The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Another Lamy Safari Review

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2009 - 14:54

I'd like to share my new blog post on the Lamy Safari.

Please see the full post with photos and links here: Featured Pen: Featured Pen - Lamy Safari. Following is the text of the post:

So, what can I say different about a pen which has been reviewed to death?

Begin edit: As the result of some comments received I have decided to expand my review to actually include a review:

The Safari is a durable, comfortable and extremely smooth writer. I comes in a variety of colors so everyone should be able to find one they can live with. I have more that one because I like the option of a variety of nibs and don't want to be constantly changing the nib on one pen.

If I have one complaint it is that the pen does not come standard with an ink converter. You have to purchase the converter seperately and not all of the vendors carry it.

On the plus side you can buy different nibs ranging from XF to 1.9mm calligraphy and the Lamy nib is a breeze to change. Also, the same nibs fit the Al Star and Vista pens.

I previously owned a Lamy mechanical pencil but was resistant to the pens, but after all the rave reviews I gave in and purchased my first Safari, now I have three (I think that actually constitutes a pack rather than a herd). End edit

Don't just take my word for it, the Lamy Safari is a workhorse plus and has positive reviews all over the web. Look at the other reviews and then buy a Lamy! This is a great entry level pen since it is priced under $30.

There are no less than 20 reviews of this pen on the Fountain Pen Network which may be read in this thread - just click on the L and scroll down to Safari. These reviews have been completed by knowledgeable people such as Stephanie from The Spiritual Evolution of the Bean and Woodworker from InkyJournal and John Johnston over at Coffee-Stained Memos.

So enjoy the photos - Lime Green, Pink and Grey - with a range of nibs, .9 mm italic, fine and OM - plus I have a spare medium and 1.5mm calligraphy nib.

Click on writing sample to enlarge

Edited by Okami, 22 October 2009 - 17:46.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|