Your Current Top 5 Pens

Rafal

Inked and ready 2 go

Sheaffer Targa - Sheaffer Black

Parker 45 - black Parker Quink

Sheaffer Cartridge Pen with red clear body - set-up as an eyedropper with Levenger Cardinal Red

Hero 336 red body - Levenger Cardinal Red

Hero 330 green body - PR DC Supershow Green

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• jar

• rinellatony

• Cryptos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those that I have:

1. MB 149
  2. MG Comopolitan Arabian LE
  3. Cross Townsend Lapis Lazuli
  4. Parker Duofold Blue Marble
  5. Sailor 1911 Music

Those that I want:

1. Pilot Custom 845 / 823
  2. MG Privelege Art Deco
  3. Omas 360
  4. Paelikan M1000 / M800
  5. MB Solitair White Metal Series

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

Hi

Today but may differ tomorrow:-

1) Duofold Mosaic with a nice stub nib courtesy of Oxonian

2) M200 Red Demo with a CI nib by Oxonian

3) CS 58 with a stub nib

4) English Duofold Senior

5) Burgundy Vac Major with a OM nib

At the moment I am into line variation, beauty of the Pelikan nib and modern Duofold nib is that they fit several of my other pens, so I can vary the actual pen whilst retaining the nib.

Andy

Back in 2009 when I responded to this I had four pens inked at the time and so they were my favorites.

Interestingly I have four pens inked today as well, two Sheaffer Legacy series and two from the Montegrappa Classica series and so they are my favorites.

No particular order:

Webster, black lever filler (XF flex 14k)

Nemosine Singularity demonstrator (F steel)

Edison Pearl (0.6mm CI two-tone steel)

frankenpen (Hero M86 calligraphy nib + Noodler's flex clear demonstrator)

Parker Vacumatic, azure pearl (F semiflex)

Bexley Corona Summer Sunset F

Sailor 1911 Large M

Edison Nouveau Premiere Cherry Cordial LE (#1 of 100) F

Noodler's Ahab Black

Lamy Safari Blue F or 1.1 (the one that started the madness for me and my true "grail" pen)

I'm on the prowl for big pens now. Edison Herald Grande, Montblanc 149, Pelikan M1000, Sailor King of Pen, and a Noodler's Neponset with music nib. :puddle:

Pilot 823 fine (smoke) Almost perfect???

Lamy 2000 fine. It is a work of art.

Pliot VP fine (navy blue). Smooth and great for short bursts of writing.

Sailor 1911 medium size, medium nib (Black with chrome accents). Looks great and smooth. I should have bought fine.

Pilot Custom 74 medium (burgundy). It looks great and feels great. Again should have bought fine. Nib modification a possibility.

1) Nakaya Piccolo Writer in Aka-tamenuri w/ music nib

2) TWSBI Micarta w/ medium nib

3) Vanishing Point w/ medium nib

4) Edison Hudson w/ medium nib

5) Edison Encore w/ fine nib

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

1. Wyvern Perfect Pen - smooth, lovely writer. Beautiful to boot.

2. Ernex (German student pen piston-filler)- hooded nib, another lovely writer

3. Parker 51 Special

4. Inkograph (50's lever-filler) - cheap-ish model from the tail end of the company but a terrific writer

5.Sears Roebuck (Sheaffer) cartridge filler - a nail but a lovely smooth writer. And pretty, in an industrial 50's way.

Rick B.

Lamy 2000 (F)

MB 146 (M)

Pilot Capless Decimo (F)

Pilot Custom 823 (M)

Pelikan M400 (0.4mm CI)

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

Today's top 5 would be:

-Nakaya decapod cigar aka tamenuri custom 0.5mm CI nib inked with Diamine eau de Nil

-Nakaya neo standard heki tamenuri standard broad nib inked with Platinum black

-Onoto Magna 261 standard medium nib inked with Diamine majestic blue

-Modern CS100 in nebula standard fine nib inked with Diamine violet

-Pelikan M800 green standard fine nib inked with Diamine teal.

• 4 years later...

These are my top 5 in no particular order.

Visconti Mecca HRH: this was a gift from my first man.

Visconti Dance of Time: I always fill this pen up in red because it has the unicorn heart.

Namiki Yukari Moonlight :I always find that this pen gets the most looks when I'm at work

Classic Pens LB5 :the Pen Habit really liked this pen so I thought I would try one and I loves the smooth medium looks and the Kaen finish.

Montblanc Solitaire Blue Hour :my first good fountain pen and this was my grail pen for years after Masuyama grounded the nib into a fine italic.

My runner up is the Montegrappa Extra 1930 with a fine nib.

Edited by DSmithFPN

Ooh crikey! I have four that I take to School with me.

1. Pilot 823 in amber with a fine nib - what a fabulous pen this is - filled with Iroshizuku Tsukiyo

2. Pilot 912 with an FA nib - filled with Iroshizuku Shinkai.

3. Franklin Christoph Stabilis 66 with a medium Masuyama italic nib - filled with Diamine Teal

4. Italix Parson's Essential with a fine cursive italic nib - currently on red ink duty.

The Italix is there as it was a gift... and I always feel guilty about not using gifts! However, it is unsuited to the current task so I am thinking of replacing it with either a Pilot Decimo (less likely) or Pilot Elabo (more likely). And I may add a Lamy 2K ef for black ink duty at some stage.

Oooh, zombie resurrection. Opportunity.

Back in 2009 when I responded to this I had four pens inked at the time and so they were my favorites.

Interestingly I have four pens inked today as well, two Sheaffer Legacy series and two from the Montegrappa Classica series and so they are my favorites.

Now, another four years later we can track jar again :)

I have yet to ink all of the pens I own, and have some more coming (Onotos and a Dupont) before I settle down (I hope!) so this is a limited view. Some pens which are excluded from assessment include Waterman Edson, MB149 and a bunch of Man 100 Patricians as well as a couple of older pens. That caveat given, here is my selection of five from a dozen, in alphabetical order.

Lamy 2000. Being exceptionally practical, this would be my 'one pen' to argue all round.

Lamy Imporium. Not being so practical, I would have this instead.

Onoto 3050. Stunningly silky writer! And I like the serviceable technology.

Waterman 0552. Really, the above pens are better writers, but this is so good and looks classically attractive, not merely extravagant.

Waterman Le Man 100 (Opera, in this instance). I am looking forward to some other Le Man pens, because this one is great, as a writer and in appearance.

X

Could have sworn I posted in this old thread before, although not as far back as 2009 or 2012. But no, perhaps there was a top 6 thread, and I don't know how consistent I'll be, but for this point in 2016 the list would be:

• Pilot Custom Heritage 92, FM nib.
  • Pilot Falcon, SM nib.
  • Montblanc Noblesse. Nib reground to .6 mm by Greg MInuskin.
  • Lamy 2000, F nib.
  • Waterman's 12 PSF.

Plenty of other pens back there yelling, "hey, whaddya mean I'm not in your top 5?" I could do a top 12 with considerable confidence. Top 20 would be no problem at all.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

This makes me wonder whether, perhaps I should ink my Waterman 0552 and use it. It just sits in the pen case, having been inherited from my dad some 25 years ago.

I've been using only my newly-acquired pens for too long.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Oooh, zombie resurrection. Opportunity.

Now, another four years later we can track jar again :)

Only two inked right now, both Nakayas, a Portable Writer and a Piccolo.

http://www.fototime.com/6D2FA537CEFE35C/large.jpg

But just put away a Yard-o-Led Smythson standard and Aurora Hastil. Once I empty the two Nakayas I will likely root around for something that hasn't gotten out to play in a long time. Maybe a Man 100 or Opera, or a Gentleman but likely a couple Waterman pens.

1/ Italix Parson's Essential - everytime I picjk this pen up, I wonder why I put it down in the 1st place.

2/ Lamy 2000 - had it for just a month and it writes well - piston fillers seem to make life simpler life somehow. You put your favourite ink into it - and when it runs out - you put your favourite ink into it again. A comfortable writer.

3/ Visconti Rembrandt (red) beautiful colour, and nib has a beautiful flourish.

4/ Tombow Object 101 - had this pen for 9 years now, and the nib has worn down to osuit my hand. It was toothy to start with but over the years has improved. My holiday pen - loaded with Waterman South Seas Blue (or whtever its called these days).

5/ Caran D'Ache 849 with fine black refill - I write a lot of postcards, and do lots of dancing. Not all postcards are fountain pen ink friendly, and jigging does not do much for fountain pens with delicate constitutions. So I have one of these stashed in a pocket which means I can write stuff with no fear of leakage. It's a doozy.

• Waterman Man 100 Opera, Black
  • Waterman Elegance, Ivory
  • Waterman 3V, Claret
  • Waterman Gentleman, Burgundy
  • Waterman Gentleman, Burgundy (I have two of them)

I do have pens made by other manufacturers, but I enjoy all my Watermans more than any of my other pens.

Currently...

http://i.imgur.com/lh4vLms.jpg

Top to bottom:

Waterman red ripple safety. There's no number on it but it has a nice springy No.4 nib so I'll call it a 44.

Whytwarth safety with stub nib. I enjoy the ritual of safety pens, and these two are great writers.

Desiderata twist filler with a vintage dip nib (J C Aikin No.5). It's a needlepoint with flex. I use it mainly for sketching.

Swan SF1 woodgrain. Tiny ladies pen with soft NY flex nib. It's been constantly inked since I bought and repaired it several years ago.

Aikin Lambert No.6 dip nib in an unnamed gold-filled and rosewood(?) holder. Exciting and expressive nib.

http://i.imgur.com/utQ9Ep9.jpg