Sf Bay Area Pen Posse

PatientType

Hey,

I checked out the pics from the August meeting. Looks like fun. Is there another get together planned? I've not have the pleasure of meeting the other locals with ink stained fingers. I figure the next meeting must be overdue. So, were do I sign up?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Deirdre

• PatientType

• AltecGreen

Hey,

I checked out the pics from the August meeting. Looks like fun. Is there another get together planned? I've not have the pleasure of meeting the other locals with ink stained fingers. I figure the next meeting must be overdue. So, were do I sign up?

I think just we need to set a time and place. Things will fall into place by themselves (eventually).

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

As there's only one Pen Posse, and it's only around here, except when we go somewhere and qualify other gatherings, the SF Bay Area part was just for clarification and so people would see it, right?

There does not seem to be any interest yet in Pen Posse Boston visit.

Not next week.

Also not in a month, when I'll see who, if anybody, though I expect so on the west coast, is up for what, in Seattle.

Also not during Cal football home games, or Big Game, except possibly near Berkeley afterwards.

Do we have to wait for the board software to be tweaked to show the location field, or is it gone, or do we have to change a setting to show it?

As there's only one Pen Posse, and it's only around here, except when we go somewhere and qualify other gatherings, the SF Bay Area part was just for clarification and so people would see it, right?

There does not seem to be any interest yet in Pen Posse Boston visit.

Well, I'm a newbie to the Posse thing but there seem to be meetings going on with an LA Pen Posse and a Montreal/Quebec Pen Posse.

That's right! We're "The Originals!" Ethernautrix traveled all over a spread the word. Also, visitors to the Bay Area did the Posse, saw what fun we had, and went back home and set up other Posse chapters.

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

OK OK OK. We shall have a Pen Posse. BUT, We need a theme and a location and a date.

Since I have pens to return to at least one person, and one is a Duofold golf pen or vest pocket pen or what ever they are called--it could be the Pen Posse of Small Pens. (Of course any pens would be welcome but we need a theme.)

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Well, I'm a newbie to the Posse thing but there seem to be meetings going on with an LA Pen Posse and a Montreal/Quebec Pen Posse.

The latter is because I, an SF Bay Pen Posse person, was traveling to Montreal and Quebec.

I'm back home now. :)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

So, is everyone is agreed to have a small & pocket pen themed meeting on Saturday, October 3rd at noon?

But at what location? Probably a restaurant that's not too noisy that won't object to putting tables together for us and to our lingering after we've eaten lunch. I know of a Chinese place on San Pablo Blvd. in El Cerrito. I could call and see how they'd feel about being a location. I think that their fairly reasonably priced - maybe $8 or so. Is that central enough?

If you could move it a bit later in the day, I could join around 5:30-6, but I'm in organic gardening classes that day.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I'd be happy to see small pens. And there are always Snorkels.

The closest thing to a real name I remember reading is Vest Parker Duofold, but nobody calls them that with everything in a different order than usual. And I hope it was a citation of an ad or catalog that led me to remember that.

Saturday, October 3rd, is Cal vs. u$c, in Berkeley. Where did the 3rd come from, and how could everybody agree to it upon the first mention, or did I miss something, like a bunch of PMs?

What's the place on San Pablo? I recently tried Jack's in a strip mall a few blocks from Nation's, and the food was pretty good, but it's a small place with hard surfaces.

If you guys ever make the trek up to Marin but then decide on INO like you have elsewhere instead of something Marin-ish, there's a stationery store by it, with little in the way of pens, but lots of paper and stuff. Somebody ask winedoc if he has any good occasion coming up.

Are we moving to October 10th for kernando? We can shift the time to 5:30 PM for Dierdre. If you guys want to do the Chinese restaurant, the location information is below. It's under new ownership, scores fairly well on Yelp! and I can vouch for the food. It has vegetarian choices for those who prefer non-meat cuisine.

Golden Bowl

10675 San Pablo Ave

El Cerrito, CA 94530

10/10 is the NYC pen show, so if you switch, I'll just have to give a report next time.

It's okay -- no single date will work for everyone.

deirdre.net

10/10 is the NYC pen show, so if you switch, I'll just have to give a report next time.

It's okay -- no single date will work for everyone.

What's the vote? 10th or 17th? The 10th is sooner. On the 17th Dierdre can give a fresh report on the NY pen show and probably pass out free ink samples from the show. (Too bad the icons aren't working yet.)

17th works fine. :) (BTW, I'm an EI Deirdre -- IE is an American abomination of the name.)

deirdre.net

I vote the 17th. More time to acquire pens for the Pen Posse.

I want to see what kind of small pens Winedoc's going to come up with. I think we all need pocket Urushi pens.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065