The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Leather Pen Cases

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 blopplop

blopplop

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 18:26

PM sent for 1-black, 1-brown.

Dave
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#42 BramvdB

BramvdB

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:21

I received my case yesterday! Lovely!! Beautiful case!
Looking forward to the 3 slot version!! And maybe purchasing some other colours as well!

Happy New Years eve to all (or old years eve as we say in Dutch) :-)

#43 safetyfast

safetyfast

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 13:48

Received my two yesterday. Very nice. Good value. Not a complaint, but I would mention that the cases I received have stitching the same color as the leather, not the white stitching depicted.

Edited by safetyfast, 31 December 2009 - 13:54.

#44 kelvinaston2000

kelvinaston2000

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 16:59

Hello, again. Just seen the pictures of the Pen cases you have for sale. I would like two in the Brown colour. I was hoping you still had some in stock? Kind regards Kelvinaston2000
Life is not a dress rehearsal!

#45 BramvdB

BramvdB

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 18:30

Received my two yesterday. Very nice. Good value. Not a complaint, but I would mention that the cases I received have stitching the same color as the leather, not the white stitching depicted.

Reading your post made me look at my case again. Indeed it is not the white stitching. No complaints here! But am hoping the 3pen version will have the white stitching ;-)

#46 ashishwakhlu

ashishwakhlu

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 18:37

I'll ensure white stitching friends. regards

Ashish

#47 21November

21November

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:46

I'll ensure white stitching friends. regards

Ashish

hi there Ashish, I'm wondering...since stitching colour has varied with some...if you take special requests eg any chance of red or yellow stitching on the black...at extra cost even? Cheers Paul.

#48 Rae

Rae

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:22

My two 2-pen cases finally arrived today - yay!

The brown one is much more "red" than I expected, but that's not a problem at all as I really like it. Both seem well made and I look forward to using them!

If I were purchasing more (which is quite a possibility if a 3-pen version comes out), then personally I would prefer to have a choice of contrasting or complementary coloured stitching.

Many thanks, Ashish. :thumbup:

#49 ashishwakhlu

ashishwakhlu

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 16:58

Thanks Rae, very sorry that your cases were delayed. As regards the stitching friends, some of these cases are polished after making, especially if the sheen of the leather gets buffed during handling, (the manufacture is completely by hand), this buries the colour of the stitching thread. But I have passed on the preference for contrast stiching to the craftsperson and hope to have it to your liking. Regarding coloured thread (orange, yellow) on black, please give me time to enquire and get back.

regards

Ashish

#50 whereisandy

whereisandy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 16:15

My two cases arrived today and I have to agree that the brown is more of a burgundy. I'm not crazy about the color but for the price and quality of the case I'll live with it. However, I love the black case!

I'll be interested in the 3 pen case when they become available.

Thanks!

#51 21November

21November

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:35

Ashish, thank you for taking the time to check on availability of other coloured stitching. I'd wanted to see if I could get a black one with yellow stitching for a friend...otherwise I join others in looking forward to the 3 pen version. Cheers...paul

#52 mirabilis

mirabilis

"Lush, plush and gooey."

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 00:50

Hi Ashish, thanks for the burgundy (brown) case. Shipping was fast, and I love the case! I would be extremely interested in a three or four pen case (cos I carry loads of pens around). I wonder if there is a scarlet/navy/dark green version available :)

#53 buffalowings

buffalowings

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:42

got anymore for sale? if so, I'm interested
would these cases be too big for my pelikan m200 and pilot vanishing point?
could the fabric scratch the pens? I had to ask, I'm just that paranoid

Edited by buffalowings, 15 January 2010 - 01:46.

I'm a little hot potato right meow
"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"
I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

#54 pmorin

pmorin

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:02

I ordered a brown and black case from Ashish, and they arrived today. WOW. :cloud9: They are great looking and well made. They were packaged nicely in cello bags to keep them clean, and from rubbing against each other during shipping as well. A lot of very nice little touches for a high end product at a very very good price.

I was expecting the contrasting white thread as shown above, but to be honest I am thrilled that it isn't. The brown is definetly more of a red/burgundy, but I prefer the colour - it has a lot more life to it in my opinion. I expect some variation to colour/finish with natural leather products anyway.

My largest pen is a Molteni Curukova Collezione LE (I would say around the size of a MB 149, perhaps a touch larger) and it fits easily. A Visconti Art Nouveau and Divina Midi fit easily with room for comfort.

I also want to mention that Ashish has provided phenomenal customer service and follow up with very quick response times.

buffalowings: I tried my VP (Rhodium) in the case, and it is a nice fit. There is ample room, but it does not look lost or oversized. My M400 or Parker 51 have more than enough room, but don't look like they're lost either. I'll be ordering some 3 pen cases for sure (and maybe more 2 pen as well).

Ashish,
Not sure if you want to offer contrasting stitching and blended stitching. I myself like the look of the blended stitching on mine, but the option would be nice. I'm pretty sure you would get orders for both (although it would complicate things a bit).
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
- Douglas Adams
Posted Image         Posted Image     Posted Image

#55 plinius

plinius

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:37

Hi,

I have paid on 25 Dec 09, but I have yet to receive the 2 pen cases I ordered. PM you but no reply from you.

Pls reply to my PM.

Thank you.

#56 ashishwakhlu

ashishwakhlu

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 13:38

Please send me another PM, I have mailed all cases for which payment was made on or after 25th December on 1st or 2nd Of January due to postal holidays at year end. It takes 14 working days for the cases to reach on an average may be longer due to beginning of the year. Once I get your pm I can e mail you the receipt number of the registered parcel. thanks.

#57 ekessel

ekessel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 16:17

Are these still available?

-Eric

#58 ashishwakhlu

ashishwakhlu

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 18:00

Three colours, black brown and beige avaialble.

best

Ashish

-Eric

#59 suttong

suttong

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 18:18

Three colours, black brown and beige avaialble.

best

Ashish

-Eric

Do these have a belt loop you can secure it to? I am new to fountain pens and am curious how these are secured and carried with daily use.

#60 ashishwakhlu

ashishwakhlu

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 18:24

The case does not have a belt loop, they go into the shirt pocket, briefcase, laptop bag or purse. You can also carry ballpoints, rollerballs and mechanical pencils in them.

best

Ashish

Sponsored Content

|