• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leicamaster

• lapis

• pilgrim

• stephanos

Im going to Berlin in 2 days and wanted to know if there were any good fountain pen stores there.

PS: If anybody knows also of an Art store in the berlin area please tell me

Thanks

Here you go (courtesy of Glenn Marcus' Glenn's Pens):

Berlin, Germany

Papeterie Heinrick Kuennemann Nachfahren; Uhlandstrasse 28; D-10719 Berlin; Tel: +49 30 881-6363; Fax: +49 30+881+3976.

Fueller und mehr Ulrich & Carola Kruener; Jenaer Strasse 15; D-10717 Berlin. Tel: +49 30 853-3644.

Zeichen Center; Triftstrasse 39; Berlin; Tel: +49 30 453-6060, Fax: +49 30 453-1522.

The last one, "Zeichen Center" ("Drawing/Drafting Center") suggests they may carry art supplies as well.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

B.

Edited by beluga

Im going to Berlin in 2 days and wanted to know if there were any good fountain pen stores there.

PS: If anybody knows also of an Art store in the berlin area please tell me

Thanks

Here you go (courtesy of Glenn Marcus' Glenn's Pens):

Berlin, Germany

Papeterie Heinrick Kuennemann Nachfahren; Uhlandstrasse 28; D-10719 Berlin; Tel: +49 30 881-6363; Fax: +49 30+881+3976.

Fueller und mehr Ulrich & Carola Kruener; Jenaer Strasse 15; D-10717 Berlin. Tel: +49 30 853-3644.

Zeichen Center; Triftstrasse 39; Berlin; Tel: +49 30 453-6060, Fax: +49 30 453-1522.

The last one, "Zeichen Center" ("Drawing/Drafting Center") suggests they may carry art supplies as well.

Thanks for the help! I went to one in Zurich which I go to every year but its not worth buying much there because everything is really expensive. Then the department store here in Zurich has decreased their stationary section and now they only sell mont blanc and caran d`ache

B.

Art History and Philosophy student. Photographer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leicamaster

Thanks for the help! I went to one in Zurich which I go to every year but its not worth buying much there because everything is really expensive. Then the department store here in Zurich has decreased their stationary section and now they only sell mont blanc and caran d`ache

Art History and Philosophy student. Photographer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leicamaster

Note that the Zeichen Center

http://www.zc77.de/c...enu=ebene1.html

has 20% lower prices than most other stores. Also batch prices for many inks.

It is not only a great store for pens and inks but also for everything else concerned with art work.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Note that the Zeichen Center

http://www.zc77.de/c...enu=ebene1.html

has 20% lower prices than most other stores. Also batch prices for many inks.

It is not only a great store for pens and inks but also for everything else concerned with art work.

Mike

So you would say that is the best store? This is my 3rd time in berlin and the only store that sells pens ive been to has been KaDeWe. Ill definitely be going to that store.

I avoid KaDeWe for the simple reason that they sell absolutely only at the highst (imaginable) retailer's list price. Also most of thei different brands (like in all other articles) are lead there by a franchising system, so that If you ask the Parker guy about anything Pelikans, he usually can't help you. The don't have all brands, but just the basics. But they did have some nice MB ink lik tuquiose, racing green and violet.

The store in the Triftstasse is "my store" (I just don't work there).

See their site to see how to get there using the tube (U-Bahn) underground.

Ask for Herrn Storm and tell him I sent you wink.gif.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

• 6 years later...

Reviving an old thread to add my appreciation of Zeichen Center Ebeling, in Berlin. For a B&M store, they are very well stocked, and have reasonable prices.

Just in case you want to try/buy Pelikan 4001, Germany is the place to do so. The 4001 is pretty much the cheapest bottled ink you can get in Germany.

Support your local post office - write letters!

I would say the cheapest is Rohrer & Klingner, which you can buy in some art supply stores for less 4,00 Euros / 50ml.

Boesner (Marienburger Straße 16, 10405 Berlin) is a great resource for paper and carrys also ink from Herbin and Rohrer & Klingner.

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to add that anyone in Berlin should go and check out the more recently opened Moranga,

on Winterfeldstrasse 46, 10781 Berlin. It's near U Nollendorfplatz and not so far from U Wittenbergplatz. I was pleasantly surprised to find it by accident whilst walking by and just assumed it was another of the newer breed of trendy stationery shops... which may have some cute products but has hardly any knowledge or breadth of stock. I was happily WRONG...

The owner is an enthusiastic user and lover of fountain pens. Unlike almost every pen shop in Germany, she has made her own ink swatches of a pretty impressive array of inks including Diamine, Caran d'Ache, Sailor, Herbin etc. There is also of course a wide array of European and Korean stationery to peruse, including from unusual Portuguese and Belgian companies I've not seen anywhere else.

Oh they also have Sailor pens and Pilot Capless as well as Kaweco, and are more than happy for you to try them out. Not affiliated but will be going back to check out some Diamine and Sailor inks I've had my eye on.

Moranga

Winterfeldstr. 46

10781 Berlin

info@moranga.de

Mon-Fri 11-19h

Sa 11-16h

It's really worth a look if you are in Berlin.

• 8 months later...

I'll second all of the above. I discovered Moranga only recently, but it's near where I live and now I'm in there often.

There's a modest but tempting selection of fine writing instruments. Moranga is one of only two places in Berlin where you can buy Sailor pens, and they have Pelikans, TWSBIs, Kawecos, Caran d'Ache etc. I hardly dare look in the glass case, to be honest, in case I find my hand lurching for my wallet.

The paper and notebook selection is good, including Leuchtturm, Midori, Fabriano, Miquelrius. I haven't explored it all yet. They also stock printed cards, blank cards and envelopes, wrapping paper, pencils (Koh-i-Nor, Blackwing) and sharpeners, and assorted tasteful desktop knick-knacks including beautiful marbled acrylic pen trays from Taiwan that I'm only just resisting right now.

But ink, one suspects, is the friendly Portuguese owner's greatest passion. A big selection of Diamine, Sailor, Pilot, Caran d'Ache, Rohrer & Klinger, Herbin and probably others I've forgotten (no KWZ, alas) is reflected in an extensive series of swatches that she clearly had fun putting together and has indexed according to colour. The other day I had about 50 of them from the "dark blue" and "mid blue" ranges spread out on the counter as I looked for the right shade to ink a new pen.

It's a lovely shop. Anyone from this forum would find something there to pique their interest.

Visitors to Berlin should know that there are a lot of nice cafés and restaurants in the vicinity, as well as a great market on nearby Winterfeldtplatz every Wednesday and Saturday. A plaque marks the spot around the corner at Nollendorfstraße 17 where Christopher Isherwood lived in the years he wrote about as "Goodbye to Berlin".

https://www.moranga.de/

https://www.visitberlin.de/de/wochenmarkt-winterfeldtplatz

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

So this started because someone was going to berlin several years ago. I'll be there in a few weeks and these recent posts are helpful and will likely get me into trouble.