Removing Baoer 388 nib and feed

wing6

Has anyone tried removing the nib and feed from a Baoer 388? I tried pulling and twisting and nothing works.

I have tried the suggested methods to get the ink to flow for this pen.

Tried bending the nib, widening the slit and also twisting the tines. I'm doing this to explore ways to fix this pen and dare to do so because it is a cheap fountain pen.

I suspect that this pen, though newly bought off Ebay, may have a clogged mechanism. It still writes well. The nib bending, etc has made this pen into a truly medium nib pen.

Still, I would like to get the nib out and fix the ink flow.

Any suggestions anyone?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeissIkon

• wing6

• MontPelikan

Have you looked into the rear end of the section, where the cartridge connector is? I have a cartridge pen that has a hexagonal indentation concentric with the cartridge fang, where I presume something would unscrew. In the case of my pen, this is necessary, because the partially hooded nib can't be removed from the front of the section, but it's also possible a locking nut could be used to secure the feed against being pushed out of the section when seating a cartridge or converter.

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

Yes. It seems there is a hexagonal indentation. Will try to figure out how to get this out.

After some bending, it only writes on the other side of the tip. Sort of having the nib upside down. I created another problem.

Yes. It seems there is a hexagonal indentation. Will try to figure out how to get this out.

After some bending, it only writes on the other side of the tip. Sort of having the nib upside down. I created another problem.

If a nib gets bent at all, it's virtually impossible to straighten it while on the feed. Once it's out of the pen, it's not particularly difficult, if you go at it the correct way; I've done several of them (slightly sprung due to excessive writing pressure -- trying to flex pens that weren't in fact flexible) with no tools more sophisticated than the butt end of a bamboo skewer, fingers, and a critical eye.

FWIW, you can buy brass tubing in hexagonal shape at hobby shops, or you could some years ago, under the K&S brand. Sadly, K&S abandoned their single-piece sales and now seem to sell the tubes only in blister packs, two to four pieces at a time, but you should still be able to get all the shapes at a shop that sells flying model airplanes or large, detailed ship models. I haven't had a chance to try this on my similar pen; I'd be interested in what you find out.

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

• 7 years later...