• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Carmell

• gteague

• orangeaurora

• mickthepope

i was the one who got #75 and i was contemplating getting another one just last night and didn't see any out of stock or unavailable notices while browsing their site. i decided that since they seem to have sold out so quickly they might arrange for another batch, so i'm cooling my heels. in any case, i have the blue and the clear ones for backup and all three have the italic nib.

/guy

Magic is an individual action, undertaken because the cosmos is not believed to be benevolent by nature. ~Maya Deren (The Living Gods of Haiti, London, 1953)

Magic is a craft. when we do magic, we do not wish and we do not pray. We rely upon our will and our knowledge and our skill.~Lev Grossman (The Magicians)

oh why must you all make me so jealous. I wanted one of these so badly :gaah:

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

• 4 weeks later...

I liked my green swirl Passaporto so well -- the Fine nib is very smooth -- that I gave in and got a black one and a transparent one recently. The black one came this week, and the Medium nib with Noodler's Borealis Black flows like butter. Just wonderful. I'm still waiting on the transparent one, which will have the Medium Italic nib, as Swisher's was out of stock and had to backorder it.

Love these little pens!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I want to buy the passaporto soon but I'm worried , are there any problems like once the ink is half gone does the ink blob out of the pen due to the air in the barrel? Please let me know asap thanks in advance

David

"Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into the enemy's strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit."

the problem is getting it as low as halfway. i filled mine up nearly a month and a half ago and have written with it at every opportunity (although i don't write pages at a time) and i have only used about 1/3rd of the initial ink supply. it holds a lot of ink. but i'll report back when i've got down below halfway. this continues to be one of my favorite pens and it invariably draws comments when i pull it out of my pocket. many people have never used a fountain pen and have no idea what an eyedropper is.

/guy

Magic is an individual action, undertaken because the cosmos is not believed to be benevolent by nature. ~Maya Deren (The Living Gods of Haiti, London, 1953)

Magic is a craft. when we do magic, we do not wish and we do not pray. We rely upon our will and our knowledge and our skill.~Lev Grossman (The Magicians)

My Passaporto with the italic nib is down to about 1/4 full and I've had not blobs yet. I would be surprised if I don't get some blobs before it empties, though. I don't think modern feeds have fully solved the problem you mention!

On a different point, I am not sure that my second Passaporto will be a good pen to carry in my pants pocket. I had hoped to use my Fine nibbed (Ground to a XXF) Blue version as a pocket carry pen. But when I did this a few times with my other one, the pen got joggled about enough that was a fair bit of leakage into the cap and hence onto the threads--and then my hands. I guess I will have to admit that FPs just aren't generally suitable for pants pocket carrying!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to hear about the failure of the pants pocket carry, dan. luckily, mine fits in my shirt pocket budged up against my shirt-pocket wallet which holds it verticle.

btw, i saw at fph they now have a copper colored one they claim is limited to 75 pieces if you missed the green swirlie one and wanted a limited edition model. better hurry, the greenies went fast!

/guy

Edited by gteague

And the green ones are sold out!

(No, I didn't buy one. Might consider one if it came with a Ti nib.)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I got the email from Fountain Pen Hospital and looked at the copper colored one. It's a very nice color but I'm surprised that they didn't match the trim, making it gold-plated. However, the silver trim works--and I prefer silver trim. Just saying--and it confirms my thought that they are just cutting some rod stock for these special editions and using using stock parts. It's a nice way to do a very inexpensive LE--and it's nice that the total number of pens is so low.

Special of FPH and Italian pens, I see they have photos up of the Delta DV Oro. I know folks here were excited about this pen, but I have to say--it hurt my eyes! Way too bright!

It would be neat, though, to see another LE with a gold (or titanium, ad Deidre says) nib.

Dan

Special of FPH and Italian pens, I see they have photos up of the Delta DV Oro. I know folks here were excited about this pen, but I have to say--it hurt my eyes! Way too bright!

It's less obnoxious in person. I was kind of disappointed, but it grew on me.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I just took delivery of the new caramel color LE version (#36 of 75) from FPH today.

It is much smaller than I would have thought. I used the supplied cartridge to see how it worked, and it took forever to get it primed, so much so that I thought I might have to send it back.

Finally, I ran some cool water over the nib until I saw it flow completely, and it is now writing nicely. I left it alone for a couple of hours and it was a little hard to start, but now that I have come back to it, it seems to be working perfectly.

I got the medium italic. Is this the .9 or the 1.1? I heard that Stipula is discontinuing the .9, and that is the first Etruria I had planned to buy.

Off topic...sorry.

This is a neat little pen.

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

Could you maybe post a writing sample of the medium italic? I think its the 0.9 as said so in one of the topics here about the passaporto.

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Folks,

I'm new... well, maybe ancient, but new to fountain pen obsession, so I'm sure to ask some really dumb questions. (Once I find the really dumb questions section)

I just got one of these lil babies (PN4A CKJX), and I'm in love with it (once I figured out how to fill it).

I'm a big left-handed guy with large hands, but it fits fine, and I really like the nib. With its light weight, it feels totally different from the old Montblanc I have but almost never use. And it's so much fun!

It's going with me on a cruise next week. First stop is Venice. Is there a pen I should really try to get while I'm there? (I'm not made of money, but I might pay as much as 500 US for something special.)

Best,

Mike

from New York, New York. The town so nice, they named it twice!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

-Oscar Wilde

Hey Folks,

I'm new... well, maybe ancient, but new to fountain pen obsession, so I'm sure to ask some really dumb questions. (Once I find the really dumb questions section)

I just got one of these lil babies (PN4A CKJX), and I'm in love with it (once I figured out how to fill it).

I'm a big left-handed guy with large hands, but it fits fine, and I really like the nib. With its light weight, it feels totally different from the old Montblanc I have but almost never use. And it's so much fun!

It's going with me on a cruise next week. First stop is Venice. Is there a pen I should really try to get while I'm there? (I'm not made of money, but I might pay as much as 500 US for something special.)

Best,

Mike

from New York, New York. The town so nice, they named it twice!

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the board, and the addiction to all pens Italian :D.

I can't help you with a the name or address of a pen shop in Venice, but I'd suggest you start a separate topic on this subject in this forum. People will likely pick up on that faster than in this thread.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked one up at Art Brown International Pens, NYC.

They are having a pen fair which ends today.I spoke with

the Stipula rep, gave it a test ride (1.1 CI) and before

I knew it, it was on its way home with me. I really like

the 1.1 nib, smooth and on the wet side. Great little pen!

I guess I will have to admit that FPs just aren't generally suitable for pants pocket carrying!

Try some type of case, like a soft, open leather sleeve. It introduces a bit of futzing around when you take it out to use the pen, but it keeps the pen safe from scratches and unscrewed caps.

JN