The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Latest Software Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

#81 sumgaikid

sumgaikid

Don't mess with the kitteh......

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:08

Actually,it's been hitting everyone all day--there are several posts about this .

John
Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Sponsored Content

#82 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

24 Heures du Mans and Oblique Addict

• Member - Gold

• 4,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:12

Accepting that the admins are probably tearing their hair out even more than the rest of us (and I've little left to tear out....), does anyone with expertise in this sort of thing have any idea why this is happening?

#83 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,954 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:34

zero experience, but inquisitive enough to check the IP Board's information board for any known issues..It said there were nonePosted Image
I'm just guessing, but wonder if the huge recent influx from the B Globe article has caused a tilt on this new version???

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#84 ladyinthemists

ladyinthemists

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:48

Thank goodness it isn't only me having trouble getting access in here. I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong. Whew! Now, for this problem to get resolved soon....I hope!

She who laughs, lasts 

#85 RitaCarbon

RitaCarbon

Away

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:00

My avatar is not here anymore. Did she kill herself or what?

#86 Ada

Ada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:01

I'm pleasantly surprised to be reading this thread (or any, really); the "database error" page prevented me from reading any posts at all on my other attempts this evening. However, I'm now seeing a big blank space at the bottom left of the index page where it used to show which members were logged in. I don't mind the absence of the information, but I am wondering if this is true for everyone or a more localized issue.
I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

#87 RitaCarbon

RitaCarbon

Away

• Member - Gold

• 1,719 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:02

Oh, it is still here. But I can't get to my profile. This is the only topic available to express my frustration.Posted Image

#88 LLB

LLB

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:28

I'm pleasantly surprised to be reading this thread (or any, really); the "database error" page prevented me from reading any posts at all on my other attempts this evening. However, I'm now seeing a big blank space at the bottom left of the index page where it used to show which members were logged in. I don't mind the absence of the information, but I am wondering if this is true for everyone or a more localized issue.

#89 LLB

LLB

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:31

[I also have the big blank space at the bottom of the page. In addition, cannot get to the new message shown in "my messenger". Access denied! You don't have permission... apparently now one can be logged in as far as part of the system is concerned, but not for all of it. I'm clearly challenged at this as well since for my first post I have edited Ada's instead of replying to it. LLB]
[quote name='Ada' date='06 January 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1262836867' post='1370539']

Edited by LLB, 07 January 2010 - 04:35.

#90 RitaCarbon

RitaCarbon

Away

• Member - Gold

• 1,719 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:36

Are there any updates on what's going on here?

#91 Ada

Ada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:41

[I also have the big blank space at the bottom of the page. In addition, cannot get to the new message shown in "my messenger". Access denied! You don't have permission... apparently now one can be logged in as far as part of the system is concerned, but not for all of it. I'm clearly challenged at this as well since for my first post I have edited Ada's instead of replying to it. LLB]

Thanks LLB, it is nice to know it is not just me.

And thanks to the Mods and Admins for whatever you did to make it possible to read threads again.

Edited by Ada, 07 January 2010 - 04:41.

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

#92 Chris Chalmers

Chris Chalmers

r

• Member - Gold

• 3,258 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:50

I can't access my own posts or topics - even though I've signed out and signed back in - and can't access "new content" either :headsmack:!

At least I could look at other topics and forums (is that the right word?) :thumbup: I'm just going to have to go and write another snail............ :bunny01:
Each day is the start of the rest of your life!
Make it count!!!

#93 cpsantillan

cpsantillan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:55

I hope this whole problem will end up soon,it's a chaos :crybaby: ,this is the second time that I could post something the whole day,and I wonder how the admin are doing..thanks anyway to them for their efforts in trying to get this fixed :thumbup:
CPSC

#94 dizzypen

dizzypen

Swimming in a sea of Noodler's Navy!

• Member - Gold

• 3,980 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:03

What in blue blazes?! :blink:

I'm glad the site is finally back up somewhat, but there are a few things missing namely access to my profile and my private messages!!!

Any update is greatly appreciated.

This whole thing is a disaster how could IPB release something so dodgy?!
Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

#95 sumgaikid

sumgaikid

Don't mess with the kitteh......

• Member - Gold

• 3,712 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:20

What in blue blazes?! :blink:

I'm glad the site is finally back up somewhat, but there are a few things missing namely access to my profile and my private messages!!!

Any update is greatly appreciated.

This whole thing is a disaster how could IPB release something so dodgy?!

Same thing has happened to me.............can't access my profile or my messages. It also seems to be
running a bit slower.................

Can we get a communique' on the status of what's happened,what's fixed and when we'll be able to
get to our profile and messages?

BTW,a hearty thanks to the Admins and Mods for their perseverance!:clap1:

John
Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

#96 Doug Add

Doug Add

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:26

Same thing has happened to me.............can't access my profile or my messages.

Interesting that these are unavailable now. Earlier when I could not read any of the forums I could still send/receive PMs.

Also, when I click on the icon to take me to unread posts it goes back to post #1.

#97 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• 5,647 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:26

Sorry folks, we have indeed been having some serious back-end problems. But we're on the mend. It will be a bit while longer before everything is back. Please hang on... sorry for the inconvenience!

~FPN Admin Team

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

#98 dcwaites

dcwaites

DavidW

• Member - Gold

• 7,001 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:31

Sorry folks, we have indeed been having some serious back-end problems. But we're on the mend. It will be a bit while longer before everything is back. Please hang on... sorry for the inconvenience!

~FPN Admin Team

What ever you are doing is beginning to work. I assume that turning 'Search' off is part of the recovery process...

Thanking you all for your (I assume frantic) efforts.

David.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

#99 Doug Add

Doug Add

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:31

Sorry for the hassles the admin team is enduring with this. Thanks for all you do to maintain this site for us.

#100 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• 5,647 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:48

Not to cause a panic, but we have been short staffed on the technical side and... well, some things have gone awry as a byproduct of the software upgrade. It is incurring more manual maintenance than previously required. We probably would have stayed on version 2.x if it hadn't been for the vendor discontinuing support for that version--we were forced to upgrade.

Fortunately we have one "on call when available" resource who stepped in (in the middle of his night time too) and helped get FPN off of its knees. If it hadn't been for him, the website could have been inoperable for a lot longer.

Anyway, we'll have a more formal status message about the forum posted soon. Again, sorry for the disappointments. It's been a long day and night back stage at FPN...

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sponsored Content

|