Welcome to FPN

Beakem

:D Hi, my name is Bruce and I've been using and expanding my limited knowledge of fountain pens for a couple of years. I'm a user of fountain pens and not a collector per se as I enjoy the experienc of pen to paper not simply admiring pens.

I discovered this web site through a question someone posted on the Yellow Board at Pentrace today about ink swaping.

Nice to be here...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Maja

• KendallJ

• wildblueink

Hey Bruce! Kcat has a great ink swap system. and we have lots of people with vials who would be willing to swap!

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Terry. I'm a new member and proud to be a pen junkie like everyone else. I've been attached to pens fro some 10 years now when introduced to them by a friend. I use collect and dream of the day when I can own more pens. Thanks for the forum you have here and the opportunity to express, read and be around the pen experience. :drool: :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Elizabeth Wilde here. My favorite penseller pointed me here. I've looked before, but found the multiple forum format a bit too busy. However, when traded off against another penplace and its anonymous bozo activity, I figured it was worth a shot to find a way to get comfortable here. I have already figured out that the Pictures forum is a great way to start my day!

So here I am, trying to figure out the signature, avatar, and profile stuff, so bear with me if something looks wacky. There's just so much functionality here I don't know where to start!

When there's nothing to lose and nothing to win

Ain't nothing like a brand new fountain pen

Welcome aboard!

Is that a Dani Trio snake in your avatar? I think we can guess who your favourite pusher, I mean pen seller is (That means you, Kevin).

Hello,

Elizabeth Wilde here. My favorite penseller pointed me here. I've looked before, but found the multiple forum format a bit too busy. However, when traded off against another penplace and its anonymous bozo activity, I figured it was worth a shot to find a way to get comfortable here. I have already figured out that the Pictures forum is a great way to start my day!

So here I am, trying to figure out the signature, avatar, and profile stuff, so bear with me if something looks wacky. There's just so much functionality here I don't know where to start!

Hi Elizabeth. Not as hard to figure out as you might think. If you have any questions, please let us know. I live off of the "View New Posts" link, and the "Today's active posts" link. Closest thing to PT's format. Wouldn't want you to feel too out of place.

The multiple forums think looks like a bear, but when you use these two links I find that one rarely misses any of the posts and can easily browse all of the new posts in all forums off of a single page.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Guest Denis Richard

Welcome Elizabeth !

Glad to see you here. It can take a while to go trhough all the functions on the board, but don't hesitates to ask us for help if you need it.

Denis.

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to FPN! :D

I do like your avatar, it is rather different, with those (venomous) snakes. Nice and colourful. I guess your favourite penseller is Kevin :lol: .

BTW, you can use the trade forum to sell your pen wraps here too...

While discussing PenTrace: I found once you get used to the format here, it is great fun. FPN has the atmosphere of PT from about a year and a half ago, when the Mariachi Crickets still abounded...

Anyay, I hope you enjoy it here!

Warm regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to FPN :D

Another thing that distinguishes FPN from some other pen boards is that here you can freely mention your favourite sellers and/or sites without the need for a disclaimer , because FPN is not a commercial site.

You can also sell pen-related things (like your famous wraps) by creating a new thread in the TRADE forum...and if you have one, you can freely advertise your website by including its link in your 'signature'.

Cheers!

Maja

Am I missing something?

What's all these about wraps?

Because, if there are wraps up for grabs I could do with some...

Guest Denis Richard

Stompy, Elizabeth makes gorgeous pen wraps and "kimonos". I wanted to get one of her vintage silk one-pen kimono at the LA show, but I ran out of budget.

Elizabeth, feel free to advertize them in the Trade forum.

Denis.

Wow, thanks everybody, this is a friendly place! And I'm happy to know that I won't get bashed for mentioning certain things, like the fact that Kevin is the BEST when it comes to buying new pens (and it would be absolutely sublime if he carried Omas), and for vintage pens all my allowance goes into Lex's paypal account. Sigh.

As for the wraps, I'm taking a break (my sewing room happens to be the guest room, can't serve both functions simultaneously), but Sam@pendemonium has a new batch. I also have a few left from LA that I might make available a few at a time. We'll just have to see if the mood strikes :)

http://home.comcast.net/~wildblueink/1wrapfull.jpg

When there's nothing to lose and nothing to win

Ain't nothing like a brand new fountain pen

See Elizabeth, did I tell you this place is different? I mean people actually welcome you here and the best part... no Trolls, thanks to the registration and stuff.

I do use wraps on all my big pens that dosen't have a clip. I just love to take out the wrap, open it, take out the pen to write. It's like a ritual. My staff either watch in amazement or they just roll their eyes. :lol: :lol: Very "zen" like I might add. :lol: :lol: Ok, don't want to get too religous or philosophical here :lol:

Welcome again.

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Hello,

As a long time Zosser I am delighted to meet so manyt old acquaintances in this new environment. The graphics capabilities should prove a wonderful addition to our dialogue. I am a Professor of Social Welfare at University of California at Berkeley. That doesn't sound like the setting for a pen freak does it? But Berkeley is a tolerant place.

Bart

Hi Bart,

Welcome to this weird and wondrous place! We're quite tolerant too, as long as you are friendly and sociable :D .

So no social warfare ;) , just welfare :lol: .

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Just a short introduction. I am Jim O'Hare. I live in the snow packed Midwest and have always had an endearment to fountain pens. Presently I am very much enjoying some of the Chinese brands and have finally...I hope... mastered the finer points of aeromatic fillers. I am glad to be aboard.