I had to settle for this

OldGriz

Dennis recently got a nice Parker Flighter set for only $50.00...

Being the nice guy that I am I offered him double for the set...

Now considering that I always wanted a 51 Flighter, but had no use for the pencil, I thought that was a pretty good deal (by my standards)... BUT NO.. my pal and buddy refused...

SOOOO, I had to go back to the "bay" and start looking for one..

Well I could not find one... not one decent looking flighter anywhere in my price range (that means CHEAP)....

So I had to settle for this....

A Parker 51 Signet.... I mean it ain't a Flighter, but I guess it will have to do and price was less than I offered Dennis for his Flighter set... only $82 with shipping.

The seller is someone I have bought a few pens from before and has always understated the quality... so I am hoping she did the same on this one.

http://images.andale.com/f2/124/114/16703871/1153525520188_a776.JPG

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGriz

• JimStrutton

• DWL

• rosey

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice pen Griz! :drool:

Does this mean you're a true blue Parker 51 fan now?

"'I will not say, "do not weep", for not all tears are an evil."

I have always contended that the Parker 51 is a great pen... but I also love my Sheaffers...

Since I have just about all the Sheaffers I want and need at the moment, I have also turned my search to nice 51s...

My heart bleeds for you Griz and man with no "51" Flighter has to make do with what looks like a very good Signet.

Can't stay at the keyboard anymore, tears flood my eyes and I can no longer see, also I am laughing so bad I can't stay on my seat. :ltcapd: :roflmho: :ltcapd: :roflmho:

J

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

I had my eye on that one earlier. I even posted a question about it. Asking if a lined GF cap & a smoth barrel were a mismatch, but forgot about it until after the auction had closed. Regardless thats a sweet buy bud. I'm just glad that since i misswed it one of my pals got to bring it home. Congrats.

Dennis

Ok Jim your turn for the good score. It's garage sale Parker Aztec for $10.00 time. I know you won't let us down...lol.

Congratulations, Tom. I put a sniper bid in on it, but at a low amount. I was obviously inspired by your ebay successes. I'm glad you got it.

Ron

Ron

Favorite Pens: Parker "51"Lamy 2000; Bexley America the Beautiful; Pilot Custom 823, 912 and 74; Sheaffer Early Touchdown; Parker Vacumatic; Sheaffer Legacy

Looks like you're getting hooked Tom.

I have its twin brother (as a set) and it is one of my favourite users. I was rather lucky in that the previous owner had it engraved - "RM".

I don't have my pens engraved but it was a nice twist :D

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Looks like you're getting hooked Tom.

I have its twin brother (as a set) and it is one of my favourite users. I was rather lucky in that the previous owner had it engraved - "RM".

I don't have my pens engraved but it was a nice twist :D

Yes, I have to admit to looking at a lot more 51s than Sheaffers as of late...

Of course I have the Sheaffers that I want to keep... in fact I am bringing about 30 to DC for sale.... am only keeping the cream of the crop...

Of course, I now have some Parkers that will be going also, since I am picking up some better pens...