Stipula Suprema Nuda

opus7600

My original post got lost and attached to the original e-mail. Like the 823 which I also own, The Suprema Nuda wrote a lot better for me when I openede the blind cap. It does actually screw but doesn't stop turning when it is fully opened. You can the either screw it down when finished if it worries you or just push it down because it will push closed. I love this pen and it writes like a dream. All of this obsession with leaks etc shouldn't let you not buy this pen. It is a beauty and doesn't leak.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• opus7600

• Deirdre

• hari317

• Silvermink

My original post got lost and attached to the original e-mail. Like the 823 which I also own, The Suprema Nuda wrote a lot better for me when I openede the blind cap. It does actually screw but doesn't stop turning when it is fully opened. You can the either screw it down when finished if it worries you or just push it down because it will push closed. I love this pen and it writes like a dream. All of this obsession with leaks etc shouldn't let you not buy this pen. It is a beauty and doesn't leak.

Huh. Well, that's great that you've got a similar pen and enjoy it. Based on your description, one conclusion I could draw is that Stipula modified the design from the time that you bought your to the time I bought mine, and unfortunately they modified it for the worse.

No, those threads aren't actually anything you can feel. They're holding the nib into the section, and you can only see them because the pen is a demonstrator.

Hi, Thanks but I meant the threads at the section lip just where the nib goes into section, I guess the cap threads on there? do those threads get in your way?

Thanks!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

No, those threads aren't actually anything you can feel. They're holding the nib into the section, and you can only see them because the pen is a demonstrator.

Hi, Thanks but I meant the threads at the section lip just where the nib goes into section, I guess the cap threads on there? do those threads get in your way?

Thanks!

I can't, but I don't hold my pens that close to the nib. Honestly, I'd find it hard to believe they'd bother anybody. They're pretty smooth, so I don't think it would feel any different than any other pen with a lip on the section.

They're pretty smooth, so I don't think it would feel any different than any other pen with a lip on the section.

Hi, thanks for replying, I suspect the cap is a bit balky to screw on probably due to the blunt threads and the threads are probably kept blunt to minimise user discomfort. I grip some of the pens quite low.

Regards,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Um, not easily. Judging by holding it up to a ruler, it looks something like 13/32 inches.

A reasonable estimate was all I was really looking for anyway - thanks. :)

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

• 1 month later...

Based on the advice of several members, I sent this pen to Stipula for repair, so I wanted to make the first of at least two updates to this thread.

Communication with Stipula by email was great. The response was fast and courteous, and instructions for sending in the pen were clear.

I shipped the pen by USPS, and waited. About 3 weeks later, I sent email again looking for confirmation that Stipula had my pen - I had been expecting at least some communication saying "We have your pen and are looking at it." The response came quickly and was reassuring, and gave me an estimate of when the pen would be returning.

That estimate was spot on, but I was surprised again by the lack of communication. The pen was sent signature required, which I guess makes sense for something that expensive, but if I had known or been asked, I wouldn't have shipped it to the address I did.

So, now I have the pen back. I have no idea what they did to the pen to repair it, because all that came in the package was my pen in the packing materials I had used, my instruction booklet, and my note to them with my contact information. No note from Stipula, no invoice. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe the rubber gasket on the piston is a thinner one now. Certainly nothing *obvious* was done. As far as I know, they could have kept it on a shelf for a month, letting it mellow with age, occasionally sprinkling it with some salt and pepper to taste.

It remains to be seen if anything effective was done. I rushed to my inks and loaded it up right away with some Noodler's Green Marine. The behavior seems just as I remember it. I'm going to make this my daily user for a few days to see if the issue is resolved. You may be able to detect some skepticism on my part...

Edited by opus7600

Well, one full day of use has passed and I'm pleased to say I was wrong. The pen is behaving better now, with the times that ink won't get past the plunger not eliminated, but greatly reduced. We'll see how it holds up at worktomorrow.

Thanks for your honest review. I have the Etruria Nuda and was considering this pen too along with the Pilot piston filler.

Are you sure that there is a "Pilot piston filler" available on the market dear Jandrese ?