Who is this guy? giacomobehar3wkj

ethernautrix

Oh my! I had to stop reading and send the kitty to everyone I know. I still haven't stopped giggling!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• AltecGreen

• sunnerd

• Tanglewood

I've had sellers using my images, usually they are linking to them on my site, I then replace the image with one that has the same name but with the text "This image has been stolen from http://parkercollector.com"

Fun to see the ad after that.

/Tony

"Attorney Behar is a member, in good standing, of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and currently serves as the Chairman of its San Diego chapter’s liaison committee with the Immigration Service’s California Service Center in Laguna Niguel, California."

Was that in his eBay listing? I wonder how his status as a lawyer makes him the ideal pen-seller. What's next? "I'm a respected Chartered Accountant. That's what makes my chocolate cake so darn delicious."

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Lisa,

The auction has ended, but the photos are still there. I hope you get this b**t**d fixed up good and proper.

Take care,

Soki x

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

"Attorney Behar is a member, in good standing, of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and currently serves as the Chairman of its San Diego chapter’s liaison committee with the Immigration Service’s California Service Center in Laguna Niguel, California."

Was that in his eBay listing? I wonder how his status as a lawyer makes him the ideal pen-seller. What's next? "I'm a respected Chartered Accountant. That's what makes my chocolate cake so darn delicious."

Advertisement by attorneys is regulated by their state bar associations. In Florida, it needs to be approved in advance. Nor are you allowed to use your bar credentials to advertise any non-attorney service.

Looks like someone hasn't bothered to look at his ethics rules since the Bar exam. IF he's even what he purports to be. :sick:

Illinois used to prohibit advertising by attorneys; now, it seems to be a free for all. You wouldn't believe some of the embarassing commercials on tv here.

As far as that seller is concerned: Note that he is in California, the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Law school was always a laugher when it came to California, as it's known for goofy legal precedents that don't hold water anywhere else in the country. Nine times out of ten, after a professor cited some whacky decision, he would follow with the inevitable, "But that was in California ... " Point being, they may actually allow stuff like that over there.

The quote about him that was posted by felyne (above) was NOT from his Ebay ad, but from the website for his office - Behar International Councel PLC. I am not sure but I would imagine that attorneys are allowed to advertise with a website online.

Not trying to defend the guy - just keeping the record straight. The actions he did were creepy enough, so we need not accuse him of things he didn't do.

Sorry you had to go through all this Lisa. While nobody has lifted my images and put them on the bay, I have been finding unattributed quotes from some of my FPN posts on various Ebay listings. I don't get too upset about - more amused than anything - but it is irksome. (I am sure it happens to Richard Binder et. al. more often)

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Advertisement by attorneys is regulated by their state bar associations. In Florida, it needs to be approved in advance. Nor are you allowed to use your bar credentials to advertise any non-attorney service.

I never knew that -- thanks. Wouldn't be a bad idea if that held true over here too!

Sorry you had to go through all this Lisa. While nobody has lifted my images and put them on the bay, I have been finding unattributed quotes from some of my FPN posts on various Ebay listings. I don't get too upset about - more amused than anything - but it is irksome. (I am sure it happens to Richard Binder et. al. more often)

Annoying for sure, but maybe also a strange backhand compliment? At least it means you're considered an authority by some of these folk!

As far as that seller is concerned: Note that he is in California, the Land of Fruits and Nuts.

Come now. Some of the world's finest things originated in California. I cite myself as an example :D

Edited by orangos
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Glad eBay pulled it - shame he was able to relist in a heartbeat.

Felyne, I'm convinced that Behar pulled his listing because of the pressure you and others brought to him, either directly or through eBay. I think if it was just me and Sunnerd complaining, he would have found it easy to ignore us. So thank you, thank you!

BTW, I think he pulled the listing before eBay could take action, cos I received a response from eBay yesterday afternoon, after Behar had already pulled the listing.

Oh my! I had to stop reading and send the kitty to everyone I know. I still haven't stopped giggling!

I LOVE THE TICKLY KITTY! I have watched it dozens of times, and if I could put it on a loop and anchor it on my computer screen, I would!

I've had sellers using my images, usually they are linking to them on my site, I then replace the image with one that has the same name but with the text "This image has been stolen from http://parkercollector.com"

Fun to see the ad after that.

/Tony

When I noticed a strange referral URL, password-protected, to my Montblanc photos in flickr, that's exactly what I did. I had a little Tourette's outburst, including the referring URLs, which I imposed on the photos, and uploaded. That's how I learned immediately thereafter that Montblanc had hired an agency to monitor websites, such as flickr, for, I suppose, misuse of Montblanc products. Montblanc's lawsuit against a fellow who was selling (or maybe just featuring) a modified Montblanc fountain pen on his website comes to mind. I received a very polite e-mail from a representative of that agency explaining the reason the referring URLs were password-protected and asking me very nicely if I would remove the revised photos. I did so immediately. I just wanted to know. Once I knew, I was okay with it -- and think it's kindv funny.

The auction has ended, but the photos are still there. I hope you get this b**t**d fixed up good and proper.

Hi, Soki. The old listing shows the photos. I'm giving Behar the benefit of the doubt that he can't remove the photos. Maybe I'm being too generous. The new listing lacks mine and Sunnerd's photos. P.S. Hi! How are you?! E-mail pending!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

As far as that seller is concerned: Note that he is in California, the Land of Fruits and Nuts.
Come now. Some of the world's finest things originated in California. I cite myself as an example :D

What's amusing to me is how, when I was growing up in the City, everyone told me how rare I was to be a native San Franciscan, meaning most of the population came from elsewhere. AHEM.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

What's amusing to me is how, when I was growing up in the City, everyone told me how rare I was to be a native San Franciscan, meaning most of the population came from elsewhere. AHEM.

Well, I am also a native Californian. Flakes and Nuts? California's got em, but hardly a corner on the market.

My wife has owned an advertising and marketing business for many years and she is a creative graphic artist as well. We have been appalled at how people misuse and abuse copywrited materials. She is also an accomplished photographer who has had a running gun battle with a number of poachers who have misappropriated her photos for their personal gain - without permission. Seems that some people think that "attributing" a photo to the owner is the same as having permission to use. Sorry that it has happened to you, Lisa, and others on this forum. I am afraid that if it continues, the "Pen Posse" may change into the "Photo Patrol" and heaven save the perps then. /Craig

Edited by CraigR

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

The quote about him that was posted by felyne (above) was NOT from his Ebay ad, but from the website for his office - Behar International Councel PLC. I am not sure but I would imagine that attorneys are allowed to advertise with a website online.

Not trying to defend the guy - just keeping the record straight. The actions he did were creepy enough, so we need not accuse him of things he didn't do.

Sorry for any confusion I've caused to anyone - the quote I posted was not from his eBay ad but from his website. I was posting it to contribute to the commenting theme of writing a letter of complaint to the State Bar Association. Sorry I should have been more clear as to why I was posting the quote at the time - I in no way intended to suggest he was trying to give himself seller credit by claiming he was a lawyer on his eBay listing.

-----

Just a glitch in your matrix

Um...

PLEASE tell me you reported this to the Bar?!

It's not about spite, it's about a professional acting inappropriately, unprofessionally and illegally).

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

I've read this entire thread about this situation and wondered--has anyone noticed

the irony that started it all: There's a snake trying to sell a pen with his namesake

for a clip................:mad:

I'm glad that things worked out for you,Lisa.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Um...

PLEASE tell me you reported this to the Bar?!

It's not about spite, it's about a professional acting inappropriately, unprofessionally and illegally).

I decided not to report Mr Giacomo Behar. If you google "Giacomo Jacques Behar", this thread is #4.

I leave it as an exercise to the reader to decide whether he wants Mr Giacomo Behar to represent him.

Edited by sunnerd

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

• 4 weeks later...

It is pretty clear this guys is stealing pictures from all over the net. Many of his 'picture' are only small thumbnails since he did not have access to the original pictures.

I looked at his other auctions. Many are pictures from the manufacturer's site. On the Boheme auction he stole a picture from WorldLux.

One of the pics from his Parker Snake pen auction looks like it came from David Nishimura's site. He also stole some Parker pictures from FPN.

Take a look at the pictures on this thread and compare them to the one in the auction.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37815

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PARKER-SNAKE-SILVER-FOUNTAIN-PEN-LIMITED-EDITION-LNIB_W0QQitemZ250539608020QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a555307d4

he sure did steal my photos, man this will teach me to check my e-mail more often LOL :S

now I remember thinking of a situation like this when I read this comment in my FS posting

While I appreciate the desire to possess your own images, perhaps all the copywrite overlay on top of what we are supposed to be viewing is a bit over the top?

that is why I always tag my eBay photos - to show its mine and that it shows actual product

he relistedhis item with my photos again

Edited by TheGoat Eater