The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Varuna Gajendra

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cheekhiong

cheekhiong

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 13:53

Posted Image

Specs:
Indian-made ebonite pen. 7.1 inches capped, 5.7 inches uncapped. Clipless. Black Bakul finish, similar to Lamy 2000's Makrolon. Stainless steel, gold-coloured Wality nib (other options available). Eyedropper pen (approx 7ml) with option for converter. Screw cap, 6.5 turns to unscrew. Can't post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thoughts:
HUGE! Looks like torpedo without fins. Too much turns to unscrew. Smooth, wet writing with some feedback. Larger nib will be preferable. Comfortable writing.

Verdict:
Love it! Great value.

Available here (no affiliation, just a happy customer).

More babblings, pictures here.

Sponsored Content

#2 majorworks

majorworks

Paperback Writer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 15:20

I had a Gajendra in hand when I met Steve at the NYC Pen Show in October. It is one big honking pen. You could probably write the Great American Novel with it before it ran dry.

What ink do you have in the pen, if I may ask? My newest pen is a Varuna Rajan. My pen has the German upgrade nib in medium. I've got Baystate Blue in it at the moment and it is writing very dry. I blame the ink for that, though, and will change it out when I get a chance.
Happiness is an Indian ED!

#3 cheekhiong

cheekhiong

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 17:33

I had a Gajendra in hand when I met Steve at the NYC Pen Show in October. It is one big honking pen. You could probably write the Great American Novel with it before it ran dry.

What ink do you have in the pen, if I may ask? My newest pen is a Varuna Rajan. My pen has the German upgrade nib in medium. I've got Baystate Blue in it at the moment and it is writing very dry. I blame the ink for that, though, and will change it out when I get a chance.

Diamine Majestic Blue, a fantastic blue ink.

#4 Highbinder

Highbinder

Strange

• Member - Gold

• 1,008 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 19:27

I have one of the smaller models, they're great. I took the gold sheaffer nib option and I don't know what voodoo Steve worked over it but the nib writes so sweet, sends a slick tight line whipping across the paper.

I really like the ebonite, it's nice that you can specific the degree of 'roughness' to the pen. Mine is quite smooth but is developing a lovely feel to it.

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i 

#5 PauloC

PauloC

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:44

Hi!

I'm thinking about ordering one of these Varuna Gajendra. I'd like it to have a very good large nib (but I'm almost out of money and I won't be earning any for the next 3 months...) an I thought I would order it with the regular nib, and then I'd like to instal a Waterman Kultur nib (very cheap pens with very good (in my opinion) steel nibs...). I've never seen any of these Varuna in person. Do you think It will take the Waterman nib?

I hope you can help me with this question...

#6 kushbaby

kushbaby

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:57

Hi!

I'm thinking about ordering one of these Varuna Gajendra. I'd like it to have a very good large nib (but I'm almost out of money and I won't be earning any for the next 3 months...) an I thought I would order it with the regular nib, and then I'd like to instal a Waterman Kultur nib (very cheap pens with very good (in my opinion) steel nibs...). I've never seen any of these Varuna in person. Do you think It will take the Waterman nib?

Contact Steve at allwritenow - he can answer all of your questions.

I have two of these - one of the green and black ones with a custom italic Wality nib (with Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo) and one of the black bakul ones with a German gold nib (Broad) filled with Noodlers Baystate Blue. Great pens!!!! They hold a huge amount of ink!

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

#7 Highbinder

Highbinder

Strange

• Member - Gold

• 1,008 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2009 - 14:34

Hi!

PM steve and he can tell you what he has in stock. IIRC when I upgraded to the 14k lifetime nib it didn't cost much extra.

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i 

Sponsored Content

|