Another Lamy Safari Review

Okami

I'd like to share my new blog post on the Lamy Safari.

Please see the full post with photos and links here: Featured Pen: Featured Pen - Lamy Safari. Following is the text of the post:

So, what can I say different about a pen which has been reviewed to death?

Begin edit: As the result of some comments received I have decided to expand my review to actually include a review:

The Safari is a durable, comfortable and extremely smooth writer. I comes in a variety of colors so everyone should be able to find one they can live with. I have more that one because I like the option of a variety of nibs and don't want to be constantly changing the nib on one pen.

If I have one complaint it is that the pen does not come standard with an ink converter. You have to purchase the converter seperately and not all of the vendors carry it.

On the plus side you can buy different nibs ranging from XF to 1.9mm calligraphy and the Lamy nib is a breeze to change. Also, the same nibs fit the Al Star and Vista pens.

I previously owned a Lamy mechanical pencil but was resistant to the pens, but after all the rave reviews I gave in and purchased my first Safari, now I have three (I think that actually constitutes a pack rather than a herd). End edit

Don't just take my word for it, the Lamy Safari is a workhorse plus and has positive reviews all over the web. Look at the other reviews and then buy a Lamy! This is a great entry level pen since it is priced under $30.

There are no less than 20 reviews of this pen on the Fountain Pen Network which may be read in this thread - just click on the L and scroll down to Safari. These reviews have been completed by knowledgeable people such as Stephanie from The Spiritual Evolution of the Bean and Woodworker from InkyJournal and John Johnston over at Coffee-Stained Memos.

So enjoy the photos - Lime Green, Pink and Grey - with a range of nibs, .9 mm italic, fine and OM - plus I have a spare medium and 1.5mm calligraphy nib.

Click on writing sample to enlarge

Edited by Okami

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Okami

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic