Uk/european Pen Repair/restoration

eckiethump

Eric,

I am mainly a modern pen person but have a Duofold I would like you to take a look at. It appears to be missing the rubber ink sac in my untrained opinion.

Please PM me you address and I will send it up to you. The one on your website is a bit confusing.

Regards,

Ian

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eckiethump

• Inkling

• View from the Loft

• Fuddlestack

My Sheaffer returned from Eric yesterday. He did a great job and the pen is like new and fills better then before. He is very nice to deal with and send me a long report about the repair. I learned a lot about this pen from him. Highly recommended. No affil. just happy he repaired my pen. :thumbup:

I'll chime in here and say that Eric is outstanding. I sent him three pens - had them back in two weeks (including postal delivery from Sweden to UK and back) with an excellent report on each pen and I , just like GeeTee, learned a lot about my pens that I didn't know of. My best experience of repair so far. And - just like John Sorowka - he is very communicative and pleasant to deal with. I've only positive superlatives to say about him. Thanks, Eric!!!

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

• 4 weeks later...

Again another commendation for Eric and his sterling work, sent him three pens and had them back in a little over a week (great especially when you take in to account some stupidity on my part), the work was done to an impeccable standard. I can't recommend him enough.

Thanks Eric.

• 4 months later...

Well I pulled the trigger and now have a new lathe on it's way to me, this will expand greatly the repair services I can confidently offer. Allowing me to re-build many parts, for in particular piston fill pens, which my existing lathe was not capable of. Though I was able to manufacture rods for Sheaffer wire pens on it.

I also intend to manufacture parts for Onoto plunger fill pens, my stocks of spare parts for these now dangerously low. Over and above this, my new lathe has the capacity for cutting bespoke threads.

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

Health to use it! When I was a first-year student in the 60s I lived in digs not far from you, up in West End Place - between the brewery, the distillery and the cemetery. Interesting area, especially on the evenings after a Hearts match. Haven't been back for 30 years.

Have fun with the lathe.

John

When you're good at it, it's really miserable.

Health to use it! When I was a first-year student in the 60s I lived in digs not far from you, up in West End Place - between the brewery, the distillery and the cemetery. Interesting area, especially on the evenings after a Hearts match. Haven't been back for 30 years.

Have fun with the lathe.

John

Literally a ten minute walk from my home, I'm nearer the football ground. The wee fella on the left loves sitting at the window watching the supporters on match days.

30 years is too long, get yourself over here !!! Still a very beautiful and interesting city.

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

Literally a ten minute walk from my home, I'm nearer the football ground. The wee fella on the left loves sitting at the window watching the supporters on match days.

30 years is too long, get yourself over here !!! Still a very beautiful and interesting city.

Eric

I've often "been back" since Google Earth appeared, but it's a poor substitute. I had planned to get there last year in the London-Edinburgh-London cycling event, but the gods decided otherwise. Shame - I'd kill for a decent plate of haggis. Or maim for one of Bratisani's white pudding suppers, greasy heart-stopping messes that they were...

John

Edited by Fuddlestack

When you're good at it, it's really miserable.

Shame - I'd kill for a decent plate of haggis. Or maim for one of Bratisani's white pudding suppers, greasy heart-stopping messes that they were...

John

I can sort out the haggis send me your address, I'll send you one from McSween's considered the best. Brattisani's, alas no more, only closed down fairly recently, besides pudding supper wouldn't have travelled as well as haggis. puddle.gif

Eric

Edited by eckiethump

• 4 weeks later...

My recent dealing with Eric was smooth, trouble free, and I now have a pen that writes instead of languishing in a drawer.

My recent dealing with Eric was smooth, trouble free, and I now have a pen that writes instead of languishing in a drawer.

Thank you, your comments are very much appreciated.

it's always a concern of mine, that if the best I can do with a vintage pen, is going to be acceptable to a customer. One of your pens in particular had far too good a nib not to be used.

Eric

Thank you, your comments are very much appreciated.

it's always a concern of mine, that if the best I can do with a vintage pen, is going to be acceptable to a customer. One of your pens in particular had far too good a nib not to be used.

Eric

This pen (P61)is just getting better. I understand that the original owner had the nib swapped for the BI pretty much as soon as it was purchased. I don't think that the pen was used much after that, and given that pretty well no ink was reaching the nib and it was just horribly frustrating, I can understand that. However, the ink now flows, and this pen and I have reached an understanding. We like each other! Just one slight snag - my daughter is now making sad puppy eyes over this pen, but she has no chance, and will just have to stick to her Sonnet.

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files