The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Vanishing Point Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2009 - 21:12

I'd like to share my new blog post which includes two pens a Namiki faceted VP and the newer Pilot VP/

Please see the full post with photos and links here: Featured Pen - Namiki/Pilot Vanishing Point. Following is the text of the post:

This is another pen that has had a lot of reviews, again please see the reviews at the Fountain Pen Network. Click on N, go to Pilot and Vanishing Point/Capless.

I have two of these pens. The first is an older model, Namiki name, green faceted VP which I purchased about 15 years ago. The second, is a Pilot Black Carbonesque, modern VP which I have had for about 8 years.

Namiki Manufacturing Company was the original name of the Pilot Pen Company, who continued to use the Namiki name for their premium line of writing instruments.

Many people do not like the clip placement on these pens, it interferes with how they hold it. I have never found this to be an issue, but it should be taken into consideration if you are considering buy a VP. I do find that the clip placement is much less noticeable on the older VP since the clip flows into the nib area much more smoothly than the new Carbonesque model.

These pens write smooth, both nibs are M although one of these came with two nib units. I later traded my F nib unit for a Binderized LF oblique, which I was unable to use and later sold.

If I have any complaint about these pens, it is the converter. I have tried and tried to use the converters for these pens and finally gave up. The converters refuse to fill or if they do fill they only fill about 1/2 way and they hold very little ink even when full. I have also found that they leak. Now if I had this experience with only one of these pens I would say that it was operator error, but this happens with both nib units and converters, so I have reverted to cartridges for these pens which I will use and then refill with ink and reuse.

Edited by MYU, 05 December 2009 - 15:39.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Sponsored Content

#2 scratchy

scratchy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2009 - 21:45

Hi Okami,

How many uses can you get out of one cartridge?

scratchy

p.s. like the blog
Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib
Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib
Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib
Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib
Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

#3 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2009 - 23:49

Hi Okami,

How many uses can you get out of one cartridge?

scratchy

p.s. like the blog

Thanks, the carts last a good while can't give you an exact usage since I rotate pens so often.

Julie
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Sponsored Content

|