure. I saw them referenced in music notation. They have (seems to me) an open air reservoir for India ink or other thick inks on the top you probably eye drop a few drops into as you write. If you look at that one I referenced the 00 and 000 are flipped up and you can see that area. The 0 would be the size in the middle.

-MJ

That little port is exactly why I included the idea of something completely different. Seems a little strange, but also intriguing.

*Oops, it looks like I forgot to push "Add Reply". This is an hour or so later than it would have been...

If that lettering pen isn't claimed, I'd love to have it.

I'd really prefer to stick to the US, but like I said if you really need it I'll include you in the consideration but you'll need to cover the int'l shipping costs. I honestly don't think it is worth the cost to do it. That set of 6 didn't even sell at $30, and it'd probably cost $10+ to ship this to you. A flat rate envelope via USPS to Belgium is $13.45 for instance.

For anyone else, I probably won't ship it till after the weekend... I'm expecting a lot of snow so was getting ready for that... So you are still welcome to PM for a shot at it...

-MJ

I have two cross pens to offer.

1) ATX ballpoint gold color. This pen is in really bad aesthetic shape- many scratches, etc. but it works fine.

2) Townsend titanium select-tip. good condition.

Just cover shipping costs and the pen(s) will be yours. ($1.50 for #1 and $2 for #2- $3 for both).

Please PM me.

Edited by emes441

I have two cross pens to offer.

1) ATX ballpoint gold color. This pen is in really bad aesthetic shape- many scratches, etc. but it works fine.

2) Townsend titanium select-tip. good condition.

Just cover shipping costs and the pen(s) will be yours. ($1.50 for #1 and $2 for #2- $3 for both).

Please PM me.

Pens have been claimed. I just have to sort out to whom.

Gone in seconds! Okay, I exaggerated; six minutes.

Okay, here is one for the sumgai in all of you!

Genuine Parker box stuffed full of eleven pretty pens for restoration or parts or to learn how various pens work. There is an interesting Wasp in there, with a nib nicknamed "Gonzo."

http://leizl.com/mbroadster/gonzo.jpg

Gonzo

Free to anywhere that US$4.95 postage carries it. Reimbursement of postage gladly accepted but not required.

First PM gets this valuable box of highly sought-after :rolleyes: pen goodies!

Fred

Jarad claimed them! Congrats!

http://leizl.com/mbroadster/payitforward.jpg

Edited by FredRydr