The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Harley Davidson Review

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 returnofpenguy

returnofpenguy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:32

I recently purchased two Waterman Harley Davidson pens. Here is my review. This is my first review.
Introduction:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Appearance & Design:(8/10)

Posted Image

Construction & Quality:(8/10) The pen is light because it made out of plastic and you can feel it. The metal work is chromed plastic so it feels cheap when you actually see it. I was slightly disappointed when I held the pen in my hand the first time. I am also keeping the cost of the pen in mind with my rating. I paid about $16 per pen including a converter and S&H.

Posted Image

Weight & Dimensions: (7/10)The pen is lighter than the Phelias, because it does not have a little metal tube in the barrel that Phelias contain.
Length: 5.25 inches

Posted Image

Posted Length: 5.75 inches

Posted Image

I don't have a smaller weight scale so I could not provide a weight measurement, however, it is lighter than Phelias.
The width of the barrel is the same as Pheilas.

Despite its lightness, it feels fine in my hand. I was able to write non-stop for large number of papers. I have already refilled the converter multiple times with two different inks.

Nib & Performance: (10/10)This is the best part of the pen. As you can see in the picture, it has steel nib with an exact shape of a Phelias nib. The nib is smooth to write with and very efficient. The best for the price. You will get Waterman pen for a low cost. I don't see much difference in my Phelias and this pen, except my Phelias contains a broad nib, and it is a two tone nib. But that is another posting.

Posted Image

Nib and Feed

Posted Image

Filling System & Maintenance: (10/10) The pen came with a cartridge. I had to purchase a converter, which is a standard Waterman filling system, and it is efficient.

Cost & Value: (10/10) As I mentioned above, I paid total of $32 for two pens with converters, including S&H on ebay. Cannot beat that cost. These are excellent pens for that price.

Conclusion: (53/60)Overall a very efficient, inexpensive, branded pen. It met my expectation in cost, efficiency, and appearance; however, I was expecting these pens to be slightly heavier. It writes well for a long time without feeling any fatigue in my fingers. It starts writing every time without any trouble. I would recommend this pen. See one more picture for design. I have color coded these pens, as you will see writing samples in the pictures. The blue pen hold blue and the red flame,... you got it.

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:02

well done first review! i've seen these before and wondered about their performance. i'm happy to know it writes just like the phileas. that's great!!

#3 greencobra

greencobra

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 13:58

Nice job on this review. I've seen these a few times but never in person, had no idea it was a glorified Phileas until now. I think the price was right and I like the HD theme.
JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

#4 contaxrts2

contaxrts2

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 21:23

Thank you for the great review. Looking now for harleys.

#5 buffalowings

buffalowings

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 23:34

now you need a harley to go with that pen
I'm a little hot potato right meow
"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"
I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

#6 returnofpenguy

returnofpenguy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 14:44

now you need a harley to go with that pen

:lol: Great idea. I already have one cruiser but not Harley.

#7 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:40

I remember those when they were for sale. They are good daily writers with the qualities of the phileas.
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#8 JulianoCG

JulianoCG

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:43

so I am in doubt betwen a waterman harley davison freewheeler, and waterman phileas kutur.

because of a problem in my hands, I need pens with thicker grip section, hd seems to fit in this quality.

can you confirm if the body metal or plastic?

wich one do you recomend?

thanks!

My best regards,

Juliano C. G.

Email

#9 mohan

mohan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:56

Thanks for the review. I wonder why medium always comes in orange color and fine comes in blue jeans colour!

Sponsored Content

|