• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shangas

• skybird

• Parker Pete

• shrinknib

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you meet. I am traveling to Melbourne from the United States and will be in the area on 13 April. Could someone from the states join your meeting for the day?

Best regards,

John

Hi John.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend. If you can make it on the 13th, then the details are:

The Tower Hotel.

686 BURWOOD ROAD,

Hawthorn

Melbourne

(Postcode) 3123

We start at 6:30pm and have dinner there, and then just chat and show and tell and discuss stuff. Or we might have a speaker (depending on what's going on). And then finish around 9:30/10:00pm (or whenever they beg us to leave!!)

Just go straight into the main dining-room and look around for a group of guys and girls with writing equipment (pens, paper, ink-bottles, antiques, etc) scattered all over the table. That'll be us.

Edited by Shangas

http://www.throughouthistory.com/ - My Blog on History & Antiques

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pen People,

We will meet at the Tower Hotel Hawthorn Bistro 6.30pm for a meal & 7.30 on this coming Monday 13th April. We have John A. giving a demonstration & talk on pen repair. Also we may have an international guest (via FPN). Look forward to seeing you all. My apologies re the late notification.
Cheers,

Peter & Max

Thank you to everyone who made an appearance at last night's meeting for April. We had such a large turnout!! We almost ran out of space!

Thanks to John for his discussion on the trials and tribulations of repairing fountain pens.

And thanks to Pam for showing me how to disassemble my antique propelling pencil! It worked!

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to the locals!

I've only recently moved to Melbourne from Brisbane so am very new to things down here. Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into the local scene - recommendations for local shops, groups, etc.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers again to Shangas for putting me onto this thread!

All the best,

Mike :D

Mike :D

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Welcome to Melbourne, MikeyW. We look forward to seeing you at our bi-monthly meetings. What aspects of fountain pens is your interest?

Hi Sundrah,

Melbourne Pen Group is a truely dispatate group of individuals with a common bond in the love of fountain pens. The younger members bring the "enthusiasm of youth", the older people often bring experience /knowledge to the group, we also cover a range of professions, backgrounds & culture, reflecting modern Australian society. I think it would be very evident, if you came to one of our small & casual meetings, that we all get the greatest pleasure from sharing our passion, weather in our presentations to the group (generally world class & from ancient roots of pen & ink to the latest offerings & anythinginbetween or related). Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers.

PS Shangas is an honoury old fart!!!

• 3 weeks later...

In the past two days, I've received two telephone calls on this, so...

The next meeting of the Melbourne Pen Group is...

Monday, the 10th of August.

Tower Hotel, Burwood Road, Hawthorn.

6:30pm.

For the greater part of three months I have been in Avignon therefore missed making plans to attend the June meeting;

yet it seems no reportage of this meeting?

Did it actually occur, what was discussed?

What might be the topic for discussion, guest speaker, for the August meeting?

Regards.

I'm sorry that I missed it.

I was too ill to risk passing on my bug to my friends.

Now I am better than I was on Monday, but still not fully recovered.

I look forward to seeing you all in October.

Cheers to all.

Hello,
Are there ever any meet ups in melbourne city and will there be any small meet ups this month? I missed out on monday due to school.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there was, once upon a time, but I'm not aware of any such clubs currently existing. So far as I know, the Melbourne one is the only one which meets with any regularity, which is every two months.