• Sailor King of Pen Pro Gear
  • Pelikan M1000
  • Sheaffer Pen For Men III
  • Montblanc 24 oblique
  • Geha 790 w/ flexy oblique
Which one would you kick out of bed?

45912497211_dae0bd9f51_k.jpg

Going to cut yourself a quill?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• jar

• rinellatony

• Cryptos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, exactly, none of my pens are this good :P

My favourites in possession are probably:

Faber Castell e-motion

Faber Castell Loom

Wing sung 6359

Hero 565

Wing sung 329

I have a Lamy 2000 but the M grind is made to write at an upright angle and I prefrr to write at shallower angles.

Edited by MuddyWaters

1. Parker 51 aero, in XF

2. Pilot vanishing point (handy for meetings

3.TWSBI 580

4. Parker 51 aero Demi in fine

5. TWSBI Vac Mini

1. Pelikan m805 Stresemann, EF

2. Pelikan m450, M

3. Omas Paragon (from the 90s) EF

4. Platinum Carbon Desk EF

5. Pelikan m205 aquamarine EF

... for the moment 😊

Chiara

I keep coming back to my pilot justus 95. I don't know why. It's just so satisfying and seems to be getting more flexible with age.

Lamy 2000 EF

Wing sung 698 with a pilot italic.

Delike alpha with a 14k eversharp manifold EF nib

And my new pilot 823 FA w/ ebonite feed.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Hmm, tough question. Here are my current favorites:

1. Pelikan M600: one of several, which I rotate and use daily: Green o'Green, EF

2. Aurora Optima: Blue, chrome trim, F

3. GvFC Classic Macassar, F

4. Another Pelikan: M620 New York, EF

5. Pelikan m101n brown tortoise, F

Why are they my favorites? I love the way the nib writes (Pelikans are a bit soft, wet, consistent), they offer variety in weight and fit in my hand well. In terms of design, I love the M600 white tortoise and turquoise-white too, but the current nibs I have on them are only okay.

Edited by oregano

Currently;

1. Edison Collier (got a few) - lovely big but light pens, super comfortable, concave section, look a million dollars.

2. Pelikan 200 (black at the moment but my real love is the demonstrators) - springy steel nibs, the BB on the highlighter yellow is a marvellous piece of fun too.

3. Platinum 3776 dark briar. Crisper nib than I usually like, terrific pen, wood.

4. Waterman man 100 briar. Fantastic soft buttery nib, wood, a really distinguished pen.

5. Guider zimbo, red. Vacumatic styling, wicked colour. Could do with a better nib.

But I have plenty of other pens, and generally, my favourites are always the ones on my desk right now. It's time I went to take some others out of the pen box to fall in love with them all over again.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Montblanc 144, bordeaux, fine

Montblanc 144, black, extra fine

Parker 51 midnight blue

Sheaffer imperial, inlaid extra fine, Holly cap 1996

Sheaffer school pen, green translucent, fine

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I have many pens (>80) but kept only 10 inked and the rest stored. I would then forget about those (big reason why I kept on buying new pens *sigh).
In recent memory, my top 5 would be

• regular Lamy 2k M nib (it wrote dry, and it had a lucky fall and it wrote wet and smooth after I straighten it)
  • vintage Lamy 99 with BB nib (some strong feedback but the flow and the stubbish nib is so enjoyable)
  • vintage Parker 75 gold plated with B nib (very nice wet flow, a joy to write)
  • Wing Sung 601 F nib (solid construction, nice weight and very smooth to write)
  • PenBBS 456 F nib (a little dry, but very nice acrylic and vac filling works well)

Today I would say:

Lamy 2000 - F nib

MB 146 - F nib

Parker 51 Demi Plum - M nib

Pelikan 100N - M nib

Pelikan M600 (old style) M nib

1. 3 Pilots: CH912 (PO), CH92 (F), and Falcon (SEF)

2. 3 Nakaya Piccolo Cigars: kuro tamenuri (F), unpolished shu (Platium UEF), heki tamenuri (ruthenium-plated F)

3. Danitrio Komori (steel F/PO from fpnibs)

So, three brands, seven pens -- either two short or two over. That sounds about right.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Currently;

1. Edison Collier (got a few) - lovely big but light pens, super comfortable, concave section, look a million dollars.

2. Pelikan 200 (black at the moment but my real love is the demonstrators) - springy steel nibs, the BB on the highlighter yellow is a marvellous piece of fun too.

3. Platinum 3776 dark briar. Crisper nib than I usually like, terrific pen, wood.

4. Waterman man 100 briar. Fantastic soft buttery nib, wood, a really distinguished pen.

5. Guider zimbo, red. Vacumatic styling, wicked colour. Could do with a better nib.

But I have plenty of other pens, and generally, my favourites are always the ones on my desk right now. It's time I went to take some others out of the pen box to fall in love with them all over again.

I have a Le Man100 but each time I come across a wood version I can't stop salivating, really good looking pens.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I have a few "higher end" pens but to me it's about which one brings out the best in inks, so I enjoy using even a lowly Lamy Vista because it makes Équinoxe 6 look great. Somehow Lie de Thé and Ina Ho get along well with my two Parker Sonnets, which have always had problems with every other ink, so I'm finally able to enjoy using them. Even my Platinum Cool is getting a lot more use thanks to Aonibi.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Difficult question... Now

Pilot Custom 845 M Blue Urushi

Classic Pens CP7 Pacific M

Parker Duofold DNA M

Montblanc 1466 M

Pelikan M800 Cherry blossom M

Hmmmm.

Always subject to change, but as of right now:

1. Parker Duofold Centennial with a factory fine italic nib

2. Pelikan M805 Demonstrator, engraved version with an extra fine nib

3. Platinum President, medium nib ground to cursive italic by John Mottishaw

4. Aurora Optima Rossa with a fine nib

5. Sailor Pro Gear Classic with a medium nib ground to cursive italic by John Mottishaw

Four of these five were selected because I love the nibs.

My prettiest pen would be a toss up between two Pelikan's, either the M805 Vibrant Blue or the M805 Stone Garden.