The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Featured Pen - Pilot Namiki 78G

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2009 - 22:07

I'd like to share my blog post on the Pilot Namiki 78G .

Please see the full post with photos and links here: Featured Pen - Pilot Namiki 78G . Following is the text of the post:

The Pilot 78G is an inexpensive utility type pen that contains several wonderful surprises. First of all is the price. I acquired all three of mine from winningpen on eBay for about $12 each, including shipping from Hong Kong. This seller always ships quickly and is very reliable, but there are a number of other reputable eBay and non eBay sellers who carry this pen.

These pens come with aerometric fillers and use bottled fountain pen ink, however the coverter is removable if you prefer to use a cartridge. They come in 4 standard nib sizes: F, M, B and BB. The unique thing with these nib is that the B and BB are both italic nibs rather than the standard round nib. I have not seen the BB nib from the eBay seller I have used but I have seen it elsewhere.

As with most Japanese nibs the F and M are finer than their US counterparts.

Click on image to enlarge:

Edited by Okami, 20 November 2009 - 12:38.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Sponsored Content

#2 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:15

thanx okami! i got the B nib and it skips a bit on the left up-stroke. i suspect it's partly due to the ink (visconti black) and i never gave it a good flush. all in all, i'm happy with the way it writes. the price is great too!

#3 Kabe

Kabe

The Kabemeister is here

• Member - Gold

• 1,041 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:01

12 dollars for three pens? Ebay, here I go
The voice of this guitar of mine, at the awakening of the morning, wants to sing its joy;
I sing to your volcanoes, to your meadows and flowers, that are like mementos of the greatest of my loves;
If I am to die away from you, may they say I am sleeping, and bring me back home.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Okami

Okami

• Member - Gold

• 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:33

12 dollars for three pens? Ebay, here I go

Apologies, I have corrected the post above and my blog. The Namiki 78G runs about $12 per pen.
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

#5 cmeisenzahl

cmeisenzahl

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,261 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 14:53

Great review and pics, nice work!

#6 Okami

Okami

• Member - Gold

• 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2009 - 20:13

Great review and pics, nice work!

Thanks

Sponsored Content

|