The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pay it Forward 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
730 replies to this topic

#1 Carrie

Carrie

FPN Chief Intelligence Officer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2010 - 14:33

Still the same idea as last year. Got anything you'd like to give away rather than sell? This is the place. Members who have pens or related items they'd like to pass on and give away will have a home here, should they want one. Please remember to state if you're only willing to ship the item within your own country. Members who claim stuff shouldn't feel that they need to have something of their own to pass on immediately, though. Even if it's years later, the magic should still work. 

It all comes back - eventually!

I'll leave the 2009 topic pinned for the first week of the new year in case there's still any unclaimed items available in there.

Edited by Carrie, 02 January 2010 - 21:30.

Sponsored Content

#2 alkman

alkman

Paraclausithyron

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 20:39

Almost full 4.5 oz bottle of Noodler's Polar Blue (only one or two converters worth used); first PM gets it. I purchased it in 07 or 08 but it is flagged Winter 2006 edition if this matters. I am cleaning house and don't care to sell it.

Happy New Year Everyone!

The ink has been claimed, but as I go through the bottles which have not been touched in 2+ years, I will post more.

Edited by alkman, 02 January 2010 - 23:07.

#3 holzmeister

holzmeister

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 21:28

pm sent, this time on a real computer.
Posted Image

#4 lsmith42

lsmith42

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:37

Stay tuned... I'm going to post some notebooks/journals tomorrow... have to see what's there (and stop buying [insert naughty word] notebooks!). :rolleyes:
MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

#5 smoores

smoores

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2010 - 19:12

SAME GIVEAWAY AS BEFORE, BUT I HAVE MORE NOW (SO I WILL USE THE SAME FIRST POST):

"Nothing really exciting this time, but if someone wants this, then enjoy...

My friend's husband works for Best Western and gave me SEVERAL 2010 black spiral bound planners around 5 x 7 or so. It is a two-page weekly layout but also has the whole month view in the front of the book for each month.

I use a PDA phone and don't need it, so if you don't mind that it says Best Western on it, then it is yours. (I figured there was at least one student somewhere who would rather spend their money on pens than a fancy planner for assignments... :) ) Anyway, this is open to anyone who wants it. First PM with address gets it.

CONUS only this time. And I do have more than one... :D

Thanks!"

I have one reserved for Scrawler (missed out the last time), but I will be shippping out a couple more over the next few weeks, so let me know if you are interested with a PM.

Aubrey

Posted Image
Check out my wish list on my profile.

#6 smoores

smoores

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:57

SAME GIVEAWAY AS BEFORE, BUT I HAVE MORE NOW (SO I WILL USE THE SAME FIRST POST):

My friend's husband works for Best Western and gave me SEVERAL 2010 black spiral bound planners around 5 x 7 or so. It is a two-page weekly layout but also has the whole month view in the front of the book for each month.

I use a PDA phone and don't need it, so if you don't mind that it says Best Western on it, then it is yours. (I figured there was at least one student somewhere who would rather spend their money on pens than a fancy planner for assignments... :) ) Anyway, this is open to anyone who wants it. First PM with address gets it.

Thanks!"

I have one reserved for Scrawler (missed out the last time), but I will be shippping out a couple more over the next few weeks, so let me know if you are interested with a PM.

Aubrey

Okay, so one to each of the following: Chthulhu, Bourgeoisie, Scrawler, .... anyone else? :D

Posted Image

#7 Alice L

Alice L

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:11

PM sent

#8 smoores

smoores

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:28

Thanks!"

Aubrey

Okay, so one to each of the following: Chthulhu, Bourgeoisie, Scrawler, .... anyone else? :D

Add to that Alice L and Nikhil...and that is it for this round of Pay It Forwards! Thanks all! The planners will be on their way out this week. Enjoy! :D

Posted Image

#9 foxtail1

foxtail1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,044 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:11

A while back, I bought some ink samples from another FPNer. They are all Noodlers, from the Singapore series, as I recall. My current tastes are not for these highly saturated inks, so I've decided to pass them on to others to play with. There are 4 inks. Please specify which you would prefer, one ink per person. The colors are:

Samsui Red
- to SJM1123
Lotus Grace to Rhapsody
Vanda Miss Joachim - to jojerk
Majestic Orange- taken by Jarad

The Lotus Grace vial is only half full (~1.5 ml) but the others are full.

Kristi

EDIT: All inks are taken.
Edit again: PMs are up, so please send your mailing addresses. K

Edited by foxtail1, 07 January 2010 - 16:37.

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

#10 jgeldner

jgeldner

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:19

A while back, I bought some ink samples from another FPNer. They are all Noodlers, from the Singapore series, as I recall. My current tastes are not for these highly saturated inks, so I've decided to pass them on to others to play with. There are 4 inks. Please specify which you would prefer, one ink per person. The colors are:

Samsui Red
Lotus Grace
Vanda Miss Joachim
Majestic Orange

Kristi

PM sent for Majestic Orange
Thanks!! this is awesome

[EDIT]

it won't let me pm (maybe something to do with the problems the site's been having all day). Anyway, I'd love the Majestic Orange, my email is jgeldner at gmail dot com - please let me know how to contact you.

Thanks!
Jarad

Edited by jgeldner, 07 January 2010 - 04:21.

#11 SJM1123

SJM1123

白旻漆・Hakumin Urushi

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:32

Samsui Red
Lotus Grace
Vanda Miss Joachim

Kristi

EDIT: since PM is down, please respond here and they'll go in order of posting. We can connect later for addresses. K

I'll take the Samsui Red.

I'll PM you my info once forum is back up at full capacity.

Edited by SJM1123, 07 January 2010 - 04:48.

Check out the new Edison/Hakumin Collaboration: The Urushi Mina Project
To see more projects, or to inquire about a custom urushi pen, visit: www.hakuminurushi.com

#12 jojerk

jojerk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:49

Samsui Red
Lotus Grace
Vanda Miss Joachim

Kristi

EDIT: since PM is down, please respond here and they'll go in order of posting. We can connect later for addresses. K

if i could get the Vanda Miss Joachim, that would be great!

#13 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:32

I'd like the Lotus Grace if it's still available and if you are willing to send it to Germany.
If not, that's okay!
Posted Image

#14 buffalowings

buffalowings

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,128 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 14:39

I have the following:
orange crush
purple mojo
arabian rose
note: each one has been used once or twice, purple mojo a bit more
just pay for shipping and you've got a deal

Edited by buffalowings, 10 January 2010 - 14:44.

I'm a little hot potato right meow
"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"
I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

#15 jgeldner

jgeldner

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 14:43

I have the following:
orange crush
purple mojo
arabian rose

just pay for shipping and you've got a deal

Email sent

#16 buffalowings

buffalowings

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,128 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 14:47

please PM me, I forgot what email address my account is linked with
I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

#17 buffalowings

buffalowings

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,128 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 16:29

the three inks have been claimed, thanks

#18 holzmeister

holzmeister

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:54

deleted; missed the last posting

Edited by holzmeister, 11 January 2010 - 04:56.

Posted Image

#19 MJSchuelke

MJSchuelke

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2010 - 15:22

I've got two Hero pens to give away:

- a Hero 001-360, Hero's double-nibbed fountain pen that can write in any direction, in light blue

- a Hero 616, one of Hero's Parker 51 clones, in classic black

Both pens are very lightly used, filled once with Waterman black. The 360 turned out to be too slim for my hands, and the 616 taught me that hooded nibs really aren't my kind of thing.

If you want them, they are yours for the cost of shipping (from Germany).

EDIT:

I've just looked up shipping costs. They are

- €0.70 within Germany
- €3.40 to the rest of Europe
- €6.00 to the rest of the world

Sorry about the steep increase for international shipping, but you've got Deutsche Post to blame for that.

Payment can be made via Paypal (please add Paypal fees) or bank transfer (which should be free for most people within the Euro zone).

Another EDIT:

I was just asked about the nibs. As far as I know, these Heros come in only one nib size, which I'd say is about the same as a Pelikan fine. Compared to the wet(-ish) medium nibs I usually use, they feel a bit dry, but not too much.

Edited by MJSchuelke, 12 January 2010 - 16:08.

#20 Martini25

Martini25

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2010 - 15:29

I've got two Hero pens to give away:

- a Hero 001-360, Hero's double-nibbed fountain pen that can write in any direction, in light blue

- a Hero 616, one of Hero's Parker 51 clones, in classic black

Both pens are very lightly used, filled once with Waterman black. The 360 turned out to be too slim for my hands, and the 616 taught me that hooded nibs really aren't my kind of thing.

If you want them, they are yours for the cost of shipping (from Germany).

PM Sent

Every word written is a victory against death. -Michel Butor

(back after being away for a while) 

Sponsored Content

|