• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PJohnP

• blopplop

• bluemagister

• RitaCarbon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonderful review John. Thank you. I can wait until Christmas to open the gift I bought for myself. :)

Heh. Well, I didn't wait. What's the old saying ?

Ah, yes. :eureka:

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:
I can resist anything but temptation...
:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

John P.

Edited by PJohnP

I like the packaging box for it. The blue is like a royal blue and really pretty. I think the kanji are selected to be as impressive to the natives as the kanji are to Westerners.

I keep hoping Jetpens gets this.

(still waiting for the Black I am getting with the Sapporo I just won in a contest . . . still not here).

ETA: my Sapporo just arrived.

I am in love.

Edited by AlejoPlay

I keep hoping Jetpens gets this.

Well, there was a lag of about four months-plus after the Kiwaguro came on the market before it was very widely distributed in North America. It should come over the Pacific waters soon...

John P.

I must get this ink. I'm already a fan of the kiwaguro black and Sailor Jentle Blue inks. However I will need to wait until it's available more locally (UK)...

If I still lived in the UK (Loughborough), I'd offer you a fill ! Sadly, I left my local behind years back, and also the opportunities to share inks... Ah, well.

John P.

Thanks for the thought, though! :)

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib

Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine from Taizo too and though it might be misnamed, what it was could not be clearer. I guessed it was a pigment ink like the kawa-guro, that is nano-particles.

The styling of the box made the connection obvious too, I certainly didn't imagine they had developed blue carbon.

I too love the ink, both blue-black and black.

One think I would add. I have always disliked blue-black ink, since Quink Blue-black was 'school' ink. We had a huge bottle in every classroom, and I always thought it was so drab and dreary. This Sailor ink is dark but it is still vivid, not at all school-ish. It does shade well

The same thing is true of tsuki-yo in the iroshizuku range from Pilot.

I got mine from Taizo too and though it might be misnamed, what it was could not be clearer. I guessed it was a pigment ink like the kawa-guro, that is nano-particles...I certainly didn't imagine they had developed blue carbon.

Based on several weeks of use with Sei Boku blue-black, I'd hypothesise that the blue is a pigment, but the essential nature of the "permanence" of the ink is still the nano-carbon black particles. One can see this very much when flushing and cleaning a pen in how the colour shifts with dilution.

I've been testing Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher recently with some excellent results, and as such, I'm a bit torn between the two inks, but I still give the edge to the Sei boku blue-black on shading. Thinking on it, I think they'll be complements to one another, not competitors, as they're distinctly different inks.

John P.

Thanks for sharing, nice colour.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great review of another great ink!

I really like the properties of the nano Black Kiwa-Guro, one of the best permanent blacks I've yet to try.

Seeing they've also made a deep, dark Blue in the nano-method is both intriguing and scary, scary since I'll probably like it should I try and want some.

I'd have to say, I think everyone should have one good permanent black and one good blue of same, looks like we have both now available from Sailor but dang it's pricey.

From my own use of the Kiwa-Guro black I can attest that I've never had any problems with feathering or bleed-through and not even pure chlorine bleach washes it from the page once dry.

Good stuff!

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

Nice ink, NICER handwriting. Thanks for the review. I love shading inks.

On the box, I can just almost read the furigana that might say 'boku.'

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

+ one for the Sailor Nano Blue Black....it is not my favorte colour but I need a differant water proof color other than the Nano Sailor Black.

One other note...the Nano Black (I have found) does not show through on almost all papers and pen nibs combinations that I have tried. The Nano Blue-Black on the other hand does "show through" on about 10% of those papers....so it does not completely mirror the Nano Black in this respect as well as what you pointed out.

It is a great ink for office work as an alternatived to Nano Black....as notes on black typing does stand out better with blue-black compared to black.

Thanks for the review.

A Fine Pen, a fine watch and new shoes to "boot"...ahhhh

• 2 months later...

JetPens now carries this ink in cartridges AND bottles!

GOOD HUNTING!

I was surprised to see the higher price compared to the Kiwaguro.

Inked:

Pelikan m205 black 0.9ci/F Italifine (Diamine Damson);

Aurora 88 nikargenta (Iroshizuku Kon-Peki);

Pelikan 140 Steno (J Herbin Lie de Thé)

I just got my cartridges and a blue barrel High Ace Neo FP (by Sailor) from JetPens today...WOW. THIS IS A PERFECT COMBO! The F-4 nib lays down a good 0.5mm line and the Sailor Seiboku is a flawless, smooth and SHADED ink. This is my Holy Grail ink and I think that the Neo and Nano Ink are a match made in Heaven!

I'm just floored...I have to go write some more with it!

...WOW. THIS IS A PERFECT COMBO! The F-4 nib lays down a good 0.5mm line and the Sailor Seiboku is a flawless, smooth and SHADED ink. This is my Holy Grail ink and I think that the Neo and Nano Ink are a match made in Heaven!

Yup. I'd gone away from this ink for a bit, using Iroshizuku Asa-gao and Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, but I recently filled my Cobalt Glow Balance II with Sei boku, and I've just been bowled over with just how nice and smooth an ink it is with a cursive italic nib.

John P.

Thank you for making such a nice review of a not so well known ink that is really attractive for properties, color and shading. Bluemagister, thanks for the tip on Jetpens as well. $30 dollars per bottle, it has making me think twice before ordering. Theoretically the ink has everything, but...Oh, well. Thank you again for the review. Lovely.

Thank you for making such a nice review of a not so well known ink that is really attractive for properties, color and shading. Bluemagister, thanks for the tip on Jetpens as well. $30 dollars per bottle, it has making me think twice before ordering. Theoretically the ink has everything, but...Oh, well. Thank you again for the review. Lovely.

I would order a pack of cartridges for $9, first, before jumping in. Sandy1 has done extensive analysis on this ink and has found that it can be diluted all the way to 10% and still maintain a crisp line. So, if you get a $30 bottle, you can dilute it and get more ink for your money.