Carter's Ink Cubes

gregamckinney

Good afternoon-

I have received a couple requests for pics of some of the cubes in my collection. I put them up on my site.

WARNING,

due to the way this page is constructed, it is very heavy and slow to load. The good news, though, is that once you have loaded all the thumbnail images, you have also loaded all the full-size images.

http://gergyor.com/cubes2.htm

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who collects Cubes and/or has info on the versions made. The little I know about the ink cubes is purely from observation as I've acquired them.

Best regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gregamckinney

• pen2paper

• lapis

• krz

I braved dialup speed, and an ancient Powerbook, but it was worth it! I didn't know about the Carter's cubes. The old graphics are great! :)

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

• 9 years later...

These are really stunning. Thank you for posting these. I'm enjoying them a lot, even though I was slow to find the topic.

These are really stunning. Thank you for posting these. I'm enjoying them a lot, even though I was slow to find the topic.

Thanks AD64!

greg

Stunning collection. I love that type of page construction. Where did you get all of the cubes?

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Sorry Greg.. I will have to request that the one "Made in Canada" gets returned to us canucks. The proper Canadian authorities have been notified.. ;)

Awesome Collection !!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Stunning collection. I love that type of page construction. Where did you get all of the cubes?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Nearly all from trolling eBay. Also picked up a couple from Pendemonium. Sam (co-owner of Pendemonium) is a big bottle collector and they have a great stock of vintage inks and bottles.

Best Regards, greg

Sorry Greg.. I will have to request that the one "Made in Canada" gets returned to us canucks. The proper Canadian authorities have been notified.. ;)

Awesome Collection !!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks. :)

Collecting Canadian variants (especially where the bottle is otherwise identical) was a big time slippery slope when it came to searching out more and more bottles.

But that is part of what this madness is all about.

Best, greg

Hi Mike,

Nearly all from trolling eBay. Also picked up a couple from Pendemonium. Sam (co-owner of Pendemonium) is a big bottle collector and they have a great stock of vintage inks and bottles.

Best Regards, greg

Thanks, Greg. Haven't looked at that site for a long time. Last time I did, I could have sworn that Carter's cubes weren't there....

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Hi Mike,

Best Regards, greg

Nice to see Carter's getting attention again. Greg do you have any of the Coltrock Carter inkcube inkstations?

The bottles look call and I enjoy the names. Did you have any ink left in some of the cubes?

Very few of them. I think those caps must not have provided very good seals. Mostly dried ink dust in them. Also quite a few rusted caps, so afraid to try to reconstitute the ink.

greg

Nice to see Carter's getting attention again. Greg do you have any of the Coltrock Carter inkcube inkstations?

One of each so I could set up an example. Not set up at the moment, but neat at the time.

Best, greg

Did they come with any original paperwork stating Colt Plastics, and or made of Coltrock?

Sadly, no.

greg