Hi to All

patdoolan

:D Hi

Greetings from Dublin, Ireland.

I've always been a fan of fountain pens, but didn't realise (until today) that a network such as this existed. It's comforting that there are others out there also on the quest for the 'ultimate' writing tool.

There's something that you may be able to assist with me. I'm trying to locate a vendor who supplies oblique fountain pens. These can be quite difficult to locate.

Any assistance/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any other members from Ireland out there?

Thanks

Pat

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry

• southpaw

• mike1

• patdoolan

Welcome Pat. Good to see you here. Yes, there are people who can supply Oblique nibs - even people who will custom grind obliques on pens that you already have, provided the nibs can be properly modified. I won't bother listing all - they will likely respond, or if you're looking for a particular pen - try listing a WTB (Wanted to Buy) in the Marketplace.

Are there any Irish on the board? (grin) Well - of course. Take a wander down to chatter - aquaint yourself with Ruaidhri and enjoy....

Here's a post that should interest... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...ndpost&p=112829

Looking forward to your posts...

Gerry

It is always interesting to see who are fanciers of fountain pens and where they live. There are Irish here at FPN. There are those of us who also claim to be part Irish by way of our ancesters. My folks told me there is Irish back there somewhere but there is also English, Scot, Welsh and German all mixed together. Welcome.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hello and welcome aboard! As to the quest for the perfect pen, many of us started out on such, but have come to discover that no such beast exists. Rather, many very, very good pens exist, which is why we want to have quite a few around - to appreciate their different strengths and characteristics. See you around, and enjoy the hunt!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Are there any Irish on the board? (grin)  Well - of course.  Take a wander down to chatter - aquaint yourself with Ruaidhri and enjoy....

Here's a post that should interest...  https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...ndpost&p=112829

Warning

Things tend to "explode" around Ruaidhri. He seems to be a decent sort otherwise.

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

Welcome to FPN. I look forward to learning about your hunt for oblique-ness. :D

Andy

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

Hi Pat and welcome aboard the FPN! I know that Richard Binder does a first rate job when it comes to creating nibs of all kinds. I know he can help you find what your looking for.

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Welcome to FPN!

I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have.

Ruaidhri is from Dublin also, I love reading his posts! :ltcapd:

"'I will not say, "do not weep", for not all tears are an evil."