The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

(drum roll) the salad spinner centrifuge

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 bsenn

bsenn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2018 - 22:52

How does it do on arugula?

I'm not sure, it sort of disappears after a few seconds...

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

Sponsored Content

#62 _InkyFingers

_InkyFingers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:35

I have three girls...one with a twirlimg baton, one with a nunchaku baton, and the other with a staff. Each is very skilled at their skills.

I have installed multiple pen slots in each stick on both ends. At the end of their practice, i checked to see if any ink is left behind in each pen. She who did not fully empty their pen, needed to practice more...

Each day, I can completely dry about 10 pens. That is my maximum.

#63 Scarfman

Scarfman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2018 - 22:33

Ive made my own pen centrifuge with some twenty-four inch bolt croppers, an old fan and a pair of socks which definitely werent a Christmas gift, I promise. Surprisingly, it does the trick. More surprisingly, without killing anybody.

#64 readytotalk

readytotalk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:17

Great idea,
I usually remove the rest of the water from the pen, shaking it like a mercury thermometer (the section is wrapped with a paper napkin, оf course).

Regards, Alexey

#65 djmaher

djmaher

One who wanders

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2019 - 15:35

This is one of those posts that you just can't unsee.

EVERY time I'm at a store, and see a salad spinner, I think of it again.

Just yesterday, I was at Marshalls, and saw a small spinner, about half the size of the "standard" model, made by Sharper Image.  It was on clearance, and I ALMOST bought it.  I don't know why.  Almost like a compulsion. :yikes: .

I wonder if I'm suffering from some kind of Post Traumatic Salad Spinner Stress.  I swear, this thing would probably spin a couple of salad leaves, max..  Perfect size for a fountain pen, though.

Maybe I'll go back there today, and see if it's still there......

.....the Heart has it's reasons, which Reason knows nothing of.....

#66 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,098 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 17:41

This is one of those posts that you just can't unsee.

EVERY time I'm at a store, and see a salad spinner, I think of it again.

Just yesterday, I was at Marshalls, and saw a small spinner, about half the size of the "standard" model, made by Sharper Image.  It was on clearance, and I ALMOST bought it.  I don't know why.  Almost like a compulsion. :yikes: .

I wonder if I'm suffering from some kind of Post Traumatic Salad Spinner Stress.  I swear, this thing would probably spin a couple of salad leaves, max..  Perfect size for a fountain pen, though.

Maybe I'll go back there today, and see if it's still there......

I still have and use the one at the beginning of this thread.  I have a motorized one that I made that is a copy of the one Parker sold, but the salad spinner holds the big pens that can't fit the motorized unit's trumpet.  Go back - you'll be happy you made the centrifuge.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Sponsored Content

|