The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Lamy Dialog 3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PenWorks

PenWorks

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 16:31

New Lamy Dialog 3
Ciao, Tony at Penchetta Pen & Knife

Penchetta - Fine writing Instruments

Sponsored Content

#2 born t

born t

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 16:55

Thanks a lot for this. I am thinking of getting one and I feel convinced by your review!
Born

Posted Image

#3 mikerph

mikerph

MikeRph

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 23:34

I just got my Dialog 3 today. I put in the enclosed blue Lamy cartridge and gave it a try. It's a little larger
than a Pilot VP, but is not awkward. Mine had a fine point--its the same 14K point on some of the Studio ftn pens.
It is a wet writer and the "fine" point writes like a medium. I haven't had time to delve into the finer points of its construction--I wonder how one can wash out old ink or clean it out if changing colors? Does the point assembly come out ala Pilot VP? So far-so good; I like it quite a bit!
Secundum Artem

#4 PenWorks

PenWorks

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 23:51

Does the point assembly come out ala Pilot VP?

Yes, when you unscrew the top half of the body off, you can unscrew and pull the converter out or grab the knurled metal part and unscrew that off. That contains the nib, feed & extension, simular to the VP, only this is threaded.
Ciao, Tony at Penchetta Pen & Knife

Penchetta - Fine writing Instruments

#5 BBailey

BBailey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:32

New Lamy Dialog 3

Nice little review, thanks. The photos are more realistic, of course, than the promos and give a better sense of what the pen is actually like in comparison to other pens.

Appreciate your post.

Bruce Posted Image

"God's not interested in operating a brownie-point system - he's only interested in loving and forgiving those who are brave enough not to deny what they've done. . . brave enough to be truly sorry, brave enough to resolve to make a fresh start in serving him as well as they possibly can" Susan Howatch

#6 oberon

oberon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:32

Nice review, thank you for the photos. Would also be nice to see photos in the hand for a true human scale.
Oberon

#7 Felix1

Felix1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:39

Review missed a fairly important parameter...the weight.

I picked one up at the last show and it's a substantial 45˝ grams. I don't mind big and heavy pens but that might be over the top for some.
I always get a kick out of these "no affiliation" notations when it's blatantly obvious the poster has absolutely nothing to do with the brand, company, etc. beyond being a customer. It must be a feel-good/feel-important thing. So I'll note up front that nothing I write here on this forum is influenced by any financial-gain motivation.

#8 Logan2010

Logan2010

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:18

The size on these is great!!! It's similar to a Pelikan 800, just some more heft, and of course retractable! :) I like that the nib on the Dialog 3 is bigger than the VP nib. Makes for a nicer writing experience in my opinion. These are also really hard to get because of the low quantities that are trickling in from Germany, so the rare factor thus far is keeping these mysterious. This pen is more than worth the 80+ dollars you will pay for it over the VP. VP's are great and really convenient, but this is a totally different pen.

Edited by Logan2010, 30 June 2010 - 07:20.

#9 Ghost Writer

Ghost Writer

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:02

:clap1: Excellent review and very nice format/presentation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Sponsored Content

|