Sheaffer marker pen with Tektor tip - retro fit

bonsaibill

Hello, can anyone advise as to whether a Sheaffer marker pen with Tektor tip can be retro fitted with any other roller ball or ball pen refill. Sheaffer UK and USA say they no longer sell refills for this pen. It is a very nice gold plated model and I would love to bring it back into everyday use but need some help. Thanks

PS I am still having troubel uploading images. I tried a link to flickr but that does not work either!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• njagota

• brownargus

• bonsaibill

The section for pens that use the Tektor tip are different than those that use the Classic type rollerball. Sheaffer should be able to exchange the sections for you so the pen can use the current Classic Rollerball refills, which is your only choice now.

Cheers,

Jim Mamoulides

www.PenHero.com

• 1 year later...

Can't the tektor cartridges be refilled? I got the top off of the one I got in the mail today. Rinsed it endlesly, ink came out, filled it with washable blue. But no joy, Tip is dry, perhaps no wicking action? Regards, Nimesh

• 1 month later...

I had a Sheaffer Targa gold slimline designed for Tektor refills which haven't been available for some years. I tried to fit a pen nib section from a similar Targa slimline but it didn't fit correctly. So I contacted Sheaffer in the UK and they offered to convert the pen to take roller ball refills which they said was possible. I returned the pen to them and they made the conversion FOC including two refills. Excellent service for a 30 year old product.

John

Favourite pens in my collection (in alpha order): Caran d'Ache Ecridor Chevron F and Leman Black/Silver F; Parker 51 Aerometric M and F; Parker 61 Insignia M, Parker Duofold Senior F; Platinum #3776 Century M; Sailor 1911 Black/Gold 21 Kt M; Sheaffer Crest Palladium M/F; Sheaffer Prelude Silver/Palladium Snakeskin Pattern F; Waterman Carene Deluxe Silver F

• 3 weeks later...

I gave up on this quest a month back. I came into a mint flighter with Tektor tip and looked hard for replacements. Otherwise, it looked likt a Triumph. Then I came into a nice left oblique nib for a Triumph. I screwed it in it fit perfectly, and voila I have a mint Triumph now with a cool left oblique nib!

However, I conversed with a member on here who was trying to track down an aftermarket company that had tektor refills. He was holding out hope, but I dont know if he was successful. I could try to put you in touch with him if you are desperate.

Regards, Nimesh

I gave up on this quest a month back. I came into a mint flighter with Tektor tip and looked hard for replacements. Otherwise, it looked likt a Triumph. Then I came into a nice left oblique nib for a Triumph. I screwed it in it fit perfectly, and voila I have a mint Triumph now with a cool left oblique nib!

However, I conversed with a member on here who was trying to track down an aftermarket company that had tektor refills. He was holding out hope, but I dont know if he was successful. I could try to put you in touch with him if you are desperate.

Regards, Nimesh

I am satisfied with the Gold Targa with the roller ball. I have found a slimline SS Targa and I may try to get that converted. If Tektor refills or other compatibles turn up, I would be interested.

John

Favourite pens in my collection (in alpha order): Caran d'Ache Ecridor Chevron F and Leman Black/Silver F; Parker 51 Aerometric M and F; Parker 61 Insignia M, Parker Duofold Senior F; Platinum #3776 Century M; Sailor 1911 Black/Gold 21 Kt M; Sheaffer Crest Palladium M/F; Sheaffer Prelude Silver/Palladium Snakeskin Pattern F; Waterman Carene Deluxe Silver F

Can't the tektor cartridges be refilled? I got the top off of the one I got in the mail today. Rinsed it endlesly, ink came out, filled it with washable blue. But no joy, Tip is dry, perhaps no wicking action? Regards, Nimesh

I really don't think so. At some point the material used to wick the ink becomes too saturated. This is the same problem with any felt tip type pen, which is why you don't see any refillable ones. Even the ones made decades ago had replaceable felt tips.

Edited by PenHero

• 11 years later...

Resurrecting this Necro post.  I bought a handful of nice No Nonsense Bicentennial pens from 1976.  1976 was the year I got married and started my career so i had reasons to buy.  But I could not fit a refill.  Fortunately one of them had a corroded refill.  Once I cleaned it up I could read Tektor tip and then I came to this post.  I tried a fountain pen section but the body did not leave room for the cartridge.

The Tektor refill looks just like the rollerball refill.  Except the tip is .075 inch diameter instead of .107 inch diameter of the rollerball refill. I checked and found that the 7/64 (.109 inch) drill bit cleared the rollerball refill.  I drilled a section nose cone out by hand and fitted a rollerball refill and it was in business.  20 minutes later all 4 had rollerball refills.  

One nice set of No Nonsense Bicentennials turned into useful pens again.

Jon The Eclectic Penner