The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Bic Easy Clic mini-review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GreenVelvet

GreenVelvet

The Missive Maven

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:03

I just posted a mini review of the Bic Easy Clic fountain pen on my blog. It has a few photos and a brief conclusion, though unfortunately no writing samples. Full photos etc can be viewed on my blog entry, but the text of the review is as follows:

One of my very generous blog readers - in Turkey, no less! (I didn't even know I had regular blog readers in Turkey!) - sent me this Bic Easy Clic fountain pen. I had previously admired it when it was mentioned on The Fountain Pen Network, and bemoaned the fact that it was not available in the USA. So, he just sent me one!

Although pink is my least favorite color, this is a fantastic little pen. It differentiates itself on how simple it is to refill the cartridges, and this is indeed the case. It takes a short international cartridge (in the spirit of Halloween - I received this in mid-October - I decided to use a Diamine orange cartridge instead of the generic color - dark blue, maybe? - that was included with the pen) and once you can figure out how to pull the pen open (requires a specific sort of grip and pull), it's quite simple.

So you just drop the cartridge in, and then close the pen. It all fits beautifully, and seems quite leak-proof.

This is a small pen - here it is in my small hands for size comparison. I rather like that aspect of it; I prefer small pens.

I wish I had photographed a writing sample - this pen has a simple, medium line. It writes exceedingly smoothly for the price point, and starts up immediately. All in all, I'm incredibly pleased with this pen and absolutely tickled to have received it as a gift.

Full reivew

I am tempted to give a shout-out and credit the very generous FPN member who sent this to me, but I'll refrain from doing so in case he wants to preserve his anonymity.

Edited by GreenVelvet, 08 November 2009 - 01:04.

Sponsored Content

#2 alvarez57

alvarez57

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:04

That is such a cute starter pen! It's a pity they don't sell them here in the US. Would Amazon have it? You have given me ideas. Thanks for the review!

Edited by alvarez57, 08 November 2009 - 08:05.

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

#3 nicolasbdive

nicolasbdive

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:22

Quite generous indeed, what a wonderful group here at FPN. While it ABSOLUTELY doesn't suit my 'macho man'..lol...style sensibilities, it sure looks like a neat design for a simple FP. Enjoy!
-B.N.B-

"If there is no wind, row." ~Latin Proverb

Sponsored Content

|