• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maia

• kissing

• Dillo

• Apollo

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...they seem to have redesigned the Vector into the Vector2 and eliminated the Reflex. The rubberized grip must be out of style, as both the Vector2 and Dimonite lack it.

[edit: forgot a word]

Edited by JeffTL

they also got rid of the Jotter, and looks like they stopped production of the Parker 45.....

Smooth marketing, I would have to download Flash to see the site. Downloading Flash is one of the things I am loath to do. I wonder where their Parker lines marketing guy went to school.

Any how, if you go to the SITE map redirection at the bottom of the page, "JOTTER" is still listed.

I did not see the "45" listed on the Site Map which may be because they actually ended production or the site is not finished.

YMMV

they also got rid of the Jotter, and looks like they stopped production of the Parker 45.....

They do have the Jotter! It's listed at the bottom of the "Parker Pens" menu under "Perfomance Pens" (read: low end). They only have the metal versions listed, though.

I too stumbled on the new Parker site the 4th of July, but I didn't realize how new it really was until I saw this thread. The site looks really good - I haven't seen the Parker 45 in (USA) stores for a while, so I always thought the old website was just not current, and this new site confirms that.

Yes, the Jotters are still part of Parker's lineup. Also, you can get the Jotter in fountain pen format. B)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/CosmicSuperchunk/ParkerJotter.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Hi,

This make me unable to visit the Parker site right now since several of my computers do not have flash except for this macintosh.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I noticed a lot missing, the 45, the 51 SE, the Sonnet gift edition, and several of the color choices for the 100.

Not sure I like the new look. Too sterile.

-Bruce

You can download Flash directly from Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/

Hi,

Some of my computers just run it for reasons unknown.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I agree very sterile, and the "design your own pen thing" is not very responsive.... too bad... I am a parker supporter

I actually like the new interface of the parker website. I thought it was about time Parker changed their website...it was getting very out of date and the design of the old website was kinda obsolete compared to more modern webdesigns (in my opinion). The new one appeals to a newer generation and brings fountain pens into the modern context (which is a very good thing :) )

This new website it taking on a more modern approach which appeals to a wider group of people (The previous website, for me, didnt seem like it would appeal to the average joes out there of this era of time).

The new format of the Parker pens list is a fresh turning of a new leaf with additions of some new designs (Although I am critical of the pens that are apparently missing, such as the 45 and the 51SE).

I'm glad they got rid of the Reflex though :P I never really liked the way they looked (yuck).

Those "Vector 2"s look great considering a Vector(original) was my first fountain pen and a reliable workhorse I currently use everyday. Has anyone used one? (Is it actually different to the original Vector? Any significant improvements on writing quality, or is the "Vector 2" just a prettier design with the same nib/mechanism <_<)

I am quite fond of the "Price guide", although they couldnt give a price guide on the Presidential (perhaps it was completely out of the scale :lol: )

I also like the nice descriptions written about the pens. They seem to reflect the positive characteristics qualities of the pens very well (as the writers are paid to do, of course). Its great how they point out the specific pen's position in the parker pen's hierarchy (eg: Sonnets: The widest choice of finishes of any Parker Pen). However, the writer's favourite word seemed to be "understated elegance" :lol: (he/she used this word quite frequently, which is kinda ironic to the definition of 'understated' *tsk tsk*)

Overall, I find the new website more user-friendly and creates a warmer, familial and casual feeling with Parker than the old website did

They could use better pictures... You can barely see the nib design, you cannot tell any details out of those miniature pictures.

I'm not convince what is on the web site is any indication of what they are actually selling. The 45, Reflex and Vector are all available everywhere in new packaging the last few weeks.

John

Gee, there seems to be two sites:

www.parkerpenS.com

and

www.parkerpen.com

Two entirely different layouts

-Bruce

Well, it looks like Parker are using their brains :lol:

They had to make an updated website that would appeal to the general public but they somehow also knew that people on FPN will have criticism against the new one, so they retained the old one to keep us happy :lol:

Maybe they haven't got the website fully updated...

On the new web site Parker mentions that it may not represent all of their product.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President