Viscoti Pens Sale (2 Days Only)(50-80% Off Retail)

qwertmeister

honestly did not know where to put this

Visconti Pens are going up on Gilt in 2 days (on 11/20...sale ends 11/22)...its a luxury site for items with 50-80% off retail

before anyone says anything about it seeming shady they were featured in Forbes (I linked the article), and a quick google search will clarify as well.

the sale starts at 12 noon, thought the fellow pen enthusiasts would be interested.

FORBES ARTICLE: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0225/070.html

INVITE: http://www.giltgroupe.com/invite/krisperera

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/qwertmeister/lm.jpg

Edited by qwertmeister

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• qwertmeister

• Ghost Plane

• offbase

• Kamiyashi

Thanks for posting this! GILT had some amazing deals on Montegrappa pens a few months ago. Can't wait to see which Visconti pens they'll have on special.

Lynne

The search for the perfect blue ink is a delicious and endless quest...

I'm interested, but I don't know if I want to have lots of E-Mails swamping me. Is there a particular area that pens are usually listed in? Would they be considered a "Home" item? Thanks!

Scott.

Here is a screenshot of the pens that will be available...

http://www.withoutink.com/bbpics/gilt-visconti.png

Cheers-

withoutink

"Do Nothing Which is of No Use." - Musashi Miyamoto (Ancient Swordsman from the 1600's)

withoutink.com | twitter | facebook

Any idea what pens will be on the sale?

The best you can get is that you can a 3-item preview of what theyll be sellign to give you a small "taste" for the sale....as withoutink above me just posted

I'm interested, but I don't know if I want to have lots of E-Mails swamping me. Is there a particular area that pens are usually listed in? Would they be considered a "Home" item? Thanks!

Scott.

theyd be under the mens section...although they should appear in "Home" too....you can altogether disable updates though so you dont get daily emails though

Edited by qwertmeister

Sexist swine. I refuse to support any idiots that list the fun stuff under "men." Companies like that need to crawl into the last century...

Sexist swine. I refuse to support any idiots that list the fun stuff under "men." Companies like that need to crawl into the last century...

lol. I agree that it can be pretty offending to the ladies. I like Visconti pens and I own a number of them where most of them came from our fellow FPNer (er hem..you should know who he is). :) However, I realise that Visconti has been selling its pens at massive discount for quite some time. Are they clearing stocks or are they having problems with their finance? :rolleyes:

Other pens available for sale:

Pelikan : Keep a watchout here, M805 FPs, M400 and M405 FPs,

Many of the Italian companies appear to have realized they'd overpriced themselves and needed to readjust and clear inventory. Swapping their distributors here in the States at the same time really didn't help. My local bricks and mortar is beyond peeved at the lack of information they received. It's scary when I'm their information source instead of their own supplier!

I don't know the bottom line, but Montegrappa, Visconti, and Marlen's loss is our gain! Now if Marlen would haul their LEs out of the stratosphere, I could go back to buying them. But they've dumped so many steel nibbed clearance out there that no one's buying at the prices FPH is listing for.

That's it? Sorry, but I signed up, now I'm a little disappointed. Everyone and his brother has had those on closeout forever.

I may have misread your post but theyll have a lot more pens....the 3 items they show you is just a "preview" so to speak

Hush, woman! Isn't there a floor that needs cleaning somewhere? :D

^^lol xP

That may have been a mistake on my part...being of the male gender I and seeing Visconti pens under the mens section I gave the answer I was most positive of. The pens appear under the womens and home section as well now that I re-checked.

Edited by qwertmeister

That's it? Sorry, but I signed up, now I'm a little disappointed. Everyone and his brother has had those on closeout forever.

I may have misread your post but theyll have a lot more pens....the 3 items they show you is just a "preview" so to speak

Got'cha. Thanks much!

As an FYI - Sheaffer Pens on sale on tuesday 11/24. There are even fewer descriptions or teaser pics.

I admit that I frequently browse (and thus ultimately purchase) Gilt.com. In my opinion, it is a very convenient place to grab a great deal on gift-type items. The downside (and it is part of their marketing psychology) is that you have to be attentive and things can sell out quickly. More specifically, you have to watch out for items that may be of interest, and browse shortly after going on sale (mew items usually posted at noon Eastern each day).

Just thought you pen lovers may like to know. Deltas were available about two weeks ago.

Brian

As an FYI - Sheaffer Pens on sale on tuesday 11/24. There are even fewer descriptions or teaser pics.

I admit that I frequently browse (and thus ultimately purchase) Gilt.com. In my opinion, it is a very convenient place to grab a great deal on gift-type items. The downside (and it is part of their marketing psychology) is that you have to be attentive and things can sell out quickly. More specifically, you have to watch out for items that may be of interest, and browse shortly after going on sale (mew items usually posted at noon Eastern each day).

Just thought you pen lovers may like to know. Deltas were available about two weeks ago.

Yep....as far as clothing items if your not around at noon most of the "good" items will sell out within minutes. As far as cosmetics/stationary/pens the items might be around for a while

Here's a (perhaps) stupid question: For those of you who have seen or purchased fountain pens on Gilt.com is one able to choose nib size?

Here's a (perhaps) stupid question: For those of you who have seen or purchased fountain pens on Gilt.com is one able to choose nib size?

Ya know, that's a very good question, actually ...

I havent bought a pen from them in a while but from what I remember I dont think I was able to choose the nib size.