Pay it Forward 2009

Col

1 bottle of Visconti Burgundy ink (this is the 50ml plastic bottle) Only had 1 cartridge full taken from it. (UK Only, sorry)

Claimed

Edited by misterh

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aysedasi

• lsmith42

• Kabe

• Anton Emdin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you can use this nib section for a Leroy Lettering pen, size 00 (extra fine), I'll mail this one to your CONUS address gratis. Comes with two plastic nib wrenches shown in the photo.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/Bearcat989/Pens/Misc_Pen_Parts_FSOT_002.jpg

Please send me a PM to claim it

Have Camera....Will Travel....Wire SigSauerFan AT Hotmail DOT com

Inveterate trader. Send me a note for my list of pens, watches, knives and other fun things for sale or trade....

The Danitrio Fellowship

Keeping with the spirit of the moment.....

I have a brand new still boxed Hero 329, which has what I believe is a fine nib. It includes a converter. As this pen was a gift to me and I'm not likely to use it, I'll be pleased to make a gift of it to someone else - UK only please. First PM gets it.

*****CLAIMED*****
Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Rhodia palm sized grid notebook(7.5cm x 12cm), 2 orange and 1 black available. ConUS only please. The 1st, 3rd and 7th pm gets one. Include your color choice in the pm.

I threw that twist in their to help out those, like me, who work and miss out on these items.

***+++All Claimed+++***

Edited by SOtto

very timely thread...

For UK only I'm afraid...

I have a Duke Carbon Fibre in Forest Green that I've never got along with. It's a fine nib, but is a bit tempramental. If anyone wants to give it a go, it's yours. First PM gets it. --Claimed--

Edited by lightweaver

They cannot look out far.

They cannot look in deep.

But when was that ever a bar

To any watch they keep?

-- Robert Frost --

I have two Pilot 78Gs, one red and one green, which don't see much use any more. Both have fine nibs and include converters. I'd like to find them (ConUS) homes.

Michael

ETA: Both have been claimed.

Edited by dmmcf

Since I can't edit my original post any longer, I've copied it here.

Oh, and I found two more inks, so I've added them to the list below.

Okay, my turn. This is a small way to repay the friendship and information that I've found on FPN (plus enabling that should be illegal!)

I'm offering 3-5 ml samples of each my inks. Since the tubes I have available are not pen-friendly, I'll include a plastic pipettor for transferring ink to cartridges or a more friendly container. One sample of each of my inks is available, one per person. First PM gets the color, and I'll try to update availability quickly. Perhaps give a second choice in your message, in case your first choice is gone. And, yes, I know, I have far too many inks, but I do love colors. cloud9.gif (Note the lack of blacks and other ...serious colors.)

So, up for grabs are:

Noodlers

Habanero going to pmorin

Legal Lapis going to ntheo

Golden Brown

Firefly

Dragon's Napalm going to brl

Borealis Black going to xmattxyzx

Year of the Golden Pig

Swisher

Maroon going to asmith

Private Reserve

2003 DC Supershow Blue going to Bearcat

Plum

Burgundy Mist going to scutterdav

Purple Mojo

Orange Crush going to inBOIL

Sherwood Green going to Grwilliams86

Lake Placid Blue going to Zoe

Tanzanite

Levengers

Fireball

Cardinal Red

Gemstone Green

Cocoa

Pinkly

Amethyst going to Eskie

J. Herbin

Blueu Pervenche (Periwinkle Blue) going to Gran

Poussiere de Lune (Moon Dust) going to Lloyd

Jaune Bouton D'Or (Buttercup Yellow)

Rotring

Turquoise

Conway Stewart

Brown going to 698686

Pelikan

Violet going to penspouse

Brilliant Green going to jcp1st

Brilliant Red

Mont Blanc

Green going to J0rdan

Pilot Iroshizuku

Yama Budo (Wild Grapes)- ordered, so may be slight delay. going to kookychick

US or Canada only.

I thought I should mention why I've tried to Pay it Forward, both in this thread and previously. Not long after I joined FPN, I posted a WTB for a Reform Demo, a pen that I had owned previously. A member sent one to me, at no cost...and included a Recife Crystal Eyedropper. He just wrote that he thought that I'd like it, and I did! I've tried to pay it forward since then.

Kristi

Edited by foxtail1

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

To those of you who are in need or new to FPN, I'm offering up the following three modest fountain pens:

GONE! * A Jinhao 450 (gray-marbled) with a broad nib. Writes well for about a page, then goes dry.

GONE! * A Reform 1745 with nib smoothed by Lexaf; fine nib. Nice sturdy little piston filler.

GONE! * A blue Esterbrook SJ with NOS 2556 (firm fine) and a new sac installed. I love this little pen!

GONE! For the adventurous: a bottle of Noodler's Bay State Blue (90% full).

These were among my first pens. I've been meaning to do a give away for awhile, so am glad to have been nudged by this "Pay It Forward" idea.

Please PM me and do not respond to the thread here.

Cheers,

Julie

Edited by jde

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

A thought/suggestion: so this one pinned topic doesn't get too long and hard to find things in it, why not let people start a post in which they are offering items for free, listed as PIF posts? Another hobby board I frequent does this and it works amazingly well...

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

Free to a good home, a Pilot 78G with a broad nib. I think that the colour is officially called teal, but it looks more like green to me. Anyway, it is in good condition and comes with a squeeze converter.

Happy to ship it anywhere.

Please PM me, rather than post here. First PM gets the pen.

Thanks.

Claimed

Edited by misterh

A thought/suggestion: so this one pinned topic doesn't get too long and hard to find things in it, why not let people start a post in which they are offering items for free, listed as PIF posts? Another hobby board I frequent does this and it works amazingly well...

Tim

I agree with this- I rarely look at Pinned topics.

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

Tim, the existence of this pinned topic doesn't prevent you from doing that. Items offered for free have always been allowed in the For Sale forum, and you can word the title however you like. It's not compulsory to post them here!

Some members liked the idea of a pinned topic, that's all. I'm just seeing how it pans out. I may resort to doing some tidying up at some point, but in the meantime, people can always see the state of play from the 'View New Posts' feature.

However people choose to do it, it's the spirit of the thing that counts.

Col

I can't see any reason why you can't limit the pinned PIF thread to, say, 50 or 100 posts (or thereabouts). When you get there, close it, unpin it and start PIF#2, then #3 etc. I like the idea of one pinned thread personally, but the standard of moderation here is very good (well done Col ;)), so something like this ought to be possible, no?

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

the standard of moderation here is very good (well done Col ;)),

Blimey - a compliment! Can I have it framed? :D That's made my day.

so something like this ought to be possible, no?

Possibly...

Col

Tim

Okay, I'm dense, what's a "PIF post?"

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Tim

Okay, I'm dense, what's a "PIF post?"

PIF = Pay It Forward

«This statement wouldn't be funny if not for irony.»

-Randall Munroe