You have to hate when this happens...

OldGriz

I grabbed a Parker 21 this morning when I went to take my little one to day camp...

On the way home, I made one stop for a bagel and then to the grocery store... while at the store I noticed the pen was gone from my pocket.

Now this is not a top of the line Parker or particulary expensive (I think I paid $10-15 on eBay for it), but it was a real nice dark green and in absolutley perfect condition. I retraced my steps back as far as the bagel place and it was not there...

I have absolutely no idea of where it is.... This really ticks me off...

Well at least I have the comfort of knowing it was not one of my Sheaffers...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGriz

• Ruaidhri

• Apollo

• kissing

That is what is known in the trade as an Oh **** moment.

Hope it turns up Griz, but as it is a Parker somebody could well recognise the value of it and you might never see it again. Had it been a Sheaffer................

Jim

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

Well at least I have the comfort of knowing it was not one of my Sheaffers...

. . . and since it was a Parker, it'll likely be mistaken for a cheap disposable bp and end up in the trash :P :P :P :P

(Just kidding, Parker buddies!) ;)

Seriously, I'm glad it wasn't one of your more precious pens and I do hope it turns up soon.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Condolence to your lost........Nevertheless in collecting is always you win some you loss some.....

It does hurt to loose a good pen no matter how inexpensive it was. Some of my favorite pens are "cheapies" when it comes to the actual cost. Just as long as it doesn't hurt the wallet too bad. Sorry to hear about your loss Griz. Look at it this way, now you have an excuse to get another pen. ;)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Sorry to hear that Griz.

I'm lucky in that I've never lost a pen in the last 52 years (the Conway 28 is somewhere in the attic of my father's house.

Looking for it would be a nightmare and so long as I don't empty the place out completely it is still just "mislaid".

If that doesn't make sense don't worry, it's just me clinging on to what little sanity I have left..

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

For those among you who are overly fussy here's the missing closing bracket from line 2 of my previous post:

)

It was in the attic of my father's house :blink:

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Griz,

I hope you didn't loose that mint 21 you got from me off the bay, because I don't have any left to replace it for you. Hope you find it.

Parkercrazy

Griz,

I hope you didn't loose that mint 21 you got from me off the bay, because I don't have any left to replace it for you. Hope you find it.

Parkercrazy

That was the one..... it was a sweet writing pen too....

I may joke about Parkers, but they are great pens....

I have retraced my footsteps all day and called every place I was this morning...

I am really ticked off over this... I am extremely careful of my pens and have never lost one before today....

And I got that one at such a nice price too....

Hope your Parker turns up. It is amazing how attached we get to our fountain pens. Every one of them is unique and special.

Three times my carry pen slipped out of my purse and I thought for sure it was gone each time. After exhaustive searches the first two times, it was discovered taking a nap beneath the passenger seat in my car. The third time I discovered it was missing at 1am. No panic this time. I grabbed my flashlight and headed out to my car to fetch the errant Parker. This time there was no pen under the passenger's seat. Admittedly I got a little concerned here. So I checked the seat behind the passenger. No luck. Now downright worried, I checked under the driver's seat. No luck and it wasn't under the seat behind the driver's seat. I only had four seats and no pen lurking anywhere. So much for my favorite pen.

Back indoors I dumped out everything in my handbag for the second time and sure enough it was caught in the seam at the bottom. That was the last time I carried a pen without putting it into a proper case or at least in a zippered compartment.

I find the Parkers to be extremely slippery compared to my other pens and there just is no other way I can safely carry them. I can't imagine how easy it would be to have one slide out of a shirt pocket.

So again I hope your Parker turns up. When I lose things I like to think they went to people who needed them more than I did.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

I have a couple favorite pocket knives that I lose constantly. They always show up somewhere. Hopefully that Parker will pop-up when you least expect it.

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

I had that same moment of panic just yesterday.

The Safari in my front shirt pocket was suddenly missing... Where could it be???

Retracing my steps, I discovered that it was perfectly hooked on to the edge of a paper bag I dropped off in the paper recycling dumpster.

For about 10 minutes I was going a little nuts.

I guess that baling wire pocket clip could be a little tighter.

Hope you find your 21!

=The Headache Corporation team

• 2 weeks later...

I think your pen maybe taken by your daughter,or was lost when you was walking taking your child in the arm.

Edited by dvdface

awww Tom that just isn't right! I remember losing my Waterman Expert II which was my very favorite pen at the time. I couldn't find it anywhere... and I am one of those people who won't give up looking for something until I find it. I tore the house apart looking for it. Two days went by and I was out in the garage pulling clothes out of the dryer when I saw it! It was on the floor just under the dryer, must have fallen out of my pocket when some clothes snagged it or something.

I am hopeful the same final outcome will be yours as well!

NOPE, no luck at all....

Retraced my travels 3 times and tore the truck apart thinking it might have fell out of my pocket when I was loading groceries...

I had already emptied the grocery bags and turned them inside out the day it happened...

I fear it is lost forever. And it was a truly minty 21 that I got from Parkercrazy at a fantastic price....