Kaweco Sport Converter

matt0sta

Hey there! Does anyone know of a converter that will fit a kaweco sport? I am aware that they are prime for the ED mod, but I feel like a converter in more of a solid system.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• impossiblebird

• ChampagneKnight

• matt0sta

• Chettiar

Any international brand will fit, like Waterman, Pelikan or Mont Blanc. Don't by a Pilot, Parker, Aurora, Platinum or a Sailor because they will not fit.

A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!

What I want:[/color]

Aurora Talentum

Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

Any international brand will fit, like Waterman, Pelikan or Mont Blanc. Don't by a Pilot, Parker, Aurora, Platinum or a Sailor because they will not fit.

International cartridges fit, but I've not found an international converter that will work, due to the very short length of the body of the pen.

If anyone does know of an international converter that will definitely fit this pen, I'd love to hear of it - I've tried a few and they're all too long to screw the pen closed.

However, an eyedropper...

:hmm1:

Hmmm... I hadn't realized you could make an ED our of this pen. I didn't think there were enough threads, but I may have to try that.

Try a mini converter. There was a review on 2 types and it should be in Writing Instruments somewhere.

A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!

What I want:[/color]

Aurora Talentum

Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

Hey there! Does anyone know of a converter that will fit a kaweco sport? I am aware that they are prime for the ED mod, but I feel like a converter in more of a solid system.

As someone else has pointed out, Swisher Pens sells a small converter for them. Also, some folks pull the metal weight out of the end of the barrel on Kaweco Sports to make more room for a converter. I haven't tried that myself, I just refill cartridges for mine.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Short international converter from Swisher Pens here.

Short international converter on eBay here.

Small aerometric squeeze converter on eBay here.

They will all work with the Kaweco Sport.

• 1 year later...

Thanks!! I was looking for a converter for this pen too. I just bought a Kaweco fp in the new carbon fiber and I am excited about it. I tried my friend's out and it is really nice. I wil get a Mont Blanc converter to see if that fits. Thanks a lot! :).

Okay... I just visited their website.. if you could please let me know if it works and which exact model you got I would greatly appreciate it.. :). Thanks in advance. ..

I got my converter from Swisher Pens - But haven't tired it yet.

I just bought the Kaweko converter from Swisher - I think the brand is Monteverde, called the Monteverde mini or something - and it works. Have it loaded up with Navajo Turquoise at the moment.

As a note, the little gold squeeze convertors for international cartridges do not work with the modern Kaweco Sport. I know because I have some of both. They don't fit properly.

Actually those "bantam" convertors are generally useless, though they are fun. Even in pens where they do fit, like the Pilot Pluminix, they're effectively impossible to fill - at best you can get a few drops in.

I believe one of the ones used for the kawecos is the Monteverde mini. was looking into one when I was looking at the kawecos... still tempted by them but I'm saving for others.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg Member since Sept 7, 2010

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado

Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood

Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

• 8 months later...

Guys,

Again resurrecting this thread after a long time. Again another Kaweco Classic Sport this time and before converting them to EDs, would like to see if any of the short converters work for this one. Anyone using this with a converter now?

Advance Thanks,

Edited by Chettiar

Chettier, there are several threads on mini converters for the Kaweco. They can be summed up as

The Monteverde mini converter is small, may need to be modified to fit, sometimes it leaks

The Templar ink mini converter, See above.

Now, you may order one, it may fit perfectly and not leak. You may find that the small converter makes it easier to change inks.

Templar Ink carries those mini converters that should fit the Kaweco Sport. Doesn't hold much ink, but it would be a practical option if you don't want to use cartridges and you aren't inclined to do the eyedropper conversion on your plastic-bodied Sport.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

I got a Kaweco Sport as a gift, but don't want to deal with cartridges...

If the Monteverdi may generally leak, with my luck it will leak.

I'm such a klutz I'll probably stab myself with the syringe while trying to refill the cartridge - then I'll spill it all over myself.

Kaweco should really sell an official converter and be done with it.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• 2 weeks later...

Kaweco should really sell an official converter and be done with it.

I'm with you on that.

I bought the short squeezebar converter, with the universal fitting, but the metal sheath won't go into the back of the Sport section; it's just a fraccy too bulky (It works in the Waterman Ici et Là, though, so all was not lost). I was put off the Monteverde by reports of it leaking. But I do have a converter that works, and it's in my pocket in a transparent Ice Sport, with no issues so far. It's the converter for the Regal "Anne" mini fountain pen, and it's a push piston, as opposed to a twist piston; unfortunately I have to report that I don't see any for sale anywhere just now.

I have the Kaweco Al Sport also, but have to report that the same converter doesn't fit! It seems the feed nipple is a wee bit smaller in diameter than that on the plastic Sport. This eplains why I can only get a couple of fills out of a cartridge before it's too loose to be used in the Al Sport.

So, in fact, Kaweco need to think about making TWO more converters.