The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Any Love For Inoxcrom?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 latestarter

latestarter

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:18

Hi all

So far along my fp journey i have only collected lower end pens,safaris,prelude,javelin,agio,jotter etc.
Also in my small collection i have a inoxcrom zepplin and without doubt its my favourite.It always starts,
has a solid feel to it,isnt fussy about paper used and in general is a great little pen.I am therefore a
little surprised they are not mentioned more here.Did i get the only good one made lol? They to me are the
perfect low cost pen.Any thoughts?

Cheers David

Sponsored Content

#2 argonavis

argonavis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:22

I have an inoxcrom Zeppelin, and its super smooth and reliable, but a little dry for my taste, and a finer point than I usually use. Having said that, it's built like a tank, and I can't say I ever got more pen for my money, not even chinese. It was really inexpensive. I never found one with a wider nib though, which is something I'd really go for.

#3 liapuyat

liapuyat

Pelikan Fan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:27

My friends and I have the "fashion plastic" Agatha Ruiz de la Prada Inoxcroms, some have the Jordi Labanda versions. I also have a couple of executive model matte finish Inoxcroms, and I love them for being reliable AND affordable. They're sold in every branch of a major book and office supplies store here in Manila.
"Luxe, calme et volupte"

#4 troglokev

troglokev

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:11

This one I'm quite fond of:
Posted Image
Bought in France using execrable schoolboy French, when in desperate need of something to write with.

It may be uncool, but it turned out to be a very nice writer, and a monument to the gradual removal of prejudices.

Edited by troglokev, 24 September 2009 - 12:13.

#5 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:15

Bought two Inoxcrom Handy Pens as part of a job lot, really impressed with the quality of the nibs and the plastics remind me of the P51, really good inexpensive pens.

#6 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,292 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:31

I've used a couple of the short metal barrel and plastic cap Inoxcroms and (as everybody else has said) they're excellent pens for the money.

#7 WendyNC

WendyNC

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,957 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:53

I've been interested in them and hope to get one at some point. However, the last time I looked, there wasn't much in the way of distribution in the USA. Time to look again.
I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

#8 FrankB

FrankB

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 13:49

I have two Inoxcrom FP's. Sorry, but I forget the model name. They are the same model, except one has a metal cap and one a plastic one. They are fairly large, about the size of a Pelikan M-800. They are very light and the plastic looks a bit cheap. But the fit and finish are really good, and the M steel nibs write very well. I do not see Inoxcrom products available much, but my experience of the pens I own is quite positive. I recall I paid about $15 USD each for mine. At that price, the pens are an excellent buy.

#9 latestarter

latestarter

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 14:09

Thanks for all the replies,you are a friendly group and thats great.the nib on my zepplin is very fine and alternative sizes would be good,but for a fine nib it is very smooth.From what i have seen here in Australia Inoxcrom brand is easy to find in brick and motar stores.Mayebe if that isnt the case in other parts of the world that would explain the lack of popularity in general.

Cheers David

#10 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 14:11

I have no experience with the current company but I do have a few vintage ones and they are pretty nice.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#11 Silvermink

Silvermink

Texture Junkie

• Member - Gold

• 6,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 20:22

I've had mixed experiences. I have a Wall Street that's kind of scratchy, but my Carbone (one of the transparent-capped pocket pens) has always been a good writer.
http://twitter.com/silvermink
Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

OMAS Italia '90 - Aurora Blue // Montblanc 14 - Visconti Purple

#12 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,292 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 20:31

I didn't know they were called a Carbone. Thanks, I'll remember that.

#13 Silvermink

Silvermink

Texture Junkie

• Member - Gold

• 6,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 20:35

I didn't know they were called a Carbone. Thanks, I'll remember that.

That's actually just a name I found on W. H. Smith's site that I haven't seen anywhere else, so I don't vouch for its accuracy. :) It's the only name I've ever found for that pen, though.
http://twitter.com/silvermink
Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

OMAS Italia '90 - Aurora Blue // Montblanc 14 - Visconti Purple

#14 SimonJamesLucas

SimonJamesLucas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 21:00

I bought what I believe is a Zeppelin, it is not a bad writer but doesn't really float my boat, the cap snaps closed with nasty sort of click and the styling has that sort of dated 90´s ovoid feel to it.

#15 SimonJamesLucas

SimonJamesLucas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 21:07

I bought what I believe is a Zeppelin, it is not a bad writer but doesn't really float my boat, the cap snaps closed with nasty sort of click and the styling has that sort of dated 90´s ovoid feel to it.

Maybe I´m being a bit hard on it because it is good value for money but I think the Parker Frontier does a better job in this segment of the market. Enjoy anyway.

#16 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,797 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 21:53

I picked one up on eBay a year or so ago thinking it was a vintage pen because I'd never heard of the brand and in the photo it appeared to be BCHR. In reality it turned out to be patterned light-weight plastic and a CC filler, and I was very disappointed--until I tried it. It's a wonderful smooth, reliable writer, and earned a spot in the rotation on its first outing. So much for first impressions ...
ron

#17 afruba

afruba

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 23:10

I have had some of the cheap plastic ones and one time somebody gave me stainless steel one as a present, I don't know any names. The nibs were all quite nice, but they all had the same problem: After some time they start to leak and nib and there is ink on the feed when you take of the cap. I see them as "refillable disposables".

#18 Ondina

Ondina

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,924 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 17:53

The ones made from the 50's till the late 80's are some of the more understated pens around; quality and performance. The full metal jacket ones still are a great value for the price. Plastic, student cheap ones are great knock-around student pens. J. Labanda and Ruiz de la Prada are specially fun. Very recommended.

#19 leandrobf109

leandrobf109

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 22:31

I like very much the inoxcrom pens (cheap & good quality). I use every day a Inoxcrom Sirocco, and I love the nib. I hope to find in the future a good Inoxcrom Caravel, and a Inoxcrom 77 deluxe, like this:

Posted Image

#20 cocojj

cocojj

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 14:07

I have a plastic "pocket pen" Inoxcrom, and it writes amazingly smooth. Even the blue cartridge that came with it was nice. The pen started right away after I plugged it in.

Sponsored Content

|