Lamy Accent Brilliant

Ashland

Hi.

I just saw a really pretty Lamy pen, the Accent Brilliant with briarwood. I haven't been able to find a review on this site, so I thought I'd ask a few questions & seek your comments about this pen in general.

*Are the nibs interchangeable? If so, can they use the Safari nibs?

*Does the model have an ink window/indicator of any sort?

Please tell me your opinion of this fountain pen.

Thanks,

Ashland

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChiralSoftware

• James P

• Cyberpen

• Ashland

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ashland

The Lamy Accent Brilliant is a cool looking pen, I have one fitted with the diamond laquer rings.

Mine is an early example, where the 14k nib is platinum plated, with a matt finish on the sides of the nib.

The current model is being shipped with the same nib as the Studio Palladium. The nibs are interchangeable with the Safari/Joy range so you could get an Italic version if that takes your fancy, although this would be steel.

You get no ink view window, but the converter is the Z25 I think, which actually screws into the section for added security.

All in all a high quality pen, if you get bored you can buy extra sections for the grip. Early pens did have some problems with the spring loaded clip getting loose, but Lamy have sorted this out.

Richie

• 1 year later...

In my experience, the Accent is a great pen. I've used several, ranging from the matte finish with a stainless nib to the higher-end brilliant with the 14K nib. As Richie said, they use the same style nib as the Safari/Joy series, so they can be exchanged quite easily.

The balance on these pens is very good, regardless of whether you write with the cap posted (it's better, imo, if you don't post, but it's still quite good when posted), and the nibs are top notch. The 14K is really nice in particular.

They seem to hold a lot of ink (although it's a converter, so it holds no more than any other Z25-equipped pen), and start instantly, even when not used for weeks on end. The line has always been smooth and consistent and has never - and I do mean never - hesitatee or skipped. I HIGHLY recommend this pen.

And the Briarwood happens to be pretty cool, too.

James

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

A slightly offbeat question, I've heard of people using Parker Convertors in Lamy Vistas sucessfully, could one do the same with the Lamy Accent ?

Edited by ramshacklemann

I just like the way it looks and writes. I agree, the balance is not the best when the cap is posted. But I never do that anyway so that's fine for me. I won't get any more of the blue-black ink. It looks too light and grayish for me. But the pen itself, I am totally happy with it.

I'm the opposite of a fountain pen collector. I only want one.