Parker 45 all plastic vs. metal/plastic

jofpn1236

I recently bought an all-plastic Parker 45 on eBay just for fun. The nib is very smooth (not as smooth as 51), but very good to write with. Compared with the current model Parker 45 from UK, the vintage writes better.

Which Parker 45 has better $$$ value? The all-plastic or metal/plastic? How much would you sell a well-restored all-plastic Parker 45?

How much should I spend for a vintage Flighter 45?

Thanks folks.

Joseph

P51 demi, P51 full size, P reflex, Pilot VP blk carbon, M200 gray, M200 blk, 2 Pelikanos, 3 Lam Safaris, 1 Lam Studio SS.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jofpn1236

• Dan Carmell

• hatherton_wood

• RLTodd

I think I am right in saying that the all plastic models were cheaper at the time. Not sure if that applies to the value now - 45's are that common they are never going to be worth that much. I think the all plastic models have an attraction of their own but I have always had a preference for the metal 45's myself.

John

I think that, all else being equal, the all-plastic 45s, the CT and Deluxe (as the chrome and gold trimmed models were called, respectively, command a higher price point than the regular metal capped 45s. Part of this may be that they are coming out of the UK for the most part and so appear to be less common to the U.S. collector.

I've not seen a full list of colors for the CT and Deluxe models, but they do seem to have come in more colors as well, so chasing down the colors may be harder as well. John is right, I believe, these all plastic models were cheaper, although I think at least the Deluxe came with a 14K nib.

To answer your question directly, if a Standard 45 in VG condition would get $20-25, you pen might get $25-35 and so on.

best, Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I thought your price might be right. I don't think it'll fetch higher than that. It's not gold nibbed. It writes pretty well, though. Better than the new UK nib 45. Thanks for your reply.

When the time comes, ($$$), I might get the other colors of Vintage Parker 45. It looks like they had a few colors before.

P51 demi, P51 full size, P reflex, Pilot VP blk carbon, M200 gray, M200 blk, 2 Pelikanos, 3 Lam Safaris, 1 Lam Studio SS.

Most people get their market valuations off of ebay closed auctions these days. If enough of the particular item your discussing has changed hands you can get a pretty good idea of current market valuation.

YMMV