Pay it Forward 2010

Carrie

I've got two Hero pens to give away:

- a Hero 001-360, Hero's double-nibbed fountain pen that can write in any direction, in light blue

- a Hero 616, one of Hero's Parker 51 clones, in classic black

Both pens are very lightly used, filled once with Waterman black. The 360 turned out to be too slim for my hands, and the 616 taught me that hooded nibs really aren't my kind of thing.

If you want them, they are yours for the cost of shipping (from Germany).

EDIT:

I've just looked up shipping costs. They are

- €0.70 within Germany

- €3.40 to the rest of Europe

- €6.00 to the rest of the world

Sorry about the steep increase for international shipping, but you've got Deutsche Post to blame for that.

Payment can be made via Paypal (please add Paypal fees) or bank transfer (which should be free for most people within the Euro zone).

Another EDIT:

I was just asked about the nibs. As far as I know, these Heros come in only one nib size, which I'd say is about the same as a Pelikan fine. Compared to the wet(-ish) medium nibs I usually use, they feel a bit dry, but not too much.

PM sent

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carroll

• Scrawler

• Sailor Kenshin

• twigee89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<snip>

I have one reserved for Scrawler (missed out the last time), but I will be shippping out a couple more over the next few weeks, so let me know if you are interested with a PM.

Aubrey

Thanks so much Aubrey :thumbup: It has arrived in good condition and will be put to good use. Your writing is spectacularly good. My arthritic old hands cannot make anything as beautiful as that note. Sasha has asked me to find out what that wonderful pink ink is. She loves pink and I thought I was doing something good for her buying The Shah's Rose, to go with her Christmas gift. Having seen the color of your ink I see that I should have continued to look for the perfect pink. :cloud9:

Edited by Scrawler

- a Hero 001-360, Hero's double-nibbed fountain pen that can write in any direction, in light blue

- a Hero 616, one of Hero's Parker 51 clones, in classic black

Both pens are taken.

I several boxes of Osmiroid Ink Cartridges. If anyone wants some carts lmk.

They are blue.

No more Waterman carts sorry.

PM open to anywhere

Edited by hexyr

Email me for an updated list of ink for trade or if you want to exchange letters

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.png

Well, this has been on my to-do list since mid-December, and I'm finally getting to it. I've got a batch of pens available, one per person. Please, let these go to newbies, or members with few pens who want to try something new. There's nothing special here, but they'll provide new toys to some.

Requestors: Please send a PM with your first choice (and 2nd and 3rd choices, if you have them) and your address. I will ship to anywhere in the world, but it will be by first class mail, so it won't be instant gratification. If you would, please include one sentence about why you would like that pen. I'm going to wait till tomorrow to announce recipients, so that everyone will have a chance at these.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/1352282/aview/free.jpg

Left to right:

1) 1990 Holiday Gift. Don't know the maker- it's marked HS. Maroon plastic with gold. Looks like a fine nib. Cartridge filler.

2) Parker 21. I've used this one. It's a nice wet writer. Note: I've already got multiple requests for this one.

3) Hero 329 (I think) hooded nib. Fine line.

4) Hero- silver. Fine to medium nib. (Both Hero pens were purchased from Todd at isellpens.com a couple of years ago)

5) Green Kaigelu 317 fine nib. Piston filler. (also from Todd)

6) Silver plastic Reform. Rubber section. Medium nib. Cartridge filler.

7) Pelikan Junior-new in box. Clear red plastic with yellow rubber section. Medium nib. Cartridge filler.

Kristi

Edited by foxtail1

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

Well, this has been on my to-do list since mid-December, and I'm finally getting to it. I've got a batch of pens available, one per person. Please, let these go to newbies, or members with few pens who want to try something new. There's nothing special here, but they'll provide new toys to some.

Requestors: Please send a PM with your first choice (and 2nd and 3rd choices, if you have them) and your address. I will ship to anywhere in the world, but it will be by first class mail, so it won't be instant gratification. If you would, please include one sentence about why you would like that pen. I'm going to wait till tomorrow to announce recipients, so that everyone will have a chance at these.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/1352282/aview/free.jpg

Left to right:

1) 1990 Holiday Gift. Don't know the maker- it's marked HS. Maroon plastic with gold. Looks like a fine nib. Cartridge filler.

2) Parker 21. I've used this one. It's a nice wet writer.

3) Hero 329 (I think) hooded nib. Fine line.

4) Hero- silver. Fine to medium nib. (Both Hero pens were purchased from Todd at isellpens.com a couple of years ago)

5) Green Kaigelu 317 fine nib. Piston filler. (also from Todd)

6) Silver plastic Reform. Rubber section. Medium nib. Cartridge filler.

7) Pelikan Junior-new in box. Clear red plastic with yellow rubber section. Medium nib. Cartridge filler.

Kristi

Not exactly a newbie, but would like the P21 for a teenage boy at church who has expressed an interest. If Parker gone, then the green Kaigelu would work as well.

Will PM address.

Thanks!

Edited by jaqcp

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

I would be interested in the Hero silver. I'm not quite sure how to PM you. I will try and find out how.

OK I figured it out. PM sent

Edited by ianyer

PM sent on Kailuga or the Pelikano

A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!

What I want:[/color]

Aurora Talentum

Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

I several boxes of Osmiroid Ink Cartridges. If anyone wants some carts lmk.

They are blue.

No more Waterman carts sorry.

PM open to anywhere

PM sent.

The Pen Is Mightier than the sword.

Well, this was rough! :sick: If I do this again, I'm going to give them to someone else to give away.

There were multiple requests for each pen, so obviously not everyone who asked is getting a pen. I'm sorry I can't do more, but this is what I had.

1) 1990 Holiday Gift. Going to Octo

2) Parker 21. Going to sinisterguy

3) Hero 329. Going to fudgeorama

4) Hero- silver. Going to ianyer

5) Green Kaigelu 317. Going to Rlowenote

6) Silver plastic Reform. Going to ItalianM87

7) Pelikan Junior. going to vieuxcarre

I'll try to get them in the mail this week.

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

My applause for what you did and for making decisions in the face of so many choices. May your largesse be returned 100 fold!

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

Well, this was rough! :sick: If I do this again, I'm going to give them to someone else to give away.

There were multiple requests for each pen, so obviously not everyone who asked is getting a pen. I'm sorry I can't do more, but this is what I had.

1) 1990 Holiday Gift. Going to Octo

2) Parker 21. Going to sinisterguy

3) Hero 329. Going to fudgeorama

4) Hero- silver. Going to ianyer

5) Green Kaigelu 317. Going to Rlowenote

6) Silver plastic Reform. Going to ItalianM87

I'll try to get them in the mail this week.

Kristi

Congrats to those who recieved one. Also thanks for the genirosity Kristi

Aurora Talentum

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

Dear Kristi,

Thank you for your generosity! Now I have something to look forward to in the mail. The kindness of members in this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Kind regards,

vieuxcarre

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

------------------------------

Thank you for the pen!! I just got the pen today, do you know which cartridge I need for the silver plastic reform? Once again thank you!

"Velvet" Pen Sleeves -- 3 packs of 5

I bought these sleeves on eBay, listed as "velvet". It was too cheap to be true... they have a velvety exterior but I wouldn't want to store a fountain pen in them, rubbery scratchy stuff inside. Turns out (which I would have learned in five minutes had I bothered to check) that these things are made for giveaway pens, so no one worries if they'll scratch.

So I got a little angry, but no more than $5 angry, which is what they cost me, so they're yours if you want them.

They're about 6 1/8" x 1 1/8"

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4304712759_9b5de4b44f_o.jpg.

In case this doesn't work, you can see it here

PM me? I'd like to give them out as 3 packs of five, unless you're someone who has a good use for all 3 packs.

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

I'll take one

Aurora Talentum

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo