Sf Bay Area Pen Posse

PatientType

It shouldn't surprise anyone I didn't make it. 5:30 with a 1 yr old is a tough time for adventures that involve a car. But I did participate in spirit.

I went to the box o'pens and fished out a red marble Inkograph and restored it. It seemed like the think to do since they make good drawing pens and do a fine line sort of thing and everyone was going to Splicer's studio.

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Deirdre

• PatientType

• AltecGreen

I'd been on a road trip (plug photos here: Oh! Why yes, I do have photos!), then helped a friend move Saturday morning. I didn't really have to help much: crack jokes and explain the no-shoes-in-the-house rule (it's very confusing to those who grew up wearing their shoes in the house *gasp* -- but it was my friend's desire to institute the rule) and, you know, move stuff. But it was all fairly easy and light with four of us. I thought about joining Pen Posse, wanted to go, but I couldn't muster the energy; it was time to rest.

Oo, I want to see all the Stipulas and Ricky's entire collection! And the flexy comparison!

Anyone have the Lamy Dialog 3? I am so tempted! I'd like to try one out first. Maybe a trip to Flax....

OH! Hey, listen! We have a member of the Danitrio Fellowship coming out from the East Coast in a couple of weeks, so I'll be posting a Pen Posse for him, see if Kevin's available, too. Waiting to hear about schedules, but I'm looking at the first Saturday of November. This is a heads-up! I hope the newbies and lurkers can make this one!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

P.S. I named the car Gypsy.

Pronounced Geeeeeepsee. Or Geeepsie.

Or, you know, Gypsy, if you're not all excited about the car. Gypsy LOVES THE ROAD! Geeepsie!

etherX in To Miasto

P.S. I named the car Gypsy.

Pronounced Geeeeeepsee. Or Geeepsie.

Or, you know, Gypsy, if you're not all excited about the car. Gypsy LOVES THE ROAD! Geeepsie!

This is the image I get of Geepsie.

The old gypsy woman giving the Lon Chaney Jr. the business.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2545/4024110151_d26cee6b45_o.jpg

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I'd been on a road trip (plug photos here: Oh! Why yes, I do have photos!), then helped a friend move Saturday morning. I didn't really have to help much: crack jokes and explain the no-shoes-in-the-house rule (it's very confusing to those who grew up wearing their shoes in the house *gasp* -- but it was my friend's desire to institute the rule) and, you know, move stuff. But it was all fairly easy and light with four of us. I thought about joining Pen Posse, wanted to go, but I couldn't muster the energy; it was time to rest.

Oo, I want to see all the Stipulas and Ricky's entire collection! And the flexy comparison!

Anyone have the Lamy Dialog 3? I am so tempted! I'd like to try one out first. Maybe a trip to Flax....

OH! Hey, listen! We have a member of the Danitrio Fellowship coming out from the East Coast in a couple of weeks, so I'll be posting a Pen Posse for him, see if Kevin's available, too. Waiting to hear about schedules, but I'm looking at the first Saturday of November. This is a heads-up! I hope the newbies and lurkers can make this one!

So who is coming out from out East?? Do tell! I am glad everyone had fun and sorry I missed it.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

This is the image I get of Geepsie.

The old gypsy woman giving the Lon Chaney Jr. the business.

Nice one, Ricky! *Laughs*

etherX in To Miasto

Day is set for next Pen Posse, Our Dinner With Andre-style, Thursday, November 5. Working on fixing a time and place, 6:00 or later, probably in San Francisco. Will start a new thread after I get more details. Hooray!

etherX in To Miasto

OK, I've still got $$ left on my BART ticket. But if we're going to do another pilgrimage to San Francisco for the next Pen Posse, let's choose a location where quality English and German beer is available on tap. Depending on what we're ordering, the theme could be British or German-made fountain pens.

OK, I've still got $ left on my BART ticket. But if we're going to do another pilgrimage to San Francisco for the next Pen Posse, let's choose a location where quality English and German beer is available on tap. Depending on what we're ordering, the theme could be British or German-made fountain pens.

Please see this post.

It's definitely a globetrotting theme!

etherX in To Miasto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think we have settled when the next meeting will take place. This weekend did not work out.

I will await our fearless leader to proclaim the next date or give subtle hints.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Ricky said in the other thread: "I agree with MsL that if we meet again in November, the weekend before Thanksgiving works better than meeting during the 'weekend of doom'."

Would that be this Saturday? Wanna Pen Posse?

Since there's no longer the urgency of Peter's Cafe's closing (I thought it was more imminent, heh), we could meet there OR at Westfield Mall. Anyone want a jumpstart on their gift-shopping? Is that crazy talk? I don't know!

Since Jenny (hi, Jenny!) is in Berkeley, probably Westfield Mall is the most convenient for us as a whole, WM's being easily accessible via BART (I might even BART it).

Let's say Westfield Mall, noonish.

This Saturday, November 21.

How's that?

etherX in To Miasto

Okay! I'll start another thread, then.

Westfield Mall, Saturday, November 21, 2009, Noon -- downstairs in the Food Emporium, let's say on the Market Street side.

Hooray!

etherX in To Miasto