I kneel to you who really out did me

OldGriz

Take a look at this auction deal.... I don't remember seeing the item or I would definately own it now.... :( :( :( Seller had a $50 Buy It Now price on it.....

I want to cry..... I really really do....

Parker 51 Flighter set in box

Edited by OldGriz

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DWL

• fibreglass_works

• OldGriz

• Ruaidhri

Time now for a victory dance........

:bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am in pain...........

Denis, what a great find, boy did that seller not do his homework ay $100 that would have been the deal of the year.

Obi Won, going off for a sulk.

Griz, we need a plan! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

I agree, $100.00 would still have been a sweet find, the part that REALLY sucks is this is one of the pens I've had on my must have list for a long time & now that I find one at a super sumgai price i know i'm not going to be able to keep it. :bonk: I have to sell it pretty much as soon as it comes in so I can afford to get to the DC supershow in a couple of weeks. :( :doh: :bonk:

Think I'll join you in that sulk for a bit.

Dennis

I don't get that... that seems an awesome piece of luck, but selling the pen seems insane - when are you going to have the money and luck to find one again?

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

If it is Dwl, I can't wait to buy them soon from you........I promised.

Your right it was a HUGE chunk of luck that fell in my lap & it would be insane to sell them because I've been looking for a good set for WAY too long.

However, I need to get to the DC show so I can sell my FP repair DVD's. I've got a lot of bills to pay and the cash I'll make there will help out. LOL, Trust me, I REALLY REALLY want to keep these and am going to do anything and everything I can to raise the needed $ so I can go to DC. But right now funds are pretty tight & just getting there is a stretch for me. I don't want to sell them but if it comes down to it I will, after all like Frank Dubiel used to say..... "they are only pens" & I know another set will come my way in the future, probably not at this sumgai price but I'll have a set again.

Such is the nature of our hobby right? They come .....they go...we are only the trustees of these pens, they were here before us and will be here long after we are gone.

Dennis

If it is Dwl, I can't wait to buy them soon from you........I promised.

LOL I don't even have them in yet & the vultures are circling.... :D

I'm just kidding of course.

Dennis

Why does it seem like it's a dog eat dog world everytime I'm wearing my milkbone underwear? :o ;) :P :D

My experience always tells me "how much is enough". My fate always give me back what I have lost. lastly my promised always fill with kind returns.......Btw where is my rainbow P75 cap??????

The 61 with the rainbow cap went off the other day, you should have it in no time at all.

Your right, everytime life drops me to the floor something good is always right around the corner. Happens every single time.

Dennis

Dwl, I hope you have enough monies to the pen show and please buy more pen......and share with us soon.....

The Vac pencil arrival today. How you go about the shipping??????????

I have a hard time resulted Neg in my ebay feedback because of "that" some Axx asking for US$20/- imagin :doh:

Jim.......

I really hate to do this to you but....(insert wicked grin here..lol)

I got the set in last night. Would you believe it's the best NON NOS Flighter set I've ever seen... :drool: . Seriously if I hadn't seen the ink come out of it when I flushed it I would have sworn it's nos. It's got the sweetest 14K medium nib I've ever seen on a 51...period. I thought there was a scuff on the shell & on the barrel but when I polished it, it wiped right of. DC here Icome. I think I'm going sell this one & find a good solid user in DC.

I'll post pics later after the batteries for the camera charge up.

Dennis..... doin' the sumgai wiggle..... all the way to the bank....lol

BAH!!!!! I spit on you and your sumgai Flighter set BAH!!!! :P :P

Flighter.... we don' need no stinkin Flighter.... :P :P

We have a Signet coming ^_^ ^_^

BAH!!!!! I spit on you and your sumgai Flighter set BAH!!!!  :P  :P

Flighter.... we don' need no stinkin Flighter....  :P  :P

We have a Signet coming  ^_^  ^_^

Man I need a smiley that moons you...lol. Until they come up with one This will have to do...

( Y )

Bwahahahaahaha

Dennis

Genuflects towards Sumgai.

Exit stage left, sobbing :blush:

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Jim.......

I really hate to do this to you but....(insert wicked grin here..lol)

I got the set in last night. Would you believe it's the best NON NOS Flighter set I've ever seen... :drool: . Seriously if I hadn't seen the ink come out of it when I flushed it I would have sworn it's nos. It's got the sweetest 14K medium nib I've ever seen on a 51...period.  I thought there was a scuff on the shell & on the barrel but when I polished it, it wiped right of. DC here Icome. I think I'm going sell this one & find a good solid user in DC.

I'll post pics later after the batteries for the camera charge up.

Dennis..... doin' the sumgai wiggle..... all the way to the bank....lol

Any deal that good has got to have a catch. Bet it's been cursed. If you keep it or benefit from the sale bad pen luck will follow you for the rest of your days.:angry:

Best to send it to me for my special penexorcism service. Be patient, it takes a while to get it back.

A long, long, while.......

Andy

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.