• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Deirdre

• PatientType

• AltecGreen

I would love to attend whenever this group gets together!

Hi Paul,

Just keep your eye out. We usually post our meeting dates here. Just look for Pen Posse.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in a meeting as well. I live in San Francisco. (I've even met Splicer at Stilo a few years ago)

/Mark

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Atelier Gargoyle a couple of weeks ago and talking to Linnea about possibly getting a Pen Posse meeting at their place. Ward and Linnea make Atelier Gargoyle sealing wax, seals, sell pens and teach calligraphy. They're both wonderful people and fun to hang out with.

Saturdays work better for them (they're in the middle of a house move)

Those who are interested, please PM me with dates/times that work best for you and I will set up a date/time with them.

Please give me a range so I can hopefully find the date that works out well for everyone.

/Mark

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

Just in case anyone did not see the other posting, we are having a pre-LA pen show Pen Posse meeting next Saturday 1/30 at 1:30 pm at Peter's cafe in Milbrae.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

FYI - We've moved to Tracy so I may not be at many Posse meetings on the SF side of the Bay. It's surprisingly nice out here, if a little on the dark side of the moon fountain pen-wise.

FYI - We've moved to Tracy so I may not be at many Posse meetings on the SF side of the Bay. It's surprisingly nice out here, if a little on the dark side of the moon fountain pen-wise.

We can hold something in the East Bay. I live in Dublin which is not that far from Tracy.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

We can hold something in the East Bay. I live in Dublin which is not that far from Tracy.

Pen Posse East bay-Late February?

We have Pen Posse Peter's Cafe Test your camera before LA (yes it rhymes) 1/30 at 1:30.

We have LA Pen show then we have an extended meeting of the Pan Pacific Pen Club the following week. SO now I'm thinking March, early march for a Pen Posse East bay.

T

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Sounds great! Dublin is only about 25 minutes. Downtown Oakland or Berkeley about an hour ... All doable. Late February would be grand. I could bring a couple of new pens. Just got a NOS orange, crescent-fill, 14K-broad nib Conklin ... haven't even inked it yet. Woo Hoo!

Sounds great! Dublin is only about 25 minutes. Downtown Oakland or Berkeley about an hour ... All doable. Late February would be grand. I could bring a couple of new pens. Just got a NOS orange, crescent-fill, 14K-broad nib Conklin ... haven't even inked it yet. Woo Hoo!

We talked about the next meeting today but didn't come to any conclusions (or did we). Looks like end of February or early March is doable. Let me see if the others remember what was decided. Take a look at the pics I put up from today's meeting. JeffL brought a bunch of vintage Conklins

A shout out to the others who are interested in coming. No need to be shy. We are pretty informal and laid back. Just show up. If you have a time or place preference, just speak up.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Hey, are you all coming to Kev's party in LA?

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

Hey, are you all coming to Kev's party in LA?

I know at least five of the Pen Posse members are going to LA. Ethernautrix and I will be at the party for sure. I'm not sure about the others.

Edited by AltecGreen

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I'll be there. About Saturday, I totally suck, thought it was 1/29 until about an hour ago. Boo. Missed the Posse.

Note that I will miss most of Saturday at the show as I'm meeting up with some old coworkers and doing some fun stuff that's not pen related in the slightest.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I'll be there. About Saturday, I totally suck, thought it was 1/29 until about an hour ago. Boo. Missed the Posse.

Note that I will miss most of Saturday at the show as I'm meeting up with some old coworkers and doing some fun stuff that's not pen related in the slightest.

Fess up. You were configuring your new iPad.

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I'm looking for a pen club in the SF Bay Area. I'm down in Santa Cruz, but I'd make the drive to something in the Bay Area or South Bay.

I'll be at the LA Pen Show (arriving Friday night, doing the seminars on Saturday, and driving home on Sunday.) I'd love to find out more about the Bay Area pen community.

terim@peytonstreet.com

Teri

I'm looking for a pen club in the SF Bay Area. I'm down in Santa Cruz, but I'd make the drive to something in the Bay Area or South Bay.

I'll be at the LA Pen Show (arriving Friday night, doing the seminars on Saturday, and driving home on Sunday.) I'd love to find out more about the Bay Area pen community.

terim@peytonstreet.com

Teri

Teri-

The Pen Posse is not an organized group. (Our non-member appointed non-leader refuses to accept her duties.) Pen Posse is called when needed-watch the Events forum for details.

There is the PPPC-Pan Pacific Pen Club. This group is organized, has officers and meets regularly with a schedule and has dues to cover the rent of the meeting places. The details for the next PPPC are in this thread. Contact one of the officers for details.

Welcome to one or both of the clubs.

Todd

the beauty part of Pen Posse is that anyone can call Pen Posse! TRY IT!

Anyway, stay tuned for Pen Posse LA Pen Show After-Party, probably at the end of February, aiming for Berkeley with MsLoathsome and PacificCoastPen (?), the tentative date and place (Berkeley) discussed without Ms. Loathsome's or PacificCoastPen's knowledge.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.