RHR's Unique Patent Collection

Gerry

Thought I'd pin a list of links to George's posts on interesting patents. Should keep it available for easier reference.

1 - Ink Vending Machine

2 - Pen Branding Machine

3 - Original Pencil Geek

4 - Carter Ma and Pa Inx\

5 - Tempoint Nib Chart

6 - Wahl-Eversharp Nib Manufacturing

7 - Waterman's Lever Filler Demonstrator

8 - Inkograph Demonstrator

9 - Namiki Lever Filler and Urushi Patents

10 - Gravity Filler

11 - The Waterman's Piston and Vacuum Fillers

12 - The Vacumatic Precursors

13 - "Eliminating The Human Hand"

14 - The Modular Parker Fountain Pens

15 - The Name "Stylograph"

16 - The So-Called "Fountain Pen Ballpoints"

17 - One Unproduced Parker "51" Design

18 - The Vanishing Point and Parker 51 Snorkels

19 - The Parker "61" Snorkel

20 - The First Snorkel Filler, Not A Sheaffer

21 - A Curiosity...

22 - The Eyedropper Era

23 - The First Typewriter

24 - The First Pregnant Pen

25 - A Writing Device For The Blind

26 - The First Crescent Filler

27 - The Hand Shaped Pencil Sharpener

28 - The First Ball Pointed Pen

29 - The Telegraphic Pen

30 - A Combined Inkstand, Pistol Case and Burglar Alarm

31 - The Tower of Babel

32 - The Ink Transfusion Fountain Pen

33 - The Over and The Under Feeds

34 - The First Gravity Fillers

35 - The Integral Eyedropper

36 - The Pocket Inkstand, and The Traveling Inkwell

37 - The Pen Cleaner

38 - The Duryea and the Beaver and Eagle Clips

39 - The Teddy Bear Pencil Tip

40 - The Fairchild Nib Sign

41 - The Writing Machine

42 - The Printer's Dingbats

43 - The X - Patents

Edit: I've added another 9 of George's patents to the list. Thanks George.

George is retiring from the Patent finding business - at least the ferreting out of the interesting ones for us - see his last post HERE. I hope that we are able to find another volunteer to take on this rewarding endeavour. Thank you very much George, we all appreciate the effort you have put in to this exercise, and the generosity you have shown in sharing it with us...

Gerry

Edited by Gerry

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry

• rhr

• YouCollectMe

• Penpradeepjain

• 2 years later...

I know that this is an old post however I cannot stop myself asking this question to Gerry.

The products that you have posted, is this only in America or worldwide?

Edited by Gerry

• 5 weeks later...
I know that this is an old post however I cannot stop myself asking this question to Gerry.

The patents largely describe North American products, but they include other countries.

Regards,

Gerry

Edited by Gerry

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, and yes. Or no, and no. It all depends upon what you mean.

Yes, they are all American patents and designs, and yes, their images are viewable worldwide on the various patent websites such as USPTO, Google Patents, and EPO.

But no, they are not only in America, because some have been patented in other countries around the world, and they are now available worldwide online, but only as online images, and no, most of the actual products are no longer available anywhere, except in antique stores and pen shows, if they can be found at all.

And by the way, no, both Gerry and I are not American. We're both part of the "worldwide" portion of this website. We're Canadians. ;~)

George Kovalenko.

:ninja:

Edited by rhr

rhrpen(at)gmail.com

• 3 years later...

Any history of Indian Pens,Made in India?

The only Known name in India for Vintage/New/Limited Edition pen/Pen-Parts/Pen Repair....Pradeep Pen India

• 7 months later...

I wonder whether there is such collection on Vintage Soviet Union Pens.

Some of them look much like famous European brands, but who knows. There were a topic on SOYUZ fountain pen being "borrowed" from Parker, but with innovations Russians managed to make it even better.

• 1 year later...

I wonder whether there is such collection on Vintage Soviet Union Pens.

Some of them look much like famous European brands, but who knows. There were a topic on SOYUZ fountain pen being "borrowed" from Parker, but with innovations Russians managed to make it even better.

Don't think so

Jerry