• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beluga

• jar

• AltecGreen

• ManofKent

Just received my classic Anello (Ebony) today, and would agree with OP.

http://www.fototime.com/ED465F3A3BC87DD/large.jpg

Everyone should own a LBP (Little Black Pen)

Just received my classic Anello (Ebony) today, and would agree with OP.

What's the length like unposted and the balance like posted?

I've not tried GVFC, only standard FC, but my e-motion has the smoothest writing steel nib I've ever used.

What's the length like unposted and the balance like posted?

I've not tried GVFC, only standard FC, but my e-motion has the smoothest writing steel nib I've ever used.

http://www.fototime.com/A8E60FA3CE9FAC7/medium800.jpg

I find the balance posted falls almost exactly on the web between thumb and hand.

Size compared to an MB 146

http://www.fototime.com/FBF90664D19D128/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/E80D57F17AB0B88/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/79AA583ABA437EE/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/EB5E3F7DC755B93/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/A8E60FA3CE9FAC7/medium800.jpg

I find the balance posted falls almost exactly on the web between thumb and hand.

Thanks - definitely too short for me unposted, but if it posts securely (unlike the e-motion) and without being really back heavy posted (e-motion I'm looking at you) then it's definitely worth adding to my 'want' list. The standard Faber-Castell line have exceptionally good nibs for moderately priced pens, but they all seem to have annoying quirks.

Thanks - definitely too short for me unposted, but if it posts securely (unlike the e-motion) and without being really back heavy posted (e-motion I'm looking at you) then it's definitely worth adding to my 'want' list. The standard Faber-Castell line have exceptionally good nibs for moderately priced pens, but they all seem to have annoying quirks.

It posts securely. The pocket clip holds it securely regardless of the fabric. The nibs are super smooth. The insides are finished to the same detail as the outside. And after sales service is superb.

I've been looking at GvFC for a little while but couldn't make sense of the differences between their models. Here's my summary based on their website and the above table.

Steel nib:

Tamito ($225) – Snap cap (metal). Looks similar to Intuition but probably smaller and with a tiny metal section.

18k nibs (all two tone except Guilloche):

Guilloche ($395) – Snap cap (metal). Resin barrel in herringbone pattern. Metal section. Rhodium plated nib.

Intuition ($475) – Snap cap (resin). Unknown barrel material. No defined section.

Classic Anello ($525) – Screw cap (metal). Resin barrel. Same design as Classic but barrel has ringed segments. Metal section.

Classic ($575) – Screw cap (metal). Wood barrel. Metal section.

Intuition Platino Wood ($895) – Snap cap (metal). Same basic design as Intuition but slightly larger and nicer wood barrel. No defined section. Larger nib.

Length from smallest to largest: Intuition < Intuition Platino < Guilloche < Classic (both types)

Diameter from smallest to largest: Guilloche & Classic (both types) < Intuition < Intuition Platino

Weight from lightest to heaviest: Guilloche & Intuition < Intuition Platino < Classic

So if you want a longer barrel go with a Classic, if you want a thicker section go with an Intuition. The all around smallest is the Guilloche.

With the exception of the larger Intuition Platino, I assume the 18k nibs are the same.

Since the Intuition Platino has the largest nib and highest price point I assume it's the defecto flagship of the standard edition pens.

LE pens of the year from 2003-2012 had similar designs but different materials. 2014-2017 have similar designs but different decorations.

Is this a decent summary? Are there other differences I didn't capture?

Pen of the year pens are piston fillers, and at least the older ones up to 2012 will take Pelikan M800 nib units also.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favorite nibs of all time are the ones found in the Intuition Platino Wood version. They are huge. Soft. Springy. Just a joy to use

• 10 months later...

That was an interesting read.

At some point between .com and .bomb I received a Guilloche model as a gift from my then employer that was also a startup company I was pretty sure would never make it. I was a bit cynical. First I was loyal to traditional brands but also questioning how the guys running that business were always spending other peoples money.

The pen was quite a surprise. Wonderful nib and ink flow from the start. A rather wet pen in a good way. Also nice that it was silver and not as fancy looking as some pens.

Id always wondered who actually made it not thinking it was like Parker in my youth where I saw everything made in Janesville. Years later I learned of Schmidt and Bock as suppliers to other pen makers.

The pen remains a lot of fun when I use it. Its superb with thicker inks that havent been happy with some pens. The nib has to be one of the best of many I own. Silver is nice. It doesnt bark out that you have a lot of money in your pocket the way some pens do at same time it puts more expensive pens to shame via its function.

If my Guilloche model is typical I suggest getting one any time you ever see a deal, but also consider that it might be worth it at any price if mine is typical.

Edited by bitflogger