The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Acme "Dogs"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 16:22

I'd like to share my blog post on the Acme "Dogs" Fountain Pen.

Please see the full post with photos and links here: Featured Pen - Acme Dogs . Following is the text of the post:

Acme Design Company always makes me think of the Coyote and the Road Runner and all the boxes that the Coyote would receive that usually either blew him up, pounded him flat or blasted him into oblivion. Like those cartoons Acme is a very fun line of pens.

Please click on this link to read more about the story of Acme Studio.

Acme produces of wide range of writing instruments with wonderful designs. They are available from a wide range of vendors including Goldspot Pens, Swisher Pens and Pencity.

These pens are generally only available for purchase as a rollerball, which is how my pen started it's life, but the nib section and converter is available so that you may transform your favorite design into a fountain pen.

Of course, for me that design had to be Dogs by Nancy Wolff, but the pens range in design from Alphabet by Ron Dyer to Zorble Five by Marty Kenney, there simply is a pen for everyone here.

The fountain pen nib for this pen is only available as a medium, which many may not find acceptable but I'm ok with.

Click on writing sample to enlarge: (paper is Bloc Rhodia No 16)

Edited by Okami, 12 November 2009 - 16:24.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Sponsored Content

#2 Federmann

Federmann

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:17

(..)
The fountain pen nib for this pen is only available as a medium, which many may not find acceptable but I'm ok with.

(..)

Oh, in "F", I would buy one.

#3 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:14

I'd like to share my blog post on the Acme "Dogs" Fountain Pen.

Please see the full post with photos and links here: Featured Pen - Acme Dogs . Following is the text of the post:

Acme Design Company always makes me think of the Coyote and the Road Runner and all the boxes that the Coyote would receive that usually either blew him up, pounded him flat or blasted him into oblivion. Like those cartoons Acme is a very fun line of pens.

Please click on this link to read more about the story of Acme Studio.

Acme produces of wide range of writing instruments with wonderful designs. They are available from a wide range of vendors including Goldspot Pens, Swisher Pens and Pencity.

These pens are generally only available for purchase as a rollerball, which is how my pen started it's life, but the nib section and converter is available so that you may transform your favorite design into a fountain pen.

Of course, for me that design had to be Dogs by Nancy Wolff, but the pens range in design from Alphabet by Ron Dyer to Zorble Five by Marty Kenney, there simply is a pen for everyone here.

Click on writing sample to enlarge: (paper is Bloc Rhodia No 16)

cute pen saith the dog lover:) but must you buy a rollerball, Then pay for the conversion?
seems costly odd option? or is anyone selling these pre-assembled? C/C?

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#4 JayLo

JayLo

Another day in paradise

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 15:44

It is a fun pen. Bought the fountain pen about a year ago. I found it a bit heavier than expected and very manageable.

#5 Pontoufle

Pontoufle

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:26

I was just looking at this pen. If Acme had a F or XF nib option, I would have ordered it. Drat.

#6 Rogue Puppy

Rogue Puppy

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:48

Way cool!

#7 gross

gross

Success Nourishes Hope

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:49

Nice review. I, too, wish they made an extra fine nib for that beautiful pen. Thanks for the review.
-gross

Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

#8 need4news

need4news

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:42

Couldn't find much on the site about the Acme FL Wright collection. Received one for Xmas from someone who didn't know I'm a Lamy-Esterbrook fan.

Pen has a good weight and balance. I'll try to post a writing sample under the Reviews.

This is the "Playhouse".IMG_0698.JPG

Sponsored Content

|