The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

1945 Parker Duofold

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2009 - 14:15

I'd like to share my new blog post on my 1945 Parker Duofold.

Please see the full post with photos and links here: Featured Pen: Featured Pen - 1945 Parker Duofold. Following is the text of the post:

This has probably been the most difficult Featured Pen post that I have tried to write.

The Parker Pen Company has an extensive history and there are entire websites devoted to these pens. In addition, there are so many expert collectors and historians that I've been terrified that I may say something that is inaccurate.

So, for the history and facts I'm going to provide you with a few resources:

• Parker Pens Penography by Tony Fischier - this is THE ultimate site for Parker pens and Tony is certainly more qualified than I am in his knowledge.
  • Dr. David Isaacson - another expert and the acknowledged king of the Vacumatic.
  • Richard Binders website - reknowned nibmeister and vintage pen restorer, his website contains wonderful reference pages of invaluable information for all fountain pen owners and is definitely not limited to the Parker
  • Last, but certainly not least, The Parker Forum on The Fountain Pen Network - this is one of the largest forums on the Network devoted solely to the Parker Fountain Pen.
My pen is a Parker "Striped" Duofold Senior, made in the 3rd quarter of 1945.

The following is borrowed from Dr. Isaacson's website :

Senior is the largest model of striped Duofold. The series ran from 1940-1948. As large as a Slender Maxima Parker Vacumatic, it employs the Vac's filling system. The Duofold is a high quality pen which features the marbled-striped celluloid on a pen which essentially is a Parker Vacumatic. More than 100 variants can be identified.

This pen has a nice deep imprint and beautiful details. There is a small amount of brassing on the clip, but none elsewhere and the blue diamond is still blue.

The nib on this pen is typical of most Parker's of this era, fine and rigid, but very smooth. When I purchased this pen it was unrestored and after the restoration it was clear that this pen was a beauty. The celluloid has little ambering in the ink window and because of the potential to stain the interior of this pen I have been confined to using nonsaturated inks.

In my case until I can find something better I have limited myself to filling it only with Parker Quink Blue Black or Black.
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Sponsored Content

#2 Enai

Enai

Boo!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:52

Thank you, I enjoyed your review. Very nice writing sample on your blog!
I keep coming back to my Esterbrooks.

"Things will be great when you're downtown."---Petula Clark
"I'll never fall in love again."---Dionne Warwick
"Why, oh tell me, why do people break up, oh then turn around and make up?
I just came to see, you'd never do that to me, would you baby?"---Tina Turner

#3 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 16:53

nice review
Cogito ergo sum

Sponsored Content

|