The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Novecento

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 youstruckgold

youstruckgold

Aspiring Omastery

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:39

Posted Image

FIRST IMPRESSION 8/10
MMMMMMMM

APPEARANCE/FINISH 9/10
What a beautiful pen! On this LE there is a lovely marriage of red/black ebonite with a beautiful Rose Gold nib, clip and bands. The Rose Gold wonderfully sets off the polished ebonite and makes this a beautiful ensemble.

DESIGN/SIZE/WEIGHT 7/10
The Novocento pens are of simple and effective (should have said elegant) design - nothing new here - only the pleasant marriage of colours. The size is good - although I must admit that I prefer the weight and balance when it's posted (yes, I'm sorry, but there you have it!) If you like a lighter pen, then unposted is for you.

NIB DESIGN & PERFORMANCE 7/10
Surprisingly, the Rose Gold LE is a 14K not 18K nib that you would expect. Nevertheless, this M nib wrote perfectly from the box - even so that my normal tendency to a F or XF hasn't been ignited. The nib is fairly rigid, with a good ink flow and minimal flex or variation.

FILLING SYSTEM 6/10
(boo-hoo) Cartridge/Converter - again a surprise and a bit of a disappointment for an LE (especially when my Etrurria and Vedo demonstrate that Stipula is quite capable of a good piston filler). But still serviceable and effective.

CONCLUSION37/50

A warm, beautiful italian that evokes writing in another era. A definite keeper! (a few improvements: piston, 18k nib with a bit of flex and mama mia!)

Edited by MYU, 06 December 2009 - 16:53.

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 yttl

yttl

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:52

wow! a great review of a great pen! that lack of piston is a disappointment, though... Once you start with pistons, there's no going back ;)

#3 troglokev

troglokev

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:38

Here's the image:

Posted Image

For a small charge, I'll let you know how that worked, Nic!

#4 youstruckgold

youstruckgold

Aspiring Omastery

• Member - Gold

• 1,493 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:57

One more time with feeling:
Posted Image
The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley
Posted Image

#5 troglokev

troglokev

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:02

That seems to have worked!

Nice pen, by the way: bring it up to Sydney some time!

#6 youstruckgold

youstruckgold

Aspiring Omastery

• Member - Gold

• 1,493 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:48

That seems to have worked!

Nice pen, by the way: bring it up to Sydney some time!

Thankyou, clearly will have to now that I owe you one! :)
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|