• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

Life seems to be quite busy at the moment, [what with Christmas Cards and the like! I'm way behind this year!] but I couldn't keep away from doing the drawings for the Clouds House Pen.

The barrel O/lay design is done, and the cap is almost finished, I am working on the cartouche, which unusually will be on the cap O/lay, as opposed to the barrel! [Nothing like changing things around occasionally!]

When I have done the metal work, I will arrange for the castings to be done, [probably 10, or 12 to start with] and I'm hoping that they should be done sometime in the early New Year. I must admit, I am really quite excited about the project.

I spoke to Neal last night, and he will be 'posting' copies of the design on this thread as soon as he receives them by post!

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes:

Nothing like a new project to whet the appetite! puddle.gif Looking forward to seeing the progression of this one as well as the fairies! bunny01.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

And are there more than one? You are a @#$%ing tease! tongue.gif

~~Larry Brown

And are there more than one? You are a @#$%ing tease! tongue.gif

It's just like the red button filler, only it was squeezed out of a different part of the spectrum. It's the only one I've made... my imagination said blue and silver would look good together so I tried it out (for a customer). It actually looks a bit softer than the picture.

So how do I pronounce "@#$%ing"?

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :thumbup: :notworthy1:

And I still love my black and silver ED.....very much indeed, and that includes the vintage Waterman nib!

:cloud9: :cloud9: :bunny01: :cloud9:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

It's just like the red button filler, only it was squeezed out of a different part of the spectrum. It's the only one I've made... my imagination said blue and silver would look good together so I tried it out (for a customer). It actually looks a bit softer than the picture.

Is there a "so far" possibility? rolleyes.gif

~~Larry Brown

Everything in life is... so far.

Everything in life is... so far.

Smarty pants....roflmho.gif Email incoming....wink.gif

~~Larry Brown

I notice this discussion is not on the first page of the writing instruments forum, this must be avoided at all cost.

Edited by sirksael

Help? Why am I buying so many fountain pens?

I'm extremely happy to report that today's sojourn down the Portobello Road was a very productive one!

Several people came along to see me including a comparatively new collector of vintage pens, who after buying a jade green Parker Senior Duofold, was happy to be given an application form for membership to the Writing Equipment Society, which I hope he will enrol in the New Year!

Then, out of the Blue, a Russian came to my booth, and started looking at my overlay pens, he asked if he could handle them, he explained that he was looking for a 'special' present for a significantly important person! He didn't elaborate on exactly who this person was, but anyway, he also wanted to see a few of the gold overlays, as well as the initial silver ones that he had started looking at.

He decided to buy one of the silver overlaid pens, and then we went over to the corner of the arcade to arrange the Credit Card Payment, with a lady who has those facilities available to dealers like myself, who do not have such sophisticated apparatus!

While we were waiting for this procedure to take place, we chatted about "Where the pen was going to 'live'?" It turns out that my Russian customer was a member of the Russian political system, and that the present was for a leader of one of he smaller States connected to the Russian 'Empire'/'Union' [i am not sure which title is correct on that one, probably both are wrong!]

So, Hollywood Veteran Actors, Heads of States, Princesses, and Rock musicians are now amongst my clientele!

It was a great day!!!

Shortly after I got back home, the gentleman [who's wife wanted to buy one of my pens for his 50th birthday] phoned to ask if it would be alright to drop by to pick up the pen that he had decided to have, and within about half an hour the purchase had been completed, and he left with his 'Present'!

I then went off to the kitchen to prepare supper! It really was a good day!!!

Truffle Finder. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :rolleyes:

Humph! People selling pens to people other than me. BLUE pens going to people other than me. I shall go to the bottom of the garden and feel blue. Then I shall sulk. And then I will eat the rest of the home made from scratch pumpkin pie I made today and refuse to share any with anyone else.

So there!

Humph!

)(*$@#$%*&!@#!!!

[What Esterbex said translated into Farsi) :bunny01:

Sheesh! I go out to a Sunday Market for duck eggs and proper smoked bacon and all this is going on in the parallel universe that is called " the world outside Australia!" :crybaby:

However.......congratulations Henry on a good day of business........and adding another notch on your pen belt!!, :thumbup:

Bruno.......I just love that red ED with the music nib.... :puddle: and wish y many many happy years using it before sending it to me for a little holiday!!! :notworthy1:

GP.....you made pumpkin pie and have eaten the lot? You Go Girl!!! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Wendi.........you have to teach this old girl how to #*+<~!{@!!! properly please. It works rather well here! :eureka:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!