• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Kamiyashi

• Bryant

• kushbaby

This is quite interesting but not surprising at all and other pen makers may go the same way.

• Gold, since the early 80s, has been floating around the $300-$400 per ounce mark until about 2004 when it started going up and didn't stop. Now it's almost $1200 an ounce.
  • Palladium has been floating around the $300-$400 and still is.

Of course, there are spikes here and there but long term, the palladium price has been quite stable. Of course, if demand for Palladium goes up because nib makers want to use it instead of gold, then the price of Palladium may increase...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

This is quite interesting but not surprising at all and other pen makers may go the same way.

• Gold, since the early 80s, has been floating around the $300-$400 per ounce mark until about 2004 when it started going up and didn't stop. Now it's almost $1200 an ounce.
  • Palladium has been floating around the $300-$400 and still is.

Of course, there are spikes here and there but long term, the palladium price has been quite stable. Of course, if demand for Palladium goes up because nib makers want to use it instead of gold, then the price of Palladium may increase...

It gets complicated because the value of the US$ itself has gone down while the US$-price of gold has gone up. Visconti buys gold with Euros. Taking that into account , palladium paid in Euros has become cheaper for Visconti over the years

They missed the 23 Kt gold Sailor nibs from the Japanese carat wars era.

Danitrio actually has a 24kt nib on their Sumo.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Ok. Just bear in mind that Sheaffer's use Palladium in nibs for ages. Possibly Visconti found some new technique to be used but the use of the material itself is not new.

Ciao,

Oh, I thought Sheaffer just plated their nibs with Palladium, not used pure Palladium. Thats cool, which pens have pure palladium nibs?

Cheers!

Bry

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Man, that might end up as one very stiff nib

The Palladium? I personally have not used one yet, but Im told it has much more flex than the Viscontis 18k nibs. Which to me is not really a bonus, as I like stuff stubs, but Im not mad at it either....

They missed the 23 Kt gold Sailor nibs from the Japanese carat wars era.

Danitrio actually has a 24kt nib on their Sumo.

Yeah, that one is cool, thats a huge nib too!

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

So I was just informed that as of January the following nibs will be available.

EF, F, M, B, STUB 1.1, STUB 1.3

I am trying to push a OM, BB, OB and OBB. We will see what happens.

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Mm, that's the best news I've heard all day~!

Visconti: Aida 0/1871, Amigdala, Black Ripple 4/199, Black Storm 8/88, Blue Ripple 870/999, Blue Symphony 88/208, Carbon Dream 4/993, Chatterley Ripple^3 4/25, Custom Ripple 4/4, D'Essai, Gulliver, Homo Sapien, Metropolis 64/288, Millennium Arc 2/1000, Opera Aqua, Opera Demo 547/888, Opera Nordic^2, Opera Water^2, Pericle^2, Ponte Vecchio^2, Ragtime, Ragtime 1174/1988, Replica, VG Custom^8, VG Demo^2, VG Green^2, VG Red, VG Vanilla^3, Versailles 317/365, Viscontina 39/188, Voyager^2

1.3mm stub, holy guacamole! Now to decide which Visconti it shall go on (?). And I'll need to start saving my pennies (...again).

So I was just informed that as of January the following nibs will be available.

EF, F, M, B, STUB 1.1, STUB 1.3

I am trying to push a OM, BB, OB and OBB. We will see what happens.

ob would be nice but I can live with this:cloud9:

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

OK, a 1.3 stub catches my attention! So, Bryant, which pens will these be available on, and do any of them have plastic sections (as opposed to the metal sections most modern Viscontis have)! I would love to see one of these nibs on something similar to the Divina Maxi. Yes, I'm going to have to save some pennies now too!

Scott.

OK, a 1.3 stub catches my attention! So, Bryant, which pens will these be available on, and do any of them have plastic sections (as opposed to the metal sections most modern Viscontis have)! I would love to see one of these nibs on something similar to the Divina Maxi. Yes, I'm going to have to save some pennies now too!

Scott.

Here is the info I am told...

They will be available on all pens that had gold nibs. 14k and 18k.

In plated Rhodium, gold, rose gold and two tone, depending the pen they are on.

Lots of Viscontis dont have metal sections... How about a Wall Street LE? I will have these at the new year with these nibs... And.. With amazing prices... At least that is the plan...

Bry

Edited by Bryant

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Okay, now I'm crossing my fingers that someone gives me a bunch of money for my birthday or Christmas so I can score one of those Ripples with one of these!

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Swap vs Grind - I have a Romanica Silver 'B' in quarantine in my drawer since the summer waiting for a stub exchange :( . How do the palladium nibs feel compared to the 'old' ones? Compared to my M805 I really like the flex and smoothness of the 18K nibs. Any thoughts on the trade-offs between swapping the 18K nib for a 1.1 stub vs having it ground down?

Bruce

BB is the new M