• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• Sailor Kenshin

• pen2paper

• MYU

Same thing has happened to me.............can't access my profile or my messages.

Interesting that these are unavailable now. Earlier when I could not read any of the forums I could still send/receive PMs.

Also, when I click on the icon to take me to unread posts it goes back to post #1.

Same here. Among other malfunctions.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Thanks for everyones efforts, problems are still there though, unable to mark a forum as read and not showing posts I've written in also same as above re profile and messanger.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Not to cause a panic, but we have been short staffed on the technical side and... well, some things have gone awry as a byproduct of the software upgrade. It is incurring more manual maintenance than previously required. We probably would have stayed on version 2.x if it hadn't been for the vendor discontinuing support for that version--we were forced to upgrade.

Fortunately we have one "on call when available" resource who stepped in (in the middle of his night time too) and helped get FPN off of its knees. If it hadn't been for him, the website could have been inoperable for a lot longer.

Anyway, we'll have a more formal status message about the forum posted soon. Again, sorry for the disappointments. It's been a long day and night back stage at FPN...

Actually it's an elaborate plot to show the new Admin Team member (so new the announcement hasn't been made yet, it's getting lost in the workload) that being an admin is no simple matter. :ph34r:

Just an update from my end, all appears to be working fine now, a big thanks to all involved.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Thanks to all of the administrators and moderators who untangled the muddles of the last day! We're all grateful to you for your efforts.

Seems to be working fine now.

My thanks to all who put their efforts into this. :clap1:

Having moderated myself before, I know such server/software problems put a lot of stress on administrators that they easily could do without.

(I was also beginning to feel embarrassed by two double posts that I could do nothing about.)

B.

Edited by beluga

Whoa Nelliemellow.gif did I just see a momentary shift to the Old Style page???blink.gif

Well, we are always trying to improve things, so who knows? biggrin.gif

or do I need to go and take a pill of some sort?

That is always an option. About to take my meds just now again biggrin.gif wink.gif.

someone tinkering behind the curtain?

We always do, we always do biggrin.gif.

Warm regards, Wim

aka the Mad Dutchman biggrin.gif

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Whoa Nelliemellow.gif did I just see a momentary shift to the Old Style page???blink.gif

Well, we are always trying to improve things, so who knows? biggrin.gif

or do I need to go and take a pill of some sort?

That is always an option. About to take my meds just now again biggrin.gif wink.gif.

someone tinkering behind the curtain?

We always do, we always do biggrin.gif.

Warm regards, Wim

aka the Mad Dutchman biggrin.gif

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/tuzki-bunnys/tuzki-bunny-emoticon-052.gifPhew! was worried there for a moment or five..

all is smooth againhttp://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/tuzki-bunnys/tuzki-bunny-emoticon-013.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...